GMD

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

I am tryin to mod my hornet and can not get it open
I got all the screws out and the one behind the cocking handle
and it wont open i need help soon pleese post

pleese do not boot me i searcked for 1/2 an hour trying to find it

Edited by GMD, 01 September 2008 - 06:23 PM.

oh ya i have the medical condition dysgraphia and that means i have bad spelling and grammar and cant help it so please dont juge me, i try my best

#2 PirateShow

PirateShow

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

Check again that you haven't missed a screw- I've had that last one elude me for hours.

I've never opened a Longshot, but several other blasters have irritated me with post/hole connectors between halves of the shell that were actually glued in place- I believe I found this in a Firefly and a Hornet. I've solved it both times by slipping the blade of a thin jeweler's saw in between halves of the shell, and carefully slicing the post right off.
Biff! Pow! Whammo!

#3 GMD

GMD

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

sorry i said long shot and ment hornet

p.s. the part that is stuck is in more of the front by the barals and the big circle button
oh ya i have the medical condition dysgraphia and that means i have bad spelling and grammar and cant help it so please dont juge me, i try my best

#4 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

I think theres a screw under where you have to push forward.

#5 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

I am tryin to mod my hornet and can not get it open
I got all the screws out and the one behind the cocking handle
and it wont open i need help soon pleese post

pleese do not boot me i searcked for 1/2 an hour trying to find it

Ok, I am trying not to flame you for your horrible grammar and spelling skills, so please read this.
Please in the future use correct spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. Or you will probably get banned.
I saw a canadian kid who had dylexia on here a while ago and got banned on his second post. Tread lightly.

On topic, if you can't pull the screw out, just rip it apart. One screw that you cannot get out, does not matter.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 01 September 2008 - 06:36 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#6 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

Hornet Mod

Considering the fact that you seem really new to this site, I would advise against modding the Hornet. Its one of the most temperamental blasters out there to get working successfully. I've had mine open and lying in the floor for about 4 months now.

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 01 September 2008 - 06:39 PM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#7 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

To get the Hornet open You need to take off the orange rubber part on the cocker.

EDIT- Soon to come Hornet airtank expansion
Posted Image

Edited by nat, 01 September 2008 - 07:00 PM.

If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#8 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

There's also a screw under the cocker. You can see it through one of the holes when you pull it forward. It took me twenty minutes of prying to figure that out. If you actually search, you will find a picture of said screw. It took me a couple times but it's there.

I'm not sure why you'd want to open it though. Unless you plan on doing something drastic, there's not much you can do inside a Hornet.

Edited by bartel, 01 September 2008 - 06:46 PM.

"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#9 GMD

GMD

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:21 PM

ok i got ALL the screws out but it seams the black plastic behind the barrals is glued or something

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

Ok I got ALL the screws out but it seems the black plastic behind the barrels is glued or something.

So pry it apart.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 02 September 2008 - 02:29 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users