repairable

3 replies to this topic

#1 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:08 PM

I was goofing around with my TTP last night and all of a sudden it stopped shooting with any power at all, just total suckage.

Opened it up and what the problem was that the end of the plunger tube had cracked open a little. Turns out the tube is not a single molded piece of plastic but has a cap glued on the the end with the hole for the air to pass into the barrel. So I just took hot glue and patched it. It works fine again, but I'll probably epoxy it later to give it a more solid fix.
So that's just a FYI on a possible problem you may encounter if you use the TTP a lot.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#2 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 04:34 PM

My maxshot had a similar problem. Now I always reinforce any plunger gun I mod with epoxy/goop whether its broken or not. It saves me the trouble of opening it to fix it later on.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 05:37 PM

That happened to me, and I think ragornocks, just glue it on and it works perfectly.
ko

#4 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:12 PM

A better solution is to hack the casing away, and fit a 3/4" to 1/2" PVC reducer onto it, doing away with the endcap completly. Wrap the end of the tube in electrical tape, twist the reducer on, add some epoxy for strength, and you'll be good to go. Just use some sense where you cut the casing away, and you won't have to worry about it breaking, plus you'll have a better flow of air.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users