"Singled"

5 replies to this topic

#1 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

I just won an eBay auction for a few guns, so this is one of a few more modification write ups to come.

First, open up your gun. There are no hidden screws or anything, just unscrew what you can see and the shell comes right off.
Posted Image

The first thing I did was wrap the plunger head in electrical tape and silicone spray lube it.
Posted Image

I decide to single (if considered that) it, due to some air problems. So use some Goop and secure the PETG barrel onto the front of the plunger tube. I also drilled the small hole out to become larger to increase airflow, but I forgot to take a picture. Secure this down with hot glue.
Posted Image

I also added a ammo holder. As you can see in the picture, I originally attempted to keep this as a functional barrel, but I broke an important piece. That little orange piece doesn't need to be there, I just didn't see how it would be in the way.
Posted Image

And this is how the internals all finished should be
Posted Image

Then screw the other shell on and you're good to go!
Posted Image

Ranges aren't as good as FA_24's, but I didn't replace the spring...

51'
53'
53'
55'
57'

Questions, comments, or flames?

Sorry about the weird picture sizes, I don't know how to re-size all my Photobucket pictures as once to a single size.

Edited by Coop, 09 September 2008 - 03:26 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#2 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Looks good, I really like that blaster, it looks really old school. Good ranges without a spring replacement too.
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#3 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

Sucks that you broke it, the whole point of the gun is that it has 2 shots.

#4 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

Well when I started out the modification that wasn't the "whole point" to me at all. I wanted a descent sidearm. When it's stock, it's a bitch to aim with the handle barrel, I'm assuming it is when it's modified as well. I would rather have an extra shot for the main gun in there rather than to be shot. It does waste a bit of air flow to keep the capability to flip barrels.

Edited by Coop, 09 September 2008 - 05:22 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:36 PM

Well when I started out the modification that wasn't the "whole point" to me at all. I wanted a descent sidearm. When it's stock, it's a bitch to aim with the handle barrel, I'm assuming it is when it's modified as well. I would rather have an extra shot for the main gun in there rather than to be shot. It does waste a bit of air flow to keep the capability to flip barrels.

It sounded like the singling was due to unintentional air problems and that you would rather have kept it two shots in the write-up.

#6 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

It sounded like the singling was due to unintentional air problems and that you would rather have kept it two shots in the write-up.

Well I did get it to work, but it ended up breaking when I was trying something kind silly. But when it was working i didn't get the ranges I am now, so I like it more this way.

To each his own. I prefer one shot that can actually get somewhere rather than two that can get half the distance needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users