Blueprints From Hasbro Hq?

Is it possible?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

Okay, so I was in my machining blueprinting class in college today, thinking of the best to machine the internals of my LS from 440 stainless steel and Aluminum (CS, you might be able to offer me advice on this) and I got to thinking that instead of making my own blueprints, I could contact Hasbro in some way and get the blueprints directly from them instead.

Does anyone know how to contact Hasbro outside their customer service crap?
Gimme back my bullets....

#2 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

I sincerely doubt that Hasbro is going to give you the plans to their patented product so you can replicate it. I think that the only way you're going to do this is the hard way--with lots and lots of fine measuring. ~Rork
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#3 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:59 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to just manually measure the internal parts yourself? I would assume you only want the plunger tube and bolt sled.

There used a be a topic of google patent nerf guns, but I think the longshot is far too new to appear publicly.
While you are busy reading this, I am eating your sandwich.

#4 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:54 AM

Okay, so I was in my machining blueprinting class in college today, thinking of the best to machine the internals of my LS from 440 stainless steel and Aluminum (CS, you might be able to offer me advice on this) and I got to thinking that instead of making my own blueprints, I could contact Hasbro in some way and get the blueprints directly from them instead.

Does anyone know how to contact Hasbro outside their customer service crap?

Not bloody likely.
You may be able to search out some of the patent drawings.
But unless you hire a patent search firm, the odds of any success wouldn't be that great.

Anyway, even if you could - why settle for anything less than the crossbow?

Because, honestly, I don't like the xbow. It looks cool and out-preforms most modern springers, but if I can machine the parts for my LS, then I can get the same power out of it. I intend to take the existing design and improve the hell out of it.

I have held and used an xbow, so I know what I'm saying. (god know EVERY xbow owner is gonna flame me now)

Wouldn't it be easier to just manually measure the internal parts yourself? I would assume you only want the plunger tube and bolt sled.

There used a be a topic of google patent nerf guns, but I think the longshot is far too new to appear publicly.

I intend to make a properly airtight system, going beyond the Angel Breech, and any other improvements that were made. It'll be able to take any spring combination thrown at it up until I reach the impact strength of 440 stainless.

As for the measurements, it's really time-consuming to make blueprints by hand with pencil and paper. I was wondering if CS had any advice in that department.
Gimme back my bullets....

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:11 AM

Do not waste your time, or theirs for that matter. They will not give you that info. The best you can do is look up the patent online, and use the sketches from there, but I'm willing to bet the internal mechanisms are not very well documented, for trade secret purposes. There's nothing wrong with reverse engineering though, but it will take more time.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users