NJ area

70 replies to this topic

#51 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

According to the map, OMC, DS (who isn't on the map, but I know what town he lives in), keef (most likely won't be tagging along since his mom is paranoid of him riding with anyone) and Jlego are the closest to me. I know that you are still figuring out sleeping accomodations OMC, so I can factor you in later on.

It makes alot more sense for me to take OMC and Jlego with me as they are alot closer to me and for you, SplitLip, to get Talio. Rambo can also come with me as he is relatively nearby. I know you all have previous plans but this would be easier for everyone as Talio may not be able to have that many cars at his family's house and it would save all those that were originally driving down to Talio's gas on their own vehicles.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#52 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

Actually, my mother gave it thought, only reason I posted. Then she found out she had a wedding, so no go for me.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#53 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

So Varsity and Doubleshot backed out. That means I'm riding with Jackson right now. Anyone else want to consolidate their carpool? I would still really like to camp if at all possible.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#54 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

Okay, we're down to 9 - although it will probably be 8, I imagine. Google Map updated.

Talio
Splitlip
Langley - 26 MPG - 1-2 seats remaining - traveling with Jlego
Dark Shrimp
One Man Clan
Rambo
Badger
Jlego - riding with Langley
Gears

I'm gonna throw this plan out that seemingly fits everyone's desires for the most part - if you don't agree with it, speak up.

Group One:
One Man Clan picks up Jlego at a train station near Langley's home. Next these three pick up badger or Dark Shrimp in 'the Langleymobile.' These four travel to DC.

Group Two:
I get a ride to Talio's location in Philly. From there we depart and pick up Gears on our way to Wilmington. We meet Splitlip in Wilmington as previously proposed and leave Talio's car there, taking Splitlip's car to the war. This way we don't have to worry about leaving multiple cars at Talio's relative's home. In the event that Gears does not attend ( which I suspect will happen - no offense, you just don't sound very definite in your post ), whoever spills over from group one rides with us.

I'm willing to ride solo if all eight others still plan on attending.

Edited by Rambo, 05 September 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#55 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:46 PM

Works for me. You don't have to ride solo in any case as long as the number doesn't go above 10 really. We can just make Gears and the 10th person ride bitch.
Teehee.

#56 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:44 PM

The problem with that plan is that Hersh and Dark Shrimp are sticking together and don't want to camp. I'm planning on going down on Friday afternoon and coming up on Sunday morning/afternoon. I can take anyone who wants to come to New Brunswick friday afternoon, or who is not more than 20 mintues or so out of my way on the way down. I can stop by Wilmington on Friday, but it will be late in the afternoon and I'll be going straight to the camp site from there, because CrankTHIRST will be holding the spot for me, and if I loose the spot I want to get to one of the alternate sites before their offices close.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#57 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

I can take Hersh and DS as they are the closest to me. As for Jlego, I know what train station he can get dropped off at and I can get him from there. The station is about 20 minutes from my house and is on the way to DCNO.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#58 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

I may be able to accommodate 2 people. My parents are also thinking about coming down that weekend, so I will let you know as more information is available.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#59 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

Here's what I came up with on the following info:
Who					Camp?
Splitlip				Either
Langley				Yes
Dark Shrimp + Hersh		No
Talio					Either
Rambo				??
Badger				No
Jlego					Either

This is what I came out that works based on what people have said here:
First:
Party 1- Friday, Rambo gets dropped off at Talios, Talio and Rambo go down to Wilmington where they meet me and Langley. We drop both my and Talio's car and take the Langley mobile down to the camp site.

Party 2-Saturday, Badger picks up Jlego and gets OMC and DS however, and drive down and up the same day.

Also, Langley could just go on his own and camp all on his lonesome, while me and Talio go down, and Rambo could pick whichever 3 of the options he likes best. :angry:

Edited by Splitlip, 06 September 2008 - 12:47 PM.

Teehee.

#60 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

I got a PM from Gears:

Okay, I am working out the nitty gritty with my parents. I am riding Split, you, and Talio, correct? Where would the best meet-up be, and are you guy's doing that camping shit?

So, this presents two problems:

1. 5 people to a car.
2. Langley wants to leave Sunday morning/afternoon - not sure what sort of time this means, exactly, but it probably doesn't work for me.

Also, why is Shindig on your list? I'm pretty sure he was saying two people can stay with him...

#61 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

I got a PM from Gears:

Okay, I am working out the nitty gritty with my parents. I am riding Split, you, and Talio, correct? Where would the best meet-up be, and are you guy's doing that camping shit?

So, this presents two problems:

1. 5 people to a car.
2. Langley wants to leave Sunday morning/afternoon - not sure what sort of time this means, exactly, but it probably doesn't work for me.

Also, why is Shindig on your list? I'm pretty sure he was saying two people can stay with him...

1. Shouldn't be a problem, he's just going to be riding bitch. The Langley mobile can handle 5 if that's okay with Phil.
2. You could be the fifth person in the other party. You didn't really post anything about camping so I put ??. I think it would be cool to chill for a couple nights down there.
Teehee.

#62 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

If my riding with anyone poses a problem, drop me now. I can drive myself down no problem.

It's probably the best idea, as my parents are paranoid about me being with me driving down with guys I barely know.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#63 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

What time were you guys thinking of leaving for DC?

I ask only because I have a doctor's appointment at 11am.

#64 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

Okay, I'm making this clear now, for whatever car I'm in.

Shotgun.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#65 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Okay, this is a little out of hand, and no one seems to be committing to anything. I've got three skinny bastard seats (that's two in fat fuck seats) and I'm going to be coming from New Brunswick, NJ, and I can stop in Killadelphia and/or Wilmington on the way down. I'm leaving Friday, and coming back Sunday, and I'm camping, but I can drop people off anywhere near the school if they want other accommodations. I'm flexible on what time on Friday I depart and how early Sunday I return. There's free parking in New Brunswick on weekends if you want to drive to my apartment to meet up before we leave. Who wants to ride with me?

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#66 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Okay, I'm making this clear now, for whatever car I'm in.

Shotgun.

Okay, this is a little out of hand, and no one seems to be committing to anything. I've got three skinny bastard seats (that's two in fat fuck seats) and I'm going to be coming from New Brunswick, NJ, and I can stop in Killadelphia and/or Wilmington on the way down. I'm leaving Friday, and coming back Sunday, and I'm camping, but I can drop people off anywhere near the school if they want other accommodations. I'm flexible on what time on Friday I depart and how early Sunday I return. There's free parking in New Brunswick on weekends if you want to drive to my apartment to meet up before we leave. Who wants to ride with me?

Well, how about we solidify this then. Talio and I will meet you in Wilmington, and we'll take the Langley mobile down. Either that, or you pick up Talio in Philly, and I drop my car at his relatives house of which I do not know. I personally find the former more appealing. I'm up for camping.
Teehee.

#67 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

Well, how about we solidify this then. Talio and I will meet you in Wilmington, and we'll take the Langley mobile down. Either that, or you pick up Talio in Philly, and I drop my car at his relatives house of which I do not know. I personally find the former more appealing. I'm up for camping.

That sounds fine to me. I just didn't think Talio wanted to camp. You guys both need to bring sleeping bags, a foam pad or some extra blankets for underneath your bag, and a flashlight. If either of you has a tent that would be cool, but I think Dean is bringing an extra, so we should be okay if you don't. You two should figure out how early you can leave so I can plan accordingly. Jackson and I both got off work for that Friday, so it's entirely up to you guys, but the earlier the better.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#68 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:00 PM

Not to fuck anyone's plans up, but DarkShrimp and I are taking the vacant spots at Shindig's place, so we will be riding together on our own to DCNO.
I hate you.

#69 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:33 AM

I'm not camping, so I can get Jlego and Talio.

Talio, I'll call you later today. This is getting rediculous. I understand OMC and DS for why they are rolling on their own, but you keep forgetting about all of the rest of us north of you SplitLip. Head to Talio's and I will get you and him and have Jlego in tow. Talio does not want to camp, so tagging along with Langley makes no sense.

By the way, Talio does indeed have shotgun.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#70 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

Plans for the LangleyMobile are finalized. I've got Jlego, Splitlip and Talio riding with me.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#71 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

Next time, I think the carpool situation needs to be organized a bit better and with everyone involved from the start. I am now driving solo, but with no one to stay with when I get there and being unable to leave on a Friday to do the camping gig (not to mention having no gear whatsoever), I had no other choice. Still, this could have worked out better.

I'll see everyone there.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users