Electronice Gun?

Has anyone made one?

8 replies to this topic

#1 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 12:09 PM

Ok, the other night I was thinking if anyone had made an electronic gun. I started thinking how could you do this? Then I got an idea. My idea was kind of an electronic spring gun. You could take a motor, and make it pull back the plunger then you fire. And it does it again, again, ect. But i still can't figure out how it would pull it back real fast, so that the gun could be almost automatic. If you could give me some ideas.
"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#2 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 12:49 PM

Most hobby shops will sell these pistons that could work for what your trying to do.
facebook.com/gregdp

#3 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 12:55 PM

Thanks a lot Ninja Bob. But do you think that you could make it semi-auto some how?

#4 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:17 PM

Well, what you would do is at one end of the plunger, you'd have a magnet, and then farther back you'd have an electromagnet. When you pulled the trigger, the magnet pulls back the plunger, and when you let go, it lets go of the plunger.

#5 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:00 PM

Thats a great idea texmustache. You could then creat some clip system or some system like the chainblazer and make it basically automatic. I think I or anyone could make a great using an electromagnet. If you do use this system please contact me and show me the plans or how it works at cs_sd_clan@hotmail.com.

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:19 PM

I'd hate to tell you, but that won't work. To create the current you need to power any type of electromagnet more than an inch, you will need a power supply. Not batteries, a 9V will not create the current you need to pull back anything past a nail. Now even worse is that your creating resistance against the pull with the spring. Therefore your going to need mundo voltage. Probably to do what your talking with lets say a 2 lbs resistance (which is way to low) you'll probably need about 50V with an output of about 100 ohms. These are just estimates and what I can figure in my head. But figure that a 9V puts out 4 ohms, your in trouble. I am a network engineering student and we have to take an ass load of electrical engineering classes. I used these skills I've learned to build a gun I once called stalin. It had a 1500 and a 2k attached to it, and I had two solenoids (not the valves, but rather an electronic item with a lateral pull, exactly what Tex was talking aobut) attached to the firing pins and a 12V power supply that put out 50 ohms. It was just barely enough and this gun weighed almost 50 lbs. Needless to say, I needed huge solenoids and a 12v power supply is massive. I never even hooked the pumps up to the guns. The soleniods pulled and technically it worked, but it was just too heavy. I urge you to prove me wrong, I'd like to see it, but your just not going to be able to draw enough current without weighing the gun down.

Now to help you. If you go with Tex's idea, it's going to take a little more reasources then you know. First off you need to know how many pounds of preasure the solenoid has to pull, then you need to know what kind of actuation time your working with, and then how to build it. Good luck.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#7 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:31 PM

I'm working on designs for a PRACTICAl plunger system that's actually powered by same pole electromagnets. No need for solenoids (nor springs, exact perhaps as a recocking mechanism). Gonna make a shrt-range, quick-firing, most-likely-indoor weapon.
Tis' also gonna be on me website soon. Geez, how does one get himself to actually COMPILE all his content? I really need to get ON my butt and type it up.
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#8 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:26 PM

What is your website Ares?

#9 Dan Cromer

Dan Cromer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:04 PM

Congratualtions guys, you've just re-conceptualized airsoft.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users