Thunderbolt

Buzz Bee Air Blasters

4 replies to this topic

#1 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

The Thunderbolt, stock gets o.k. range like a Maverick, has lights and makes an annoying sound
Posted Image

A quick size comparison
Posted Image

Inside, the spring is not bad but the plunger tube is small and the hole where the air releases is small
Posted Image

The spring and there is a oring plus a rubber head
Posted Image

There is rubber on the tip of the plunger tube
Posted Image

You don't want to take this part apart, the metal post on the left side of the black thing with the green ring slides in and out so its impossible to push back into the orange turret(I finally found a way to get it back together)
Posted Image

I drilled out the pegs and added a spacer behind the spring to help compress it more.
Posted Image

Thats it for now I will finish modding it later and let yall know about ranges

#2 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

So it's a FF with a better seal? ;)
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#3 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:26 PM

No... It's a tek 10 in a new shell that makes stupid noises.

#4 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

That's pretty good. I find that BuzzBee's ROF guns all get better ranges than most Mavericks and some Fireflies. If you dislike the sound, clip the wires leading to that green circle piece in the last picture and remove it. If you still want the lights, just e-tape the ends of the wires, but if you don't care, just leave the batteries out. I do like that little appendage down at the bottom, it begs for a 2k or a SSPB.

Good start though, I look forward to seeing the rest of the mod.

Edited by .Z4., 16 September 2008 - 07:34 PM.

Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#5 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:38 PM

So it's a FF with a better seal? ;)

Sort of, it is like all other spring-powered Buzz Bee blasters (with the RFR and the DS as the only exceptions). It uses the universal size plunger setup, with, for note, has a plunger tube that is slightly smaller than that of a Firefly, and yes, has a better seal. The good advantage of this universal plunger setup compared to that of several Nerf spring-powered blasters (Maverick, Scout, Longshot Frontgun, CrossFire, and Eliminator) is that it has a regular-style piston plunger which has a good plunger-to-turret seal, as well as a decently heavy-gauge spring (heavier than all the aforementioned Nerf blasters) whereas Nerf skimps out on many of the aforementioned pistols with crappy, inefficient reverse-plungers, usually lighter-gauge, weaker springs, and, in the case of the Maverick, a non-existent plunger-to-turret seal. In fact, the Tek 6 when modified to comparable level with the Maverick, outranges the Maverick.

This looks like a repackaged Tek Ten with a different shell and added useless crap, it looks a bit cheesier, but more comfortable.

Edited by Blasphemy, 16 September 2008 - 07:40 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users