Show your gadgets

28 replies to this topic

#26 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

Am I the only person left in the world that wants their phone to just be a phone?
I have a crappy Nokia 1100, and the calculator, text messaging, and LED flashlight are the only extra features it has aside from being a phone.

I'm perfectly fine with having a device that does one thing, and does it well. You end up with a much more affordable device with greater battery life.

That's it in a nutshell.

My phone does three things well.

It answers phone calls.

It makes phone calls.

It resists harsh weather, falls from 35 feet up (two story building roof), gets sprayed regularly (and survived a drop into a swimming pool), and has served me well for six years.

Posted Image

Nextel i305.

I have NEXTEL after all of these years only because the reception where I live is superior to all the other carriers in my part of Hawaii (small outer island). But when I move back to metropolitan Honolulu next year my company may switch me back to AT&T, where I'll probably be assigned an iPhone. NOT looking forward to that.

I don't like gadgety devices because the tendency for something to fail and cause the whole device to be hung up is so much greater. I may change my mind as time progresses but I've done just fine with a plain phone and my wits.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#27 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

Agreed with Piney and CS. I have a virgin mobile phone, this one:
Posted Image
I toss that thing around all the time. One of my friends flipped out at me because I threw it about 15 ft onto the grass next to my backpack, but I knew it would be fine. Plus, I don't use it that much, so it only ends up costing me about $7 a month for service. I love it soo much.

#28 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

I don't like gadgety devices

Calm down Grandpa. We'll just turn the radio on so you can listen to your "stories".

VACC

#29 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

I have a Chocolate.

Posted Image

Plays MP3s, makes calls, text messages.

Thats about it. Its all good, and it works. Good battery life and everything.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users