Photo

Couplered Rattler

9 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

I know this has pretty much been done before in frost vectrons mod, But he didn't use a coupler so...

Posted Image

Make the backside as wide as the front side of the coupler

Posted Image

Drill a hole about that big, and plug the side hole with hot glue. Do not drill to big or the thing will crack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Put some glue on the side of the coupler and put it on.

Posted Image

Petg nested in Pvc gets about 50 more or less (at about a 10 degree angle) with taggers and it looks really really clean.

Edited by Blue, 09 September 2008 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

Why not make a bigger opening? the hole designed in this thing is only that way because it turns to fire 4 different barrels, I've singled a rattler before, it doesn't impair the gun from firing. At any rate, new spring + stock = cannon

Do that, and you'll for sure have a 70ft shooter.

Edited by Soothsayer, 09 September 2008 - 08:02 PM.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#3 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

Do have a name or something for the spring? Also, I made a hole in the center, and plugged the side hole that turns. I could drill through the entire thing, but I don't have any ideas on how to stop the plunger from flying out.

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

Use stefans and a tight barrel for your stefans. I hope you didn't just trash your internal rotation mech. It's an old gun and someone will probably want one eventually...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:33 PM

That is the biggest coupler I have ever seen?
Where did you find it?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:49 AM

That's a bushing adapter, not a coupler.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 Jimu RetroGuru

Jimu RetroGuru

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

Sorry to necro, but I just BOUGHT this Rattler off Blue via an E-Bay lot.

The hot glue he used to attach the bushing adapter broke, so I took the opportunity to widen the air hole a bit then re-attached the bushing with gap-filling Super Glue Gel. The plug in the side hole came out as well, so I just left it open.

Since Blue kept his PETG barrel, I added a CPVC 1/2" coupler to the bushing so I could use a 4-inch CPVC barrel. The barrel is unglued and dremeled at both ends to facilitate rear-loading.

No ideas for a stock yet, but it makes a nifty "riot gun."

BTW, this isn't the first time this gun's been on E-bay! According to Blue, he originally added the bushing because whoever sold it to HIM neglected to mention the BROKEN TURRET, disguising the gun in the listing by cropping the picture. Buyer beware!

#8 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

Sorry to necro, but I just BOUGHT this Rattler off Blue via an E-Bay lot.

The hot glue he used to attach the bushing adapter broke, so I took the opportunity to widen the air hole a bit then re-attached the bushing with gap-filling Super Glue Gel. The plug in the side hole came out as well, so I just left it open.

Since Blue kept his PETG barrel, I added a CPVC 1/2" coupler to the bushing so I could use a 4-inch CPVC barrel. The barrel is unglued and dremeled at both ends to facilitate rear-loading.

No ideas for a stock yet, but it makes a nifty "riot gun."

BTW, this isn't the first time this gun's been on E-bay! According to Blue, he originally added the bushing because whoever sold it to HIM neglected to mention the BROKEN TURRET, disguising the gun in the listing by cropping the picture. Buyer beware!

I'm glad you modded it more, I didn't use anything other than hot glue when I did this originally. Pics would be great though, I'm curious to see what it looks like now.

The seller I bought this from was way back in 2008 in a large eBay lot. Everything was great except for this gun, the top was hidden behind another gun and he didn't mention the turret being gone. I told him this, and he apologized and explained he knew nothing about Nerf guns, and we both left positive feedback for each other. Trying to find out who he is now is very hard to do though, but if you do, he is a good seller... but I doubt he's still active on eBay, and the lot was some collection he found in his basement or something like that, so the odds of him selling Nerf guns again are very slim.

#9 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

Just curious, how do these fire?
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#10 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

Just curious, how do these fire?

Pull back the lever to pull back the plunger, and it releases the plunger once it reaches a certain distance. Like a CB or Arrowstorm, only with a different way of "cocking" it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users