?what!

wow

27 replies to this topic

#1 GMD

GMD

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

i typed in foam backer rod on google and on one of the first websites it was a pool sight and you could buy
775 ft. for $69.95 that is a lot of darts!!but it is probably not that high quality
oh ya i have the medical condition dysgraphia and that means i have bad spelling and grammar and cant help it so please dont juge me, i try my best

#2 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

So buy some and try it out. There was really no reason to post this because FBR is usually that cheap.
EDIT- I checked google typed foam backer rod. I found the pool shop and the foam you saw was 5/8 and can only be used for megas.

Edited by Llama Boy, 01 September 2008 - 12:54 PM.

Truce.

#3 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

Do you know what size it was?
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#4 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

i typed in foam backer rod on google and on one of the first websites it was a pool sight and you could buy
775 ft. for $69.95 that is a lot of darts!!but it is probably not that high quality

The price isn't really that good. It comes to about $0.09 per foot. Not bad but here is another one.

Log Home Store

For 800' it costs $58.80, making it 25' more for about $11 less. Granted, none of these prics listed here, both your and mine, include shipping, but that won't make much of a difference. In any case, Log Home Store's price per foot is $0.07 and though it is only 2 cents, it is a big difference in the long run. You can also buy 50' for $4 so you can try it out before you make a big purchase.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

There are many sources for foam in large quantities on the cheap. The main problem is the QUALITY of that foam. I am working to source a supply of very high quality extremely dense foam. I will have more on that when I nail it down.

More importantly, I want to address GMD here. I don't want to come off as an ogre here, but I'm having a hard time with this "dysgraphia" thing. Everything I've read about it always points toward hand-writing related things and that using a computer to compose thoughts and papers actually helps. The general substance of your posts is there, but I'm just not buying that a disease is keeping you from hitting the shift key once in a while or using the right punctuation. Please work on tightening up your posting. I will not ask again.

There are many sources for foam in large quantities on the cheap. The main problem is the QUALITY of that foam. I am working to source a supply of very high quality extremely dense foam. I will have more on that when I nail it down.

More importantly, I want to address GMD here. I don't want to come off as an ogre here, but I'm having a hard time with this "dysgraphia" thing. Everything I've read about it always points toward hand-writing related things and that using a computer to compose thoughts and papers actually helps. The general substance of your posts is there, but I'm just not buying that a disease is keeping you from hitting the shift key once in a while or using the right punctuation. Please work on tightening up your posting. I will not ask again.
I hate you.

#6 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:52 PM

GMD- Couldnt you pre make your posts in MS word and spell check them?
Truce.

#7 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:06 PM

just to settle this Wikipedia:

"Dysgraphia (or agraphia) is a deficiency in the ability to write, regardless of the ability to read, not due to intellectual impairment. People with dysgraphia often can write on some level, but often lack co-ordination, and may find other fine motor tasks such as tying shoes difficult. It often does not affect all fine motor skills. They can also lack basic spelling skills (having difficulties with p,q,b,d), and often will write the wrong word when trying to formulate thoughts (on paper). In childhood, the disorder generally emerges when they are first introduced to writing. They make inappropriately sized and spaced letters, or write wrong or misspelled words despite thorough instruction. Children with the disorder may have other learning disabilities; however, they usually have no social or other academic problems. Cases of dysgraphia in adults generally occur after some neurological trauma or it might be diagnosed in a person with Tourette syndrome, ADHD or an autism spectrum disorder such as Asperger's. The DSM IV identifies dysgraphia as a "Disorder of Written Expression" as "writing skills (that) ...are substantially below those expected given the person's ...age, measured intelligence, and age-appropriate education."

Read below posts, this GMD guy is just being lazy. Apparently Dysgraphia is all about handwriting, not about spelling or writing out one's thoughts and emotions.

Edited by Rogue Warrior, 01 September 2008 - 03:50 PM.

My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#8 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

Rogue Warrior go fuck yourself.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#9 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

That you DS, I couldn't have said it better myself. Did you even read the dribble you posted rogue? It says it is a deficiency with the ability to write, not type. I looked this up as well. Those that suffer from dysgraphia have no problems with spelling or putting their thoughts to print if they type them out. It is, in fact, the most recommended form of treatment for the disability.

On-topic, just wait for OMC to finalize his FBR deal. It iwill be worth it.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

Please, the extent of my "reading up" before you even posted was more than just one paragraph copied and pasted from Wikipedia, which I remind you anyone can edit. If I wanted to, I could go to Wikipedia right now and type in that a symptom of this "dysgraphia" is anal bleeding. It's true because it's on Wikipedia right? I think you get my point.

....Just in case you don't, DO NOT consult Wikipedia for major medical conditions.

Semi-related, disabilities are NOT free passes. I may be getting a little political here, but this is something I feel passionate about. At least in America, we coddle persons with disabilities WAY too much. It's one thing to put in a ramp so wheelchairs can get in and out of a building, but there are BLATANT abuses of the Americans with Disabilities Act going on out there. I'm not going to get into specifics. All I will say is that the very fact that the label Dis-ability exists recognizes that a person is NOT equal to another.

All that is to say, dysgraphic or not, we have a certain standard here. We have a right to hold all our members to such standards. If anyone is found to be lacking in those standards, we have the right to take action on it.
I hate you.

#11 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

Sorry guys, I guess that I totally mis-interpreted the information. GMD stop making execuses start making improvements. One Man Clan I will try to stray away from my use of wikipedia as a medical dictionary.

Edited by Rogue Warrior, 01 September 2008 - 03:49 PM.

My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#12 GMD

GMD

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

the fbr is 5/8 ''
i will buy some and try it out
oh ya i have the medical condition dysgraphia and that means i have bad spelling and grammar and cant help it so please dont juge me, i try my best

#13 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:41 PM

the fbr is 5/8 ''
i will buy some and try it out

the foam you saw was 5/8 and can only be used for megas.

Have fun making megas then.

Edited by Dr Rockzo, 01 September 2008 - 05:43 PM.

#14 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

Semi-related, disabilities are NOT free passes. I may be getting a little political here, but this is something I feel passionate about. At least in America, we coddle persons with disabilities WAY too much. It's one thing to put in a ramp so wheelchairs can get in and out of a building, but there are BLATANT abuses of the Americans with Disabilities Act going on out there. I'm not going to get into specifics. All I will say is that the very fact that the label Dis-ability exists recognizes that a person is NOT equal to another.

I couldn't agree more, OMC. I'm a type 1 diabetic (Type 1 meaning it came out of fucking nowhere, and is un-cure-able) and it will NEVER stop me from doing anything. I don't use it as an excuse to get out of shit, and I will never let it control me.

People with disabilities should never let their disabilities control them. They should just take care of themselves and take appropriate precautions, and strive to live as normal of a life as they possibly can. Hell, I could pass out or go into a coma at any time if I'm not careful. Do I let it stop me? Fuck no.

I am working to source a supply of very high quality extremely dense foam. I will have more on that when I nail it down.

Are you planning on buying a shitload of it to sell to us? (sorry if that was already painfully obvious) If it's better than LogHomeStore white FBR, you can definitely expect business from me.

Also, what color will it be? (if you don't know yet, ignore this idiot :( )

Edited by AssassinNF, 01 September 2008 - 05:47 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#15 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

I couldn't agree more, OMC. I'm a type 1 diabetic (Type 1 meaning it came out of fucking nowhere, and is un-cure-able) and it will NEVER stop me from doing anything. I don't use it as an excuse to get out of shit, and I will never let it control me.

People with disabilities should never let their disabilities control them. They should just take care of themselves and take appropriate precautions, and strive to live as normal of a life as they possibly can. Hell, I could pass out or go into a coma at any time if I'm not careful. Do I let it stop me? Fuck no.

I agree, I have exercice induced asthma which means that if I run for more than five minutes, my lungs start to fill up with flem. And I'm really a physically active person. I'm a very serious gymnast which requires me to work out 5 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week, the whole year. And I nerf, a lot, which requires me to run, which is the main thing that induces my asthma.

My advise to you, GMD, is to not let your disability get in the way of your activities, including this forum. I would take EXTREME care in writing out your posts and making sure every detail is correct. 'Cause if you don't, you will most likely get banned. And I'm sure you don't want that.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 02 September 2008 - 11:14 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#16 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:36 PM

I agree, I have exercice induced asthma which means that if I run for more than five minutes, my lungs start to fill up with flem. And I'm really a physically active person. I'm a very serious gymnast which requires my to work out 5 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week, the whole year. And I nerf, alot, which requires me to run, which is the main thing that aggrevates my lungs.

My advise to you, GMD, is to not let your disability get in the way of your activities, including this forum. I would take EXTREME care in writing out your posts and making sure every detail is correct. 'Cause if you don't, you will most likely get banned. And I'm sure you don't want that.

Lead by example, friend ... by example.

5 minor typos and misspellings in two paragraphs are no reason to be a dick. He used capitalization correctly, and the only real grammatical errors in his post were negligible. There is a difference between an accidental misspelling or typo and a completely unreadable post.

Renegade might want to check his spelling more carefully, but there was nothing really wrong with his post, and there is no reason to point out such minor errors.

#17 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

This thread has taken a nasty turn. Let's get back to FBR.

#18 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

LogHomeStore white FBR is great, but some negative feedback from a few members (in particular FA_24) leads me to believe that either their grey stuff is shit, or they have changed since I last bought foam from them.

I think the general concensus of this thread is to wait for OMC's FBR.

Edited by AssassinNF, 01 September 2008 - 09:11 PM.

#19 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

I posted my piece about disabilities so that you all could take it in and understand where I'm coming from. I didn't open the floor to violin players and "look-at-me's." Enough already. GMD is in INCREDIBLY thin ice. I'll be surprised if he lasts the rest of the week and that's only because with school starting tomorrow, I'm not sure how active I'll be on the boards for the first week.
I hate you.

#20 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

Ok, back to FBR. I just use the frost king stuff at fred myer, but since the last roll I got was definitely not 1/2 inch, I'm thinking about getting some higher grade stuff. However, the stuff I get from Fred myer and Ace works for me.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#21 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

I posted my piece about disabilities so that you all could take it in and understand where I'm coming from. I didn't open the floor to violin players and "look-at-me's." Enough already. GMD is in INCREDIBLY thin ice. I'll be surprised if he lasts the rest of the week and that's only because with school starting tomorrow, I'm not sure how active I'll be on the boards for the first week.

He's just so excited to be posting on his first nerf board.. I mean, I'm sure he's
Never really been able to clearly articulate his ideas but you're
Gonna give him a fighting chance, right?
Let him try, and try again, after all, I've always been under the impression that
You learn from your mistakes- if he doesn't just tell him
Down the road, not across the street.
Baby! Believe you me, it's true.

Edits- my apostrophes turned into spaces.

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 02 September 2008 - 11:41 PM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#22 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

AND you use the enter key too much, come on Toj.
I hate you.

#23 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:49 AM

AND you use the enter key too much, come on Toj.

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you Hersh, I`m in Austria right now. =D

And that, my friend, was a rick roll, read the first word of every line!
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#24 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

Best Materials: 1/2" Closed Cell FBR

800' for $36.95, 2500' for $71.95

I bought the 800' roll, this stuff is very high quality, but it only fits in PETG.

Loose in 9/16" Brass, does not fit in 17/32" Brass or CPVC of any kind. Perfect fit in OMC's thickwall PETG.

They have all sizes of backer rod, so you can make Micros, Megas, Mongos or whatever you want.

#25 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

It is usually that cheap so you can't make a judgment based on that . At my local lowes they sell 40 feet for like 5 or 6 dollars and the quality is fairly good.

Edit: hereticorp, about that fbr, does it fit stock barrels well?

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 08 September 2008 - 03:47 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users