Photo

Legaliallity Of Titans In Wars..

17 replies to this topic

#1 TGfeo

TGfeo

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

I have a singled titan (redone, not as crappy as my old mod. now has breech capabillities, better range, only 10 pumps are needed, and I actually shoved the pvc IN the titan's nub, as opposed to taping it on top.) Anyway, I've heard talk about singled titans getting banned in wars. Is this true? And if so, is there anything I can do to my beloved titan to make it valid? espicially seeing that my next most powerful is my DTG, with spring addition and ARs gone (this is, of course, excluding my LS, which is under exstensive modification.)

thanks.

#2 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

Singled titans are banned at about 99.9% of wars. I think you can get by it if you shotgun it, or have more than on e barrel on it.

#3 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

It mostly depends on who is running the war and what the person thinks about your titan. The thing is, you should be able to slide it by as long as the pump isn't plugged.
SuperGeek.

#4 TGfeo

TGfeo

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

It mostly depends on who is running the war and what the person thinks about your titan. The thing is, you should be able to slide it by as long as the pump isn't plugged.

good, because it's not.

#5 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

It's still pretty powerful when the pump isn't plugged. And most people still won't allow it.

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

Again, it will vary war to war, but it depends on a number of things:

a) What sort of ranges are you getting?
:) What kind of darts are you shooting?

And much more. But it's a general rule of thumb that SINGLED titans aren't okay. We allow shotgunned titans at our wars, but not singled titans. And NO, I do NOT mean loading multiple darts into a singled titan's barrel. By shotgunned, I mean multiple barrels taking the titan's air output in at once, firing several darts. You can multi-load those barrels too, but a titan that fires one barrel at a time (even turreted) is typically not going to fly with whoever's running the war. Sure, bring it along and ask the war organizer, but make sure you bring something else.

That being said, as long as your friends don't mind, there's nothing stopping you from using it at your OWN war. I'd just not recommend it.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#7 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

Of course, this was used at Apoc, and everyone seemed to be fine with it.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#8 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

Most of the time, singled titans without the pump plugged reach about 80-100, and if you really think of it, that is not that much more than say an angel longshot. Plus, if you use stock darts like I do, they are even less painful upon impact. The big disadvantage with the titan is the reload time. So I find that singled titans are allowed at the wars I go to because of how they are modded.
SuperGeek.

#9 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:18 PM

The chimera is only 50% efficient, or at least was at that point. I haven't seen his new barrel setups. It was only getting 80-90' with the average dart going around (honestly pretty crappy). I did see him get one shot off at a slight angle with his own dart that went about 110', but still. All of that range is counteracted by the intense priming time.
Teehee.

#10 TGfeo

TGfeo

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

A) 10 pumps flat: 70 feet
10 pumps angled: 80 feet
20-50 pumps flat: 90-110 feet
20-50 pumps angled: 110+

B ) stock darts, mostly taggers. It loads by a breech system, where I pull the exstention off, load dart (Whistlers, suckers, and taggers are best for this because they stay because the head is wider than the rest of the dart) and put extsention back on.

I personally have never had a big problem with the titan reload time, I can get by on 80ft most of the time and It takes me <5 seconds to load and pump (10 pumps)

And no, I'm not one of those stupid kids that sets it down and pumps it like a bike pump.

Edited by TGfeo, 12 September 2008 - 06:20 PM.

#11 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

And NO, I do NOT mean loading multiple darts into a singled titan's barrel.

What about a non-plugged Titan with a single barrel that is specifically designed for one-after-another loading and performs very poorly when not firing more than one dart? The shotgunned Titan I use has a single barrel, but it's designed for shotgunning. It performs excellently, but it would be by no means worthy of being banned from a war. In fact, I'd gladly let the host of the war shoot me in the stomach from 5-10 feet to proove it.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#12 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

At NJ wars I've played against a couple singled titans. It's not like one is going to puncture through your skin or something. Plus anyone using a singled titan is a easy target.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#13 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

20-50 pumps angled: 110+

50 pumps? Are you serious? You really should'nt pump it more than Like, 30.

Edited by Bomberman, 12 September 2008 - 08:46 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#14 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

While we're on the topic, I have a question. Typically, singled BBBB's, SM5K's, Titans, etc. arent allowed in wars. However, my BBBB shoots megas, not micros. Would a mega-shooting pump gun be allowed?
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#15 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

While we're on the topic, I have a question. Typically, singled BBBB's, SM5K's, Titans, etc. arent allowed in wars. However, my BBBB shoots megas, not micros. Would a mega-shooting pump gun be allowed?

We allowed Busta Ninja to use his singled BBBB w/ megas at MNCSO. It preformed pretty well and didn't hurt too much to get hit with. Mind you, I don't think his pump is plugged, but you should be able to get away with it.
Gimme back my bullets....

#16 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:30 PM

Most of the time, singled titans without the pump plugged reach about 80-100.

What? Mine shot 170' at 17 pumps and the pump isn't plugged. Like Falcon said it depends on war to war. When I hosted my war I said no singled Titans and no plugged BBBB's or LBB's. Also the last war I went too there was a ban on blasters that shot over 150'. It also comes down to this: Do you want to be shot by a singled Titan at, lets say 50'?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#17 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

They're dangerous, unbalanced, and unnecessary. The FWPC doesn't allow them at our wars for those reasons. It's not a matter of pain, it's about safety. A stefan fired out of a Titan broke the skin on my arm. Couple that with a weight separating from the rest of the dart and someone could get seriously hurt.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#18 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:01 AM

Well, I have a Titan, I did BendyStraw's Absolver modification, and I used a Maverick clip as a 6 barrel shot thing, it only get's 50' 'cause there's a ton of dead space. Yet, I also couplered it to make it actually useful, when I first did that, I was using crayola's which got about 70' w/ a crappy pump, now I lubed the pump, replaced the crayola w/ brass and it get's 80'-125' depending on the dart (8-10 for stock darts and 20-25 for stefans). In my opinion, I wouldn't want to get shot by a singled Titan using a stefan with hot glue as the tip, because I've been shot by a "Pump Shotgun" (ETRL or ERTL...whatever) at >50' and it REALLY hurt.

Anyways, at 'geddon '08, I saw ALOT of people using SINGLED BBBB's (I think), and they were allowed as long as the pump WASN'T plugged. Now Titans, I guess if you can actually modify them correctly (which I can't 'cause I have cruddy modification skills, which is why my absolver only get's 50'), Titans can get around 200' from what i've heard although I seem to doubt that. If you are going to a war, then I suggest you bring your Titan and use it as a shot gun (with multiple barrels) and also just incase (if you didn't "multiple barrel" your Titan) then i'd bring another gun. But if you were hosting your own war with your friends and stuff, then it's up to you, although I wouldn't recommend it, even with eye protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users