My Petg Breech

Write-up to come

10 replies to this topic

#1 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:52 PM

I apologize for the bad picture quality, but I lost my camera and am taking pictures with my camcorder.

Posted Image

It creates a good seal by having this brass piece in the back. It's made out of 1/2" brass with e-tape around it to make a nice secure seal when the barrel in moved over it.

Posted Image

The barrel is completely removable at the moment, but can easily be secured inside the breech by glueing a piece onto the very end of the barrel (the part that is in the dart slot, so when you pull it out it stops at when the PVC begins).

I'll make a write-up eventually (my first one in a LONG time), once I perfect everything. It is pretty obvious though, let me know if you guys don't think you need one.

These are alot easier to make and alot cheaper than my brass breech's, so eventually I should be able to make alot more alot quicker for people to buy.

Questions? Comments?

-OfAll'

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 06 September 2008 - 05:55 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

You should check out the breech I put on my Mega Missile integration in the Overhaul. It's actually a regular slide breech with 5/8" brass as the cover, and 17/32" in the back of the Petg for a telescoping barrel effect, whereas with this, it's strictly Petg barrel. This also weighs a lot more I would think because of all of the pvc. Looks good though.
Ever have the problem of squeezing the barrel too tightly and denting it or crimping the end or something? I'd be worried about that while running around in a war reaching all the way to the front of the gun to reload.

Edited by Splitlip, 06 September 2008 - 05:59 PM.

Teehee.

#3 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

That's really neat. Operations are the same as the old one right? Does it get similar ranges in any given gun as your brass ones? Props on the good idea. Are these compatible with clips?

Edited by .Z4., 06 September 2008 - 06:01 PM.

Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

Split: I like your breech. I would do that on most of my guns, except I like my barrels being detachable and mainly use couplers (on all the guns I use frequently, atleast). This isn't all that heavy, as there is no real brass to speak of. I would say it's easily under half a pound, more like a third max. As for breaking the barrel, I don't think it would be very easy to do. Only if I had the very end of the barrel, and I was trying very hard. It would happen in a war situation atleast, since it doesn't take too much effort to slide the barrel out.

Z4: Thank you. Yeah, it acts the same as my brass one, except it doesn't have a barrel stop like I said, it would be easy to make one though. I get the same ranges if not better with the PETG barrel. Mainly because my darts are slightly too fat anyways, but I'll mainly use my brass breech's for springers.

Would anyone be interested in a write-up and/or buying some of these?

-OfAll'

#5 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

I think a write-up would be better, not because we hate you but then we can perfect the design. But if not how much cheaper would a PETG breech be compared to a brass breech?
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#6 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

Nice mod, Looks very airtight. Are you going to sell these along with your brass breechs?
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#7 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

I'd like to see a write-up; I could build something similar in form and function but wouldn't mind some clarification on the finer points. I personally wouldn't be able to buy one, but I'd say you could make a few bucks selling them as well.
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#8 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

Meh, I don't think it needs a write up, the breech opening is pretty standard, and there only a few things I'll like clarification on;

What size PVC did you use? Was it thinwalled or standard? Where did you get your PETG? Is it Thick, Medium, or Thin Wall?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#9 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

Rogue: Okay, I'll do that. If I sold them they'd probably be $9 nstead of $20 shipped. $8 with anything else, or with multiples or something.

Ice: Yeah, I will. I'm going to have to figure out prices though-- I want them to be cheap enough for people to buy for convienience so they don't just make their own. What would you guys buy them at?

Z4: I'll make a writeup.

Galaxy: Yeah I didn't think so either. I used standard 1/2" PVC, the stuff I normally use in breechs andOMC Thick-walled PETG.

Thanks everyone, let me know about prices!

-OfAll'

#10 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:52 AM

The prices are fair. A write-up wouldn't affect your sales because most of the people buying these will be too lazy to buy PETG and make their own.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#11 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

It doesn't have to be too detailed, I just wanted to know a few things about how many layers of e-tape that is and the questions that Galaxy asked.
Z4 of the NIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users