Anyone Ever Return A Defected Blaster?

Hmmmm....

17 replies to this topic

#1 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

I wonder if any one has returned a defective nerf gun back to TRU? If so what the hell did you have to do?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#2 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

I wonder if any one has returned a defective nerf gun back to TRU? If so what the hell did you have to do?

I've never returned a defective blaster to a store...but I did return a broken wildfire to hasbro back in the day... had to mail it after sending in a formal letter of complaint...which was pretty cool thing to do when I was a kid.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#3 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

I have, it was two Hornets that had defective triggers. As long as you have the receipt they'll give you cash back in full. They didn't even open the boxes to check the insides, which i thought was weird.

trans as shit because fuck you

#4 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

Most stores will usually return anything if you tell them it didn't work out of the box. When I was a little kid, I got a DBZ action figure, opened it, snapped the arm off and returned it within an hour. My friend just bought a Unity Power System from the TRU and the pump doesn't work. He can't return it though because the store is moving to another location and the won't take anything back from before the move.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#5 PirateShow

PirateShow

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

My RF20 just plain didn't work- it felt like the trigger wasn't properly engaged to the shooty gubbins inside. Returning it for a functional one took all of five minutes with no hassle at all.
Biff! Pow! Whammo!

#6 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

I tried to return a broke RF20 wounce but i couldn't for some reason something having to do with the return date on the reset.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#7 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

Sweet Alright, I am going to throw mine right back. That just pisses me off I had never had a defect Guess luck ran out.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#8 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

I've never returned a defective blaster to a store...but I did return a broken wildfire to hasbro back in the day... had to mail it after sending in a formal letter of complaint...which was pretty cool thing to do when I was a kid.

I did the EXACT same thing, except mine was a manta ray... TWICE. I broke the cocking handle twice, and both times I wrote a letter, sent it back in and they sent me a new one. I was a wee little lad back then, but hell yeah it was awesome.

#9 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

I had to make a return to tru last winter they had to put it on a gift card since my grandma paid with her credit card.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#10 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

Oddly enough, I enjoy getting defective springers, as there's more to tinker with, not so with airpressure guns as leaks and stuff really piss me off.
It makes the world go round.

#11 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

I don't think I've ever returned a nerf blaster to a store. I buy most of my guns at thrift stores, so I usually test them out and even if there is a problem I either won't buy it, or just get it anyway. I did return an arctic shock super soaker once, to goodwill. It pumped water directly out the barrel. I can see why they gave it to goodwill to begin with. I almost returned a Spy Gear Signal Launcher, but it was like 5 bucks and I thought I could maybe fix it, I didn't though. It leaked out of the barrel.

#12 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

Anyone Ever Return A Defected Blaster?

Yes. Stupid fucking Magstrikes. Their quality conrtrol is terrible.

I bought 3 and 2 were broken right out of the box.

Of the broken ones, I returned one and scrapped the other.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#13 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, like others have said, if you have the receipt, you shouldn't have a problem. If for some reason TRU won't take it back, take it to wal mart. Wal Mart will take back anything. You will get it on a gift card if you don't have a receipt, but that's no big deal if you just want a new blaster.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#14 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

I returned/exchanged 2 magstrikes, 1 titan and a RF20

#15 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:29 PM

I modded a maverick, it broke, and I returned it to Target. Bet someone shit bricks when they took a closer look at it.

#16 sidamazo

sidamazo

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:39 AM

I returned a defective magstrike to a store, and got a new one. That one has leaks now too. What the hell is that about?!?!?! Of course I'm trying to fix it but still, what the hell. Stupid friking air-leaks.

#17 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:32 AM

I once returned a 5 year old, broken ballzooka to Toys R Us. They took it like a philipino hooker.

Only...I didn't pay them..........I'm beginning to think this is a flawed simile.

VACC

#18 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

My magstrike was defective. I noticed it only when I opened the box. The part that holds the green tooth that advances the clip during firing was bent and warped a little. I chose not to return it because I didn't have the receipt and wasn't in the mood for fighting with Wal-Mart about it, and also because it didn't seem to affect the function of the gun at all, which would have seriously weakened any attempts to return it as defective.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users