Photo

Possible Source Of Brass

For those of you out there that can't seem to find it.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:43 AM

So I was really bored and decided to try and find a new source of brass online. The good news is that I think I did manage to find one although I have not tried to order anything off of it yet.

http://www.idealtrue...es?sfs=54d02b1a

It is not as nice as Mcmaster Carr but they do seem to carry several sizes of brass. The price with shipping is a little high if you are just ordering a few feet but if you wanted to buy a large amount of it (let's face it I know I would use a large amount of it) then it not so bad.

Just thought I would share what I found and perhaps someone else can tells us if this company is reputable or not.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#2 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

www.towerhobby.com has K&S brass, they've worked out well for me.

True Value hardware is a good place to go shop, I have no idea what their online store is like though.

Edited by hereticorp, 04 September 2008 - 06:08 AM.

#3 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:59 AM

Here is the 1/2" brass for hereticorp's site. I couldn't find any brass on truevalue other than pipe fittings.

Also hereticorp, have you ever tried that brass with FA's foam? or if you own calipers, can you measure the ID?

Edited by bobafan, 04 September 2008 - 10:02 AM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#4 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

Here is the 1/2" brass for hereticorp's site. I couldn't find any brass on truevalue other than pipe fittings.

Also hereticorp, have you ever tried that brass with FA's foam? or if you own calipers, can you measure the ID?

Their 1/2" brass does not fit my FBR. The FBR is way too big. I don't have FA's FBR, I ordered my own from www.bestmaterials.com

The 9/16" fits loosely, works perfectly with tightening rings like FA24 has in his Angel Breech though.

The 17/32" would probably work well with FA foam, but that's a complete guess on my part.

#5 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:28 PM

Wow. Tower Hobbies' brass is really overpriced, and you have to buy too much in order to get any. I haven't got to order any yet, but this place has the best prices of any I have looked at so far. Ranging from $2 for 1/2" to $2.45 for 9/32". Shipping is pretty steep at $8 for any order under $100, but that price isn't bad if you are ordering a good bit of brass. Either way, I could get enough brass for two angel breeches for $20, as opposed to $46 (although, you'd have enough of everything other than 9/16" to make like 6 more).
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#6 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:31 PM

damn those are pretty damn good prices for brass. About 1/2 what you will find it at True val. even with the 8 bucks shipping its still not a bad deal. Like you said you just have to order the right amount. I know where I will order from when I want to stock up.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users