Photo

Nerf Dart Modification For Every Dart And Gun!

12 replies to this topic

#1 fearmydart

fearmydart

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hey there!

This is my first mod and it's a dart mod.

Let's get started shall we?

Materials: hot glue gun, airsoft bb, and a dart with the intention of destroying it.

Ok first take whatever dart it is and rip the head off.

Then take your hot glue gun and make a bed of hot glue at the top.

After that dries insert bb and cover with hot glue.

MAKE SURE IT DRIES UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR GUN FULL OF HOT GLUE AND BB'S!!!!!

After that dries insert in you favorite gun and notice the improved accuracy, range, and pain.

Well there's the mod and i hope you enjoy your improved darts.

Sorry no pics.

:P

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, those are called converted dart tag stefans or just converted stefans.
They aren't new.
Welcome to Nerfhaven though.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

I was looking through past modification threads and this pops up every few months. But nice job any way, and a lot of people call them half stefans by the way.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#4 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

The 80s called, they want their mod back.

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:39 PM

I find it odd that so many separate people can come up with this idea, yet it never crossed my mind. I think it's because I realize that nerf darts cost about 20 times as much as a stefan, and I have already heard of stefans.
Teehee.

#6 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

Christ, its like some horrible copypasta that comes up about once a month or so. It's been done, and others without knowledge of the mod even existing.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#7 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

I find it odd that so many separate people can come up with this idea, yet it never crossed my mind. I think it's because I realize that nerf darts cost about 20 times as much as a stefan, and I have already heard of stefans.

No split, it's because you're not retarded and can read.
Go FUCK yourself!

#8 TGfeo

TGfeo

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

Since I don't posses the materials to make real stefs, I make half stefans, like you. But I do it differently.

1. Rip head off dart

2. Put some orthadontic wax down

3. Put 1 or 2 Airsoft BBs in (real BBs work better)

4. Seal with more wax

And I'm done. Thing is, mine always start fishtailing after about 60ft, and the get shredded easily.

#9 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

Where could I get this without going to dental school? And how durable is it ?
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#10 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

You can most easily get orthodontic wax if you have braces. Make friends with people that have braces and get some from them.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#11 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

Since I don't posses the materials to make real stefs, I make half stefans, like you. But I do it differently.

1. Rip head off dart

3. Put 1 or 2 Airsoft BBs in (real BBs work better)

4. Seal with more wax

And I'm done. Thing is, mine always start fishtailing after about 60ft, and the get shredded easily.

Sorry, but that's stupid as shit. I have braces, and I have a few packs of orthodontic wax. It's bendy as shit, hard to get in mass quantities, and there is no way in hell that it sticks to foam.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#12 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

I don't think it's the result of not having stefans necessarily, as it is a need for a dart that's nearly identical to stock darts, without the properties of stock darts.

For example, I'd been using stefans for a long time, but in early 2005, I randomly stuck an N-Strike stock dart into a piece of 17/32" brass I had lying around, and it fit perfectly. Orgasmically so.

Now that was at a time when 9/16" brass was king for barrels. I decided to go out on a limb and 17/32" my crossbow, with nested 1/2" brass at the back. It was REALLY small for the time (heck...it still is) and I wasn't sure if it was going to work out, but I figured I'd have a better shot at consistently well-fitting darts if my foam was all manufactured at my desired diameter, rather than having to stretch it and getting inconsistencies.

Unfortunately, the first run of the N-Strike line ended soon after, so I didn't have a source of those stock darts to "convert" as everyone calls it now. But then the dart tag line came out, and half of the new N-Strike guns use those same darts (or, at least the same foam) so I had a constant supply of perfectly fit foam for my smallbore barrels.

In more recent years, CDTS's (don't know who coined that term), or the act of making stefans out of stock darts in general, became popular because it was the easiest way to make a Longshot clip stefan-compatible. Remove the restrictors, and you're ready to go because what the gun is designed to shoot, you've only slightly redesigned. I can see with the emergence of the longshot AMPLE reason for tons of people to want to make stefans that they could fire, so it only makes logical sense.

I still stand behind my original darts because I've found incredible results with them. First of all, they practically find themselves during dart sweeps between rounds and at the end of the day. Bright orange; doesn't get any better, really. Then, there's their sheer density. They're rock solid, and last a LONG time. Lastly, when I'm making them, I don't have to be quite so careful with my glue gun. There's no need to melt a hole for my weights, because the factory has already made it for me, and it is PERFECTLY CENTERED, EVERY TIME. That has flight consistency written all over it. From dart to dart, there is little variation in how they fly, which typically results in hitting what you're shooting at.

Wow, I think I wrote way too much...I'll stop there. I guess it goes without saying that I kinda like 'em.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#13 fearmydart

fearmydart

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

Ok people i get the idea it's been done, but I'm sorry i don't browse the forums to see if its been done, so yet again I'm sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users