Like usual, I got bored. :)

28 replies to this topic

#1 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

Like usual, I got bored so I got thinking. People integrate guns onto there primaries because it's an extra shot. Why not integrate a gun onto your barrel? This way it's removable. I don't know maybe it's stupid but I think it's pretty cool. Here's a pic of what I mean.
Posted Image

#2 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

Im sorry, but thats dumb..... Im not talking about your idea, just your face.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#3 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

Im sorry, but thats dumb..... Im not talking about your idea, just your face.

Haha, yeah I like making funny faces on nerfhaven. :D

#4 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

Which would still be an integration? You mean one that you could swap from gun to gun with a universal barrel or what? You posted an entire thread about the vaguest of ideas.
Teehee.

#5 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

Uhmm, well since almost all of my rifles ( I don't wanna say primaries ) are couplered it's a universal barrel yes. A universal barrel with an extra shot. :D

#6 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

That would possibly be a good idea. Pro: Wouldn't have to deal with internal or external integtrations and possibly messing up the shell or internals. Con: Would have to deal with possibly fugly and combersome guns on the barrel.

~Tornado

#7 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

Well not if there small guns, like the SSPB, or even the Bruce Wayne Batman Launcher Gun thingy (Singled it's very small). I'm sure there are small enough guns to fit on the barrel that wouldn't be so ugly, and personally i'm more for performance than cosmetics.

#8 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

You could just as easily velcro another blaster onto the side of your gun, making it more convenient to reload and prime and easier to fire. And then you can velcro it to anything.

I would be very worried about having that thing on my barrel. I haven't broken any petg yet, but a broken barrel in the middle of a round would be a nightmare.
Teehee.

#9 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

Well it could be on any barrel, including a speed loader.

#10 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

:D

#11 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

The problem with it being on a speedloader is that you flip it over so then you'd be shooting yourself. It would be nice to have the gun in hand when you're reloading, that way you don't have to carry your sidearm and the barrels while reloading, or reload without any protection, but it seems like it would be too much of a hassel to make it work well.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#12 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

That can be done with Split's technique, using velcro.

#13 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

Please, oh PLEASE for the love of god and everything that is good and pure do not slap one of those onto the lancer!! :D

They are functional, but a bit fugly. I like the idea, but as the days wear on, I am beginning to really care how my guns look. I have come a long way from my etape wrapped xbow.
I may do this with my pistol splat, which I got at Value Village (thrift store) for a buck.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#14 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

Is pistol splat the fake paintball gun? I believe I saw one at target. Are they any good?

#15 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

Assuming you're using a SINGLE couplered barrel (see "shooting yourself in the face," above), I could actually see this being a useful option, assuming you place it carefully, so as to not ruin the main gun's balance, and assuming the integrated gun was very small (SSPB should be about right). I'll have to try this...
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#16 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

I like it, but I can't look at the picture for 5 seconds with out laughing. First your weird smile behind you NF and now this?
GAAAHHH!

Anyway, good idea. I think it would be even better if you could figure out a way to make both the main gun and the integration fire with the same barrel, using a switch to move the air tank of the integrated gun into the main barrel. I've got a few ideas, might post them if I can get my paint program working.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#17 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

Hokay.

#18 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

If the guns' trigger systems were integrated, it would interfere with using the couplered barrel to reload the primary, would it not?
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#19 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

Oh, I know, maybe you could have a "breech" system, but instead of putting in a dart, you could put in a SSPB. That would be really hard to make though. :D
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#20 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

Oh, I know, maybe you could have a "breech" system, but instead of putting in a dart, you could put in a SSPB. That would be really hard to make though. :D

So your gun would fire another gun? Im not sure why this would do anything other then make you look like a cunt at any war. "Look at me! My gun can fire... ANOTHER GUN!!!" Im sorry, but the only people who could pull it off as a good idea as Slug, Angel or Hilt's friend with the SAmus arm cannon...

or me.... as a joke.... because I do stupid shit like that.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#21 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

No! The main barrel would act as a barrel for the SSPB when you slid it in. You wouldn't shoot the sspb out of the barrel. Though that, itself, would be sweet.
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#22 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hokay.

:D

Don't be a post whore. My views on the barrel gun integration is, How are you going to be sure the gun is in the same place every time? The beauty of a coupler is that it goes in at any rotation (for lack of a better word). If your used to your gun being somewhere, and it change through out a war, your going to be shot fumbling around, or just that split second of thinking. This does not seem like a useful idea for a war. I'd stick with tactical rail setups, and velcro.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#23 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

How the fuck did a retarded topic about integrating an SSPB onto a breech get into a fucking debate about guns firing off other guns?! TELL ME HOW!

#24 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

Is pistol splat the fake paintball gun? I believe I saw one at target. Are they any good?

Yes, it is. I was interested so I loaded a stefan into it, and it shot it 50ft stock. Potential? I think so. I will do this on it though, because it needs a long barrel to work well.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#25 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

Yes, it is. I was interested so I loaded a stefan into it, and it shot it 50ft stock. Potential? I think so. I will do this on it though, because it needs a long barrel to work well.

Interesting, I may think about picking up one of these.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users