Defective Big Blasts?

Has this happened to anyone?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

The other day, after laying tile in our kitchen, my parents said that I could get a new nerf gun. I could have been a dick and said I want a Vulcan, but I'm not like that. So instead I went to Gordman's and got a Big Blast for $10. I was happy because I've wanted one since my Sonic Bazooka broke. So when I got home, I ripped open the box, and pumped it up, and thought "Damn, this is really easy to pump!" Then, when I pulled the trigger, I got a resounding nothing. I was pissed. I took it back to Gordman's and said "I just bought this, and I took it home, and it doesnt work." The cash register person said, "OK, is there another one back there?" I knew there wasnt, but I went back and got a Blast Bazooka instead. But it only had 1 rocket, but that wasn't all too mad about that. The point is, has anyone's BBBB done this?
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#2 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

I have never heard of a Big Blast that did exscatly that but I have had a big blast that leaked a lot after like 3 or 4 pumps. In other words it a 10 dollar gun witch means it isn't going to well manufactured every time.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 11 September 2008 - 04:25 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#3 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but I mean this thing wouldnt hold air at all.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

The OP valves are pretty inconsistent so it's no big surprise you got one that doesn't work at all.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, the OP valves are similar to those in the Airtech series, except even less reliable. It is just a plastic/rubber sealing face on the end of a steel pin and could be screwed up because something is stuck to it, preventing it from sealing correctly, or, the sealing piece may be defective itself.

Edited by Blasphemy, 11 September 2008 - 05:29 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#6 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Out of all the big blasts my friends and I have purchased, none of them have been defective. Though, one of the Spy Gear Signal Launchers I got leaked out of the barrel and my friend got an LBB that had problems holding pressure. Considering that, I wouldn't doubt that a big blast could have similar problems.

Edited by venom213, 11 September 2008 - 07:32 PM.

#7 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

Slug: I see what you are saying with the op release valves, that must be what happened to mine.

Blasphemy: Ah, I learned something today!

Venom: That must be a good thing eh?
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#8 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

Well, it has happened to me, with my second one, and some of my others are leaky.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#9 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

I went through around 3 before I got one that worked, so it's entirely possible.

#10 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

Well maybe when it was being manufacter they forgot to put the O-Ring on the pump or something. Its a 9 dollar gun so mistakes can be made.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#11 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

Ice: Thank god someone else had the same problem.

Bogs: That really sucks.

Icespartan: Also, not to be racist or anything, but its made by people chained to a table getting paid 5cents an hour.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#12 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

Icespartan: Also, not to be racist or anything, but its made by people chained to a table getting paid 5cents an hour.

That's not racist. Merely uneducated. Sure, China has some poorly regulated work shops, but it's not normally THAT bad with higher profile, globally distributed goods. Clothing, shoe, and other soft goods manufacturing is much more likely to be sweatshop style than hard goods, like Nerf guns and electronics.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#13 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, I see what you're saying.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#14 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

I have never heard of a Big Blast that did exscatly that but I have had a big blast that leaked a lot after like 3 or 4 pumps. In other words it a 10 dollar gun witch means it isn't going to well manufactured every time.

Well maybe when it was being manufacter they forgot to put the O-Ring on the pump or something. Its a 9 dollar gun so mistakes can be made.

Umm, did you really need to post twice to say the same thing? You also changed the price, following in Ice's footsteps are we? Just because a gun is cheap, doesn't mean its prone to defection. The Vulcan is 40 dollars, and theres been numerous threads on NH about how they didn't work out of the box.
On topic, I thought Big Blasts were supposed to be higher quality then the LBB? Or are they both prone to defects?
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#15 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

On topic, I thought Big Blasts were supposed to be higher quality then the LBB? Or are they both prone to defects?

The Big Blasts are generally considered "better" because their firing pins are metal: steel to be more exact, whereas the LBB has a plastic firing pin, other than that their internals are nearly identical and I'm sure they're both prone to the same defects.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users