Dart Tag Blaster Help

7 replies to this topic

#1 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

I recently CPVCd a dart tag blaster (the 10 shot one) and it's getting ranges of about 2 feet. I have the spring replaced with the same one Carrtoon used for his. If anybody could help remedy this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

trans as shit because fuck you

#2 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

Well first off, what darts are you using? Do they work in CPVC? Are they very dense? Are they 1/2 in in diameter? And what Size of CPVC?
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#3 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

Well first off, what darts are you using? Do they work in CPVC? Are they very dense? Are they 1/2 in in diameter? And what Size of CPVC?

1/2 in cpvc, 1/2 in CS style darts. This isn't my first mod so i know they work in all my other guns. My only guess is that the air output is too much for the barrels, but when i shove the dart all the way down it wont even leave the barrel. Sealing problems maybe?

#4 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:27 PM

your barrels might be too long, make them just long enough for your darts, no more, no less.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#5 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

Really? Hmmm, okay then. I figured there would be enough air coming out for the larger barrels. Any other suggestions from anybody else before i cut them?

#6 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

Really? Hmmm, okay then. I figured there would be enough air coming out for the larger barrels. Any other suggestions from anybody else before i cut them?

Rotating barrel guns I have noticed in my experience that they don't handle long barrels well.

Likely it is the duration of the air "burst".

The leakage around the barrels is an easier path than to push the dart through the barrel.

I had the same thing happen with a maveric mod with PETG that I did.

Just not enough duration for a reliable replacement.
~AJAQ~

#7 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, 2"-2.5" max. It's plunger chamber is also so small that the darts being too tight can severly effect it.

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#8 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:41 PM

Okay then, thats good to know. Thanks for the help. Now for another question, whats the best way to cut barrels that are glued to a turret? I'm guessing a lot of dremel work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users