Photo

Ls Jam Door Mod.

Not even worth a few minutes, but still.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:36 AM

So yeah, one day my LS started making a weird sound like something was rattling around inside of it after i'd added 2 mav springs, a recon spring, and the standard LS spring. If finally fell out of one of the crevices and it was the little piece of plastic that kept the jam door sliding back and forth on the bolt sled.

So if anyone was semi-peeved that the jam door only opened once you primed the gun, theres a quick little fix for ya. Mine broke by accident, but it should come off with a quick job done by pliers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Norther_of_Heaven, 14 September 2008 - 12:37 AM.

"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#2 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

I just get rid of them since they really have no purpose. Good and easy mod, but if you are taking your gun apart, leave the jam door behind...it does nothing

Goodnight and see you in the morning :D

#3 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:52 AM

The great part about this is that i didn't have to open it for this to happen. It just... happened.
And i like the way the door keeps everything looking nice and *smooth*-ish. That and i hate the orange and blue color scheme. Florida? On MY Longshot? I think not.

..GOOO DAWGS!! SIC 'EM!!
*ahem* sorry, we're 3-0 as of today.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:54 AM

I just get rid of them since they really have no purpose. Good and easy mod, but if you are taking your gun apart, leave the jam door behind...it does nothing

Except for cosmetic purposes. Mine's gold so it would cover up the internals and not make it look retarded. A blue and orange bolt sled on a red/gold paintjob? Not very pleasant to look at.

Edited by Echnalaid, 14 September 2008 - 12:56 AM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

it would cover up the internals and not make it look retarded.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:50 AM

I'll +1 that. I personally shudder when I see a longshot that doesn't have that door on it. It looks so much nicer with it on there. I also have mine glued to the top of the bolt so the door opens when I prime it.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#7 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:14 AM

I'll +1 that. I personally shudder when I see a longshot that doesn't have that door on it. It looks so much nicer with it on there. I also have mine glued to the top of the bolt so the door opens when I prime it.

+1 for both the jam door, and that idea.

If I wasn't gonna single my next Longshot, I would definitely do that.

Leave the jam door on. It makes it look less retarded. For war applications, it does make sense though. I've had to clear a Longshot jam many a time when I used my LS for the first war I attended. My problem though. Oops. It was just poorly modded.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#8 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:21 PM

Surely there's nothing wrong with removing the door if your internals look decent. If you have an Angel breech and a dyed bolt sled, why not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users