Photo

What Kind Of Stephan?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

Hey guys, sorry if some people think this is really dumb. Ok, so I just started making stephans a little while ago and have tested them on myself. I am using unpadded tack stephans and my friends and I think they are very painful and take the fun out of the game. So my question is, what kind of stephan could I use that wouldn't be a whole lot more painful than stock darts and can be padded? Another thing I was wondering about is, can I use stephans for my BBB in my other guns (like my mavericks and NFs?)
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#2 123caviler

123caviler

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

Well, you could make captain slug style darts. They aren't that painful. I'll give you a link if you need one. Also, they would only work if in your bbb if it was modded to shoot darts.
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

O YEAH!
Mr.Kool_Aid,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. blah blah blah

OMC is fucking god.

#3 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

Well, you could make captain slug style darts. They aren't that painful. I'll give you a link if you need one. Also, they would only work if in your bbb if it was modded to shoot darts.

I second that. Use CS darts.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#4 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

Thank you, I have no idea what captain slug darts are so a like would be helpful. Would they be much more painful than a tagger dart?

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#5 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

They will be more painful that stock taggers because they will shoot much faster and farther than them. How to make CS darts.
And Stefans will work in every gun as long as the pegs are removed.

#6 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

They will be more painful that stock taggers because they will shoot much faster and farther than them. How to make CS darts.

Is there any way to pad them with FBR to make them hurt less. It's not like we can't take getting hit with the stephan, we just don't know if the extra range and the ability to mass produce them is worth taking away the aspect of no pain.

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

Is there any way to pad them with FBR to make them hurt less. It's not like we can't take getting hit with the stephan, we just don't know if the extra range and the ability to mass produce them is worth taking away the aspect of no pain.

As Langley said, they only hurt more because they perform better. They don't hurt nearly as much as glue-tipped stefans.

A few people here have had luck padding the tips with FBR, but it's hard make them stable. The few I've tried to make performed very poorly.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#8 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

Matchstick stefans might be a good thing to try too. The creator himself says they don't hurt as badly as regular stefans. I strongly second CaptainSlug style though, they're very consistent.
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#9 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

On using the same stefans for a BBB and a maverick, if you're planning on using your darts in both very strong and relatively weak blasters, then CaptainSlug's darts are the best bet.

If you use conventional stefans (bbb/weight + hotglue dome) you need to have heavier weights to utilize the full power of the stronger blasters and lighter weights to get maximum range out of the weaker blasters.

#10 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

As Langley said,

Actually thats retiate. He has the same avatar as langley though.

*on topic

Well, theres a point were it hurts too much and then you don't feel it at all. I would rather feel it than have people think I'm a jerk because I don't feel when they shoot me.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

If you'd used the search function at all you'd find several topics, including a pinned one, regarding dartsmithing that would answer all your dart construction questions. Search before you start a new topic.

#12 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

Ok guys, I think I'm going to go with CS darts. I can probably get the materials this weekend. VACC, I'm sorry that I didn't search. I will remember this in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users