Photo

Rapid Fire Rifle Video

3 replies to this topic

#1 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

Here's my Rapid Fire Rifle with a barrel minimization and paint job.

Posted Image

See video of the gun - Rapid Fire Rifle

I have drilled out the air restrictors so far. It gets 30 ft. flat, but I want more range. From my reading I have learned that replacing the spring usually breaks the catch, and if the spring does work there is little improvement. If anyone has replaced the spring with good results, or has a picture of how your gun is reinforced, please post.

Thanks.

Edited by autonerf, 24 April 2009 - 11:09 PM.

#2 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

How did my topic on how to repair/reinforce plastic not get more attention? I swear, I see more of these every day.

I fixed a RFR catch in that topic. The picture is towards the bottom.

With catches, the place under the most stress is going to be the shaft beside the "hook" part of the catch.

-Drill holes slightly wider than the width of an industrial staple.
-Put a staple in the holes and bend down the sides
-put some form of adhesive in the holes and under the staple to make it solid

To keep it from bending back, I bent a piece of metal and glued it behind the catch.

Oh, and that's a pretty sweet paint job.

Edited by BlackFox, 06 September 2008 - 10:30 AM.

"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#3 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, it looks like a good way to fix something already broken, but I don't know if I want to drill holes in a catch that is still in one piece. Does anyone have an opinion on what spring works the best to improve the range?

#4 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

Thanks, it looks like a good way to fix something already broken, but I don't know if I want to drill holes in a catch that is still in one piece. Does anyone have an opinion on what spring works the best to improve the range?

I understand your hesitation. Trust me on this one though, if you want to put a stronger spring in there, the catch will need reinforcement. I put four staples in my new LS bolt sled for reinforcement. But if you don't want to drill holes in it like I did, try glueing thin pieces of sheet metal into the grooves in the cross-section of the catch. That sounds a little confusing... I'm talking about right in this groove.

Posted Image

I broke it more than a year ago by sticking an ACE 49 spring- the same one used in NF spring replacements. That spring is WAAAAAY too powerful for this gun. Learn from my mistake and don't go overboard.

I'm experimenting with adding a first shot spring to the stock spring. The first shot spring is slightly stiffer than the NF stock spring if memory serves me right. But then again, it's been about a month since I last opened that gun.

Edited by BlackFox, 06 September 2008 - 10:50 PM.

"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users