Longshot Scope Bayonet

Lightsaber

18 replies to this topic

#1 Zigmond

Zigmond

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hi Everyone. This is my first post and my first non-standard Modification. Basically what i did is take a spare Longshot scope and turn it into a Lightsaber Bayonet.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I first cut the yellow ends off a Longshot scope
Posted Image

I then cut the bottom off a toy Lightsaber i had. This was from the build your own Lightsaber kits. I did this because I could screw open the bottom to add a Maglight later.
Posted Image

I then trimmed all the excess parts away from the inside of both and smoothed down the inside. I also used Amazing Goop to glue the lightsaber end to the Longshot scope.
Posted Image

In this step I combined a part of the lightsaber blade, the big yellow cap from the first step, and the scope as illustrated in the next picture. I removes the extra blue from inside the big scope and used the goop again toglue everything together.
Posted Image

I then unscrewed the cap from the bottom and fed the rest of the lightsaber into the bottom of the scope. I had to trim the 3 extending parts of the saber a bit to make it fit a bit but since the blades overlap when extended it didn't shorten the 3 parts in the end.
Posted Image

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

That is a very interesting idea and would be fun to play with. Nice job.

#3 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

Good job; you took something that is purely cosmetic and turned it into an attachable melee weapon. I'm just curious, do you have to wave it as before to extend the blade, then attach it to the gun?
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#4 Zigmond

Zigmond

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

I'm just curious, do you have to wave it as before to extend the blade, then attach it to the gun?

Unfortunately yes but I believe that if you could deliver a shot blast of air into the bottom of the blade that it would extend the blade fully. That, however, it way out of my capabilities.

Edited by Zigmond, 06 September 2008 - 12:24 PM.

#5 Darth Gram Gram

Darth Gram Gram

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

Well.. it's interesting..
although most melee weapons are banned at a majority of wars. It is ingenuitive, I will give you that.

A Titan air tank (even though there are many other [and better] uses for it) should do the trick.

Edited by Darth Gram Gram, 06 September 2008 - 12:35 PM.

QUOTE(Brunta @ Aug 21, 07:52 PM)
I'm actually really excited about these. These may be small but I think they will be very useful when I use my ninja skills.

#6 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

Well.. it's interesting..
although most melee weapons are banned at a majority of wars. It is ingenuitive, I will give you that.

A Titan air tank (even though there are many other [and better] uses for it) should do the trick.

Well this "melee" weapon is not a melee weapon at all. Its just an extension of a barrel tap. That being said I think that this could be used in major wars.

Edited by Flantre, 06 September 2008 - 01:23 PM.

#7 fly rev-8

fly rev-8

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

well it's a good mod, took some time i see. one thing i suggest is to put the rail on the gun backwards so the bayonete doesn't slide off. though i have nothing against this mod i don't think you'll run into any jedi's. kinda beats part of the poupose of modding with the eception of the fun factor.

#8 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

Ha ha that's a fun idea you got there. Probably not something feasible for a war but fun to play around with with friends or in free time definitely!

#9 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

I like to see write ups for first posts and I commend you for that and I do think there's some use for an extended barrel tap-out, but the whole concept seems a little flawed to me.

First of all; please resize your pictures. Right now I have to scroll way to the right to read everything. I use 640x480 and it fits perfectly.

second, tap-outs are huge points of controversy in nerf. Case in point, I tapped a friend in the back and as he was getting tapped out, he turned and hit me with the gun and shouted "TAP!". It was rediculous, but it still counted and we were both out.

Also, don't try to air-blast the blade out. It would take a huge amount of air power (Someone suggested a titan? Probably not far off...) It'll be more work than it'll be worth.

But anyway, keep up the good work!

Edited by BlackFox, 06 September 2008 - 02:49 PM.

"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#10 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

That is pretty cool...but there is a lightsaber that actually shoots out...

but if use a ram rod idea that is spring loaded like a pinball idea...

offtopic: I LOVE HOW YOU PUT A CANADIAN PARA-TEAM IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#11 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

What I like is that, like most real bayonets, it can be removed from the weapon at will. This allows it to be used seperately as well as on the gun. (soem bayonets can be removed from a gun and used like a knife.) It also means that it can be left off of the gun if it is disallowed at a war, meaning only his bayonet, and not his gun, will be useless if it isn't allowed.

Not to mention, it leaves him open to the possibility of shouting "FIX BAYONETS!" before sliding it on and rushing forward. :D

Edited by Ambience 327, 08 September 2008 - 10:15 AM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#12 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:16 PM

This is a great, fun mod, and I can see a lot of work went in to it, and the write-up guide. Good job. Only one thing to say about this; please resize your pictures. I hate sidescrolling, and for some people's computers, like mine, it takes a long time to load them.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#13 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:36 PM

Like K9 said try this.

It says it won an award. What the hell?
Anyway good mod, looks like a lot of fun to mess with. With a spring loaded one you could probably jab some one with it. Now THAT would scare the crap out of my cat. My vulcan just isn't working. :D

Welcome to the 'haven,

Nova
I need a life..

#14 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

The spring loaded ones wouldn't work for this. You could make your own spring loaded one, but the one you linked to wouldn't work at all. The blade doesn't go inside the hilt all the way. Even when the blade is fully closed, it still sticks out about 9-10".
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#15 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Not to start an argumant but i did some researching on the internet and youtube and found that its a brand new toy, and it does collapse entirely into the hilt. It's called the "Force Action Lightsaber" It does seem larger than the one that he uses but who knows? I feel like im carrying out a hollow idea. It could be fun. I'll just stop talking now.

Nova
I need a life..

#16 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

Didn't you already post that? Or were you being sarcastic?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#17 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

Yes i did post that, i was just clearing up that i was thinking of the new spring loaded lightsaber. Not the dumb old one that, as slowguitarman said, sticks out about 8 inches.

Sorry for the confusion,

Nova
I need a life..

#18 Zigmond

Zigmond

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:11 AM

Not to start an argumant but i did some researching on the internet and youtube and found that its a brand new toy, and it does collapse entirely into the hilt. It's called the "Force Action Lightsaber" It does seem larger than the one that he uses but who knows? I feel like im carrying out a hollow idea. It could be fun. I'll just stop talking now.

Nova

All the lightsabers I saw have 4 sections to extend. The one closest to the handle could not fint inside as it is too wide. Also the blades on the 3 other sections had to be shortned to fit inside witout sticking out. Each blade section overlaps the other so i could take a bit off each one.

#19 R3unbreakable

R3unbreakable

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

Or you could have just glued the Grey Piece that attaches to the rail on the scope onto the lightsaber and saved yourself a LOT of time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users