Now, you read the title and must be thinking "what happened to Mk. I-III?"
Those were a series of upgrades and/or times when something broke and needed to be replaced/repaired.
Now, as many modders can imagine, after something breaks it can be very, very frustrating.
Thats why i decided to to a complete overhaul of the gun, along with a few additions that would make it an overall better gun.
Did basic mods (AR's out early on when i first got the gun).
For the spring replacement i took a small cut (not too thin, or it'll snap) of CPVC and used various tools (dremel, xacto knife, rounded file) to make it into a squarish shape for it to fit onto the plunger rod. Then just slide on the NF (or other) spring.
I tested this out, and it turns out I got the plunger tube so lubed up that the NF spring slipped over the CPVC and got entangled with the BBB spring. I then took the cap of a Powerade bottle and cut in into similar dimensions of the CPVC (not pictured) and put that inbetween the CPVC and the NF spring. Worked wonderfully from there on.
I've been through at least 3 different barrel/coupler mods. All of which have been failures or have been upgraded.
I completely cut off the orange barrel, and dremeled it out to fit a 3/4" PVC coupler which i cut just past the little notch in the center of it.
One of these: http://rayssupplycom...arson_v-103.jpg
I pushed it through the hole so that the center "notch" on the outside (as i'll call it) was against the wall of the orange piece.
Then goop'd it.
Then I put on a 3/4" PVC adapter that has the "female" part of the screw onto the other coupler, allowing just enough space inbetween them for the case to fit on. Then i wrapped 1-2 layers of E-tape around the space between them to stabilize the barrel.
Goop'd it in place too.
The plunger head was pressing against the PVC coupler that was first goop'd down, so i had to cut a small bit of it off to keep from bashing the thing off.
Part One is finished!
Now for the ATsK integration. Let it be known that ForsakenAngel24's BBB mod the "Angel Bow" was the main inspiration for this mod. I've never seen this done before, but if anyone has please let me know.
I took apart my AT2K from this mod ( http://nerfhaven.com...c=12926&hl=AT2K ) and set it next to my opened BBB.
I took the front two pieces of the BBB (where the front handle is) and started emptying out all the little notches in the top part where the purple rod slides when the gun is cocked. To make way for the AT2K pump.
Make sure it fits well when the shell is closed.
You need to measure how the pump handle will be when the gun is closed and in the cocked position. Cut the purple rod enough so that the pump is completely closed when the BB is closed, in other words.
I cut the end of the pump handle (without the handle) so that it'd fit in the hole where the purple rod used to be.
I drilled holes through what was left of the purple rod horizontally so i could fit a piece of coat hanger through the holes to keep the pump attached.
That old yellow vynal tubing has to go. Get yourself about 3 ft. of 1/8" OD 1/4" ID vynal tubing from a hardware store. Squeeze it onto the pump nozzle after you've cut off the old yellow tubing.
Take off the goo gauge of the AT2K internals and cut the new vynal tubing so that you can squeeze it into the air tank. Find a way that it fits snuggly so you'll know how when its time to really connect it.
Edited by Norther_of_Heaven, 03 September 2008 - 11:40 PM.