Photo

Which Gun To Use For Hell Before Halloween?

from what I have in my arsenal

13 replies to this topic

#1 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

Well I can't exactly do a barrel replacement, unless you can count a crayola a real barrel. plus I have about $20 for springs... Also, I would like to have a decent secondary.

so here they are...

-BBB
-Double shot (shell-less)
-AT3K (crayola, pump-plugged)
-RFR (shell catching)
-Maverick (AR removed)
-Nitefinder (AR removed)
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#2 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

This doesn't belong here. But to answer your question, BBB + nitefinder

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

As someone who is going to be there, I would go with the BBB. If you can get yourself to basspro and get a ERTL pump action shotgun, do. You are going to be up against multiple doomsayers, xbows, and high powered airguns. I would reccomend getting something that shoots far. It is worth the money.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#4 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

Agreed. It does depend on your play style, but the BBB + NF combo should work well assuming you've replaced the BBB barrel (you didn't specify). If you need more RoF, you can always switch to your Mav, so bring both, but my cpvc couplered BBB with Disk Shot Pistol is by far the best gun I own.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#5 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

ok... the bbb is crayola-ed, so should I get a spring for a bbb and the mav AND the nitefinder?
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#6 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:58 PM

That's your call. Do you think you'll be fine with just the NF, or do you think you'll like using the Mav more. As it has been so many times, the guns you use depend on your play style. And yes, add a spring to the bbb.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#7 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

Wow, I would have picked the AT3K, but yes a BBB would be good aswell. The AT3K could be your secondary but it is a bit big so go with the nightfinder.

#8 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

Why would you use a BBB when you've got an AT3k? I think you should brass/petg your AT3k. I mean when it comes to ROF and range trade-off the AT3k is your best compromise - and the range you should be getting from a good AT3k should be somewhere around that of a BBB...

#9 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

I think you should brass/petg your AT3k.

He said that he can't do anything besides crayola barrel.

Long answer to original question:
I honestly don't know you would get more range out of (crayola BBB or crayola AT3k), but choosing one over the other really depends on your playstyle and (to an extent) the field that you are playing on.

If it's possible, I would suggest modifying the AT3k, BBB, and NF. If you've removed the Mav's ARs, that's just about all that you can do with it.

It seems that you are pretty new to nerf wars (or maybe you aren't; I can't be sure), so I would suggest taking all four of the blasters I mentioned and just try things out. Play a round with the BBB and Mav and/or NF, then try a round with the At3k and NF.

The Mav will help counter the BBB's lack of speed, while the AT3k will benefit more from the longer range of the NF.

I've never replaced a BBB spring, so again I don't know how much the range will improve.

I definitely advocate making your NF the best it can be: replace the barrel and spring (and/or add bands). A good NF serves just about any nerfer well.

Short(er) answer to original question:
If it were me, I would use an AT3k and the NF; You'll probably be out-ranged even if you use the BBB, so rush them instead with the high rate of fire that the 3k provides. Still, take the BBB in case the AT3k breaks.

Edited by jwasko, 10 September 2008 - 06:28 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#10 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

Personally, I'd take the At3k and the nitefinder.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#11 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

at3k and a nitefinder for sure or maybe talk to other people going to see if you could borrow more powerful guns.
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

-BBB
-Double shot (shell-less)
-AT3K (crayola, pump-plugged)
-RFR (shell catching)
-Maverick (AR removed)
-Nitefinder (AR removed)

Bring everything you have here as long as its nerf.
Mod it to the tits and you should be fine.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

When you get there just ask around for me, I will be bringing guns for others to use, like nitefinders with SSPBs, a few primaries, and a few other secondaries.

#14 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:56 AM

Why is this on the list of current topics with 12 or so posts?
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users