Photo

Another At2k Leak

4 replies to this topic

#1 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

Hey guys. I just was at a Kohl's and found myself very lucky with a AT2K in my hands for just $5. I know it's nothing to special, but it's my first of its kind so I was pretty pumped. So I got home, opened it up, and tried it out. First of all, the pressure gauge went down at a quite unreasonable speed. Also, when I tried to fire it, it went barely 2ft (I understand that this is typical for new AT2Ks so I wasn't overly worried). So anywho, as planned I opened it up and did some basic AR removal business and then tried to locate the leak. At first, it seemed to be coming out in several places (I put it under water), most of which I patched up with hot glue. Finally, when I got all of those covered up, it was still leaking very quickly so I figured it had to be coming out of where the pin is that releases the air. So, my question is, is there a way to make sure that no excess air can get out of the tack prior to release? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#2 mrcrouse1

mrcrouse1

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

Is it leaking out around the stupid gauge? If so, what I did to mine, is cut of the gauge, and stick the tube directly in the tank

#3 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:07 PM

No, as I said, it seems to be coming out of where the pin is as apposed to the gauge.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#4 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

Return it if possible unless you want to open up the air tank and fix the rubber seals. One of mine had the same problem, never found a solution.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#5 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:27 PM

Yeah, I just got a At2k last month and it got a stupid leak and now I got a scrap it. :) :angry: Needless to say, I was ultra-pissed.

But, on topic, I would ALWAYS use plumbers goop for air gun related leaks. Its pretty cheap and awesome.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users