Photo

Nerf War In Kansas!

The first one I think!

114 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you come? (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Indoor or Outdoor?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

The Season of Foam team is coming to Topeka, Kansas.

I don't have a date for you guys just yet, but I will in a few days. Keep your eyes open for a Season of Foam Trip Map/Planning thread. It'll be some time in the 3rd week of July.

Looking through, you all seem to be pretty settled on the park you found, but I'm curious. The Menninger Building sounds AWESOME! We're going to be nerfing in SO many grassy fields with sporadic trees that we won't know what to do with ourselves. But a multi-story building? If you guys can score that place for a day, you'll easily have one of the most notable stops along the way of the entire documentary.

As for gun bans because of everything being so close quarters, I think you all can manage. If necessary, wear a sweatshirt to buffer the hits a bit, but even at close ranges, singled Blast Bazookas, 2ks, etc. don't hurt all that much. Remember, the pain you feel during a test shot on a person is far more than you'll almost EVER feel during play. A lot of the time, you have to tell someone they're hit because they don't notice while running around.

We'll play wherever you guys settle on, but I personally would love nothing more than to play at the Menninger building Tornado13's spoken about.

Tornado13, I've emailed you. Please reply asap.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#102 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

If you guys could make it down before or after the last week of July, I would jump up and click my heels.
I have a camping trip in Colorado that week.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#103 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

The Kansas date will either be during our first week of travel, or our last week, coming back across from Georgia. I'm leaning towards the latter because we wouldn't have to come all the way down to Kansas from Vancouver, BC, and then go all the way back up to Michigan. So if we go with my projected plan and hit Kansas on the way back, we'll be coming through the first week of August, right after Alabama/Georgia, and right before Texas and Home.

Commence heel clicking.

Edited by Falcon, 30 January 2009 - 06:03 PM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#104 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

Lifesaver.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#105 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

So is the SoF war a different war, or is the date of the war changed? I'm currious because I don't want to take 4 16 hour drives going back and forth to Kansas.

Edited by futureseal, 31 January 2009 - 10:54 PM.

~~GamesRadar~~
Those of you who’ve never known the pain of hamster loss, just remember, your family doesn’t love you and there is no God.

LIVE Gamertag: CitrusyLimeO9. Its the letter o.

#106 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

It is the same war, just changed the date to fit the SOF teams plans. They will advertise and i guess co-host, as I was planning the war from the start, but it would be helpful to have vets run the sow a little bit. Yes, same war, different date.

#107 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I will be planing on coming then.

Update 2.4.09: NO! The war is now conflicting with a future airsoft event that I'm going to. I may have to sit this one out.

Edited by futureseal, 04 February 2009 - 07:46 PM.

~~GamesRadar~~
Those of you who’ve never known the pain of hamster loss, just remember, your family doesn’t love you and there is no God.

LIVE Gamertag: CitrusyLimeO9. Its the letter o.

#108 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

My calendar is open and I eagerly await August 5'th. I'm pretty stoked to be going to be going to my first "major" war. I'll probably bring a few friends along too.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#109 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

After doing a bit of research, I think that the Menninger Building can be ruled out. The videos that I linked all show the state of the facility, especially the last video. The group that owned the building sold it, and the current owners have done absolutely nothing with the building, and the cost to repair the building is in the millions. Also, I still haven't seen any rules for this war or a starting and ending time, heck, there's not even a definite location.

http://media.49abcne...8/vandalism.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86fgL5liN2M
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#110 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

Homestarune, I suppose that you COULD host the war yourself. Honestly, you seem like you really want this to happen so all you need is a date (August 5th I think) and a place. The date has been set by the SOF guys.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#111 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

After doing a bit of research, I think that the Menninger Building can be ruled out. The videos that I linked all show the state of the facility, especially the last video. The group that owned the building sold it, and the current owners have done absolutely nothing with the building, and the cost to repair the building is in the millions. Also, I still haven't seen any rules for this war or a starting and ending time, heck, there's not even a definite location.

http://media.49abcne...8/vandalism.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86fgL5liN2M

I know you think that the Menninger Building can be ruled out, but your wrong. My father and a few of his co-workers cleaned and repaired the building with their own hands. I have personally walked through when the repairs were done, and the building is in fine condition. The only conflict that we have with using the building is the new owners. I have personal connections to the new owners and I think we will have no trouble getting permission to use the building. The only problem I believe we might have is liability. Say we are playing at the building and one of us gets hurt, because we are on private property with permission, we could say that the property was responsible for the injury and we could sue the new owners. I do not believe that any of us would go to extreme measures like that, but the owners do not know that. What I am saying is that to play there we might have to sign liability waivers stating that any injury that occurs on their property they are not responsible for, as in we cannot sue them. I don't believe that signing the waivers will be any problem for anyone, but if you do not sign you will have to leave the property and not play.

All in all what I am saying is... We can still use the Menninger Building. As for rules those will be set soon. I will be getting out of school soon and things involving the war will start to roll.

~Tornado13

Edited by Tornado13, 28 April 2009 - 04:27 PM.

#112 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to play in the Menninger Building. Now that you've told me this, I'm hoping that we can play there as it sounds like it would be a blast. I was just going off of what I saw in those videos. Rogue Warrior, I do really want this war to happen, but if I were to host the war it'd end up being in the Kansas City metro area, which is something that I don't think can be changed at this point. As far as liability goes, I'd sign a liability waiver if it meant I got to nerf at Menninger.

#113 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

Alright, I'm bringing this back from the dead so I can get a few things straight.

I'm adding the address of the menninger building to the SOF trip map thread as the location address, with a pending marker on it. I'm going to search the area on googlemaps and find some local parks that we can use as backups. Tornado13, if you could get ahold of the current building owners through your dad and have him figure out the logistics of using it, that'd be great. But I need you to get on the ball with that soon. Like, this week.

If they're okay with it, but want everyone to sign a liability release form, tell your dad that we will gladly sign such forms. We'll still do a careful walkthrough of the place when we get there to make sure we're comfortable with it (and if not, we'll go to one of the backup locations, spur-of-the-moment.)

For the time being, though, we'll call the Crestview location the set location, until you can pull up some proof that the Menninger Building can be used.

Let's get this ball rolling again!

Edited by Falcon, 30 April 2009 - 02:45 PM.

----------||||||||)

#114 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

Alright Guys! Another Update! *Yay*

Not really..... I have talked to the owners of the Menninger Building and they said we can't use it. Even if we sign the liability forms. They worry about damage to the property from our possibly dangerous toys.

All-in-all... No Go on the Menninger Building. So for now like Falcon said put Crestview down as the location for the war. I will still look into other options for the location of the war that are not privately owned. There are a few other parks in the area that are open to the public because they are city owned, like Crestview, so maybe we can change places. Otherwise the SOF team will stop in Crestview Park.

Only a week till school is out! YES!

#115 Kansas City 1706

Kansas City 1706

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hey, Tornado here, just wondering if anyone would come to a Kansas Nerf War. I have two great locations, one is indoor one is outdoor. I will try to post pictures later. Like in the Season Of Foam thread noted it would be cool if you guys could drop-in. That means we would have to organize the date around the time that you would be here. Just wondering if anyone would come. If you vote in the poll please post a reply so I could add you to the list. If you want to see the pictures for the places first wait to vote so then I can see where you guys want to hold it.

Thanks ~Tornado

EDIT: As it says in the post above, please post if you can come or if your a maybe!!!

YES I would definitely go to a Kansas Nerf war!!! To me I personally think I am the only Nerffer in the state of Kansas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users