NJ area

70 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

Okay, so here we go. Who from the area needs carpooling. As of now Splitlip, Phil and myself are all driving down, but we can ammend this to figure out who's riding with who.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

I am looking to carpool. I know hersh does too.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#3 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

Okay, so here we go. Who from the area needs carpooling. As of now Splitlip, Phil and myself are all driving down, but we can ammend this to figure out who's riding with who.

Don't think your car is the best for carpooling :) .

I'm going too.

#4 GMD

GMD

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

where is the war??
dc nerf outing? i guess
oh ya i have the medical condition dysgraphia and that means i have bad spelling and grammar and cant help it so please dont juge me, i try my best

#5 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

I definitely would like to carpool as well. I'm not bringing any sale products save for what people ask me to bring, so I can either be the driver or ride with one of you. Plenty of room in my trunk and the car seats 4 comfortably.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:39 PM

where is the war??
dc nerf outing? i guess

Are you TRYING to get me to ban you?

More importantly, we need to figure out the logistics of this thing as well as if we are staying for an extended period of time. Traditionally, DCNO has been a "whole weekend" affair or at least an "over-nighter." It's a bit demanding for anyone to drive 4+ hours in a day ON TOP of a full day of nerfing. Has anyone considered places to stay over?
I hate you.

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:00 PM

I need to be back in PA by 1 pm Sunday at the very latest, so I would need to leave early Sunday morning if we did not leave DC Saturday.

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

If you guys were down for staying Saturday night, we could hang out and grab a burger afterwords. We've always talked about it but perhaps actually we could do it this time around. I don't have any plans that weekend except to Nerf my ass off, sell NerfSTRONG wristbands and chill.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

If you guys were down for staying Saturday night, we could hang out and grab a burger afterwords. We've always talked about it but perhaps actually we could do it this time around. I don't have any plans that weekend except to Nerf my ass off, sell NerfSTRONG wristbands and chill.

I'm up for that if it happens.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

I'm coming from either Manchester, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ. I want to go down on Friday night, I would be open to staying Saturday night. I would be willing to drive if it makes sense and if everyone's chipping in for gas, and I've got an SUV with plenty of cargo space and room for 3-4 additional people. I would rather carpool with someone else though and help pay for gas. Lastly, I've camped in the area and if the weather holds up, I'd be cool with camping again and I know some spots in the area that are convenient and cheap.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#11 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

Varsity and I are looking to pool with somebody. We live in the West Windsor/Plainsboro area, and whoever that would be convenient for, PM me.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

Varsity and I are looking to pool with somebody. We live in the West Windsor/Plainsboro area, and whoever that would be convenient for, PM me.

You're 15 min out of my way on the way down from New Brunswick, which is probably where I'll be coming from.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#13 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

I'm not the camping type as I don't own any gear at all and I'd prefer to be a driver. No offense to those with SUVs, but even though you may have 4-5 people sharing gas costs, that is still going to be alot more as it is still a gas guzzler and a full compliemnt of cargo and passengers will decrease the MPG. I get well over 400 MPG, even when hauling people/gear.

For the stayover part, I am more than game, but I need to see if Maryann is even coming down for this one. She is currently working two jobs, but hopefully will have just one full-time soon. We will see. I am most likely coming down regardless of whether she is or not. I will know more later this week.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#14 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

Silencer and I are looking for a ride.

I will be in Morris County, and Silencer in Bergen County, and can get driven to a pickup spot.

My mother doesn't approve of ya know, 25+ year old people driving 8 hours plus with two 15 year olds who still play with toy guns, soo, it may be hard.

Edited by keef, 01 September 2008 - 10:12 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#15 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

I'm not the camping type as I don't own any gear at all and I'd prefer to be a driver. No offense to those with SUVs, but even though you may have 4-5 people sharing gas costs, that is still going to be alot more as it is still a gas guzzler and a full compliment of cargo and passengers will decrease the MPG. I get well over 400 MPG, even when hauling people/gear.

I have some spare camping gear, but not enough to accommodate as many people as it appears we will be having.

As far as cars go I have a CRV ( mid-size SUV - comfortable seating for 4-5, for the most part ) and I hear you on the MPG decrease due to people/cargo, but even with a full trunk and three people, I think I still get high twenties to low thirties on the highway. Not sure what you mean by 400 MPG - 40 MPG or 400 miles per tank?

My mother doesn't approve of ya know, 25+ year old people driving 8 hours plus with two 15 year olds who still play with toy guns, soo, it may be hard.

Badger is the only one who fits your age criterion, technically. :P

Edited by Rambo, 01 September 2008 - 08:30 PM.

#16 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

I meant to say per tank. It costs me $50 to fill up currently and I get about 32 MPG Highway with a 15 gallon true capacity tank. Also, if Maryann is coming, then camping will probably be out, but I still won't know until later in the week.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#17 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

Why does every thread becoming a pissing contest? Let's just get together whoever we can and go to the war. I need to look at this all on a map and make a decision Paton style.
I hate you.

#18 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

We will both be in Morris County, and can get driven to a pickup spot.

I'll be in Bergen County.
TMC

#19 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

I didn't even think it was turning into a pissing contest, but I see your point.

I'm with you on seeing everyone's location on a map. On the top of my head I know that you DS, and Langley are in my immediate area. You and DS could head towards me, then the 3 of us head towards Langley, which is on the way towards DCNO, but I still want to see it all on a map.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#20 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:16 PM

I didn't even think it was turning into a pissing contest, but I see your point.

I'm with you on seeing everyone's location on a map. On the top of my head I know that you DS, and Langley are in my immediate area. You and DS could head towards me, then the 3 of us head towards Langley, which is on the way towards DCNO, but I still want to see it all on a map.

Yeah......a map.....with all our locations on it. Wouldn't that be sweet?

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#21 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

You know what else would be great something that people could sign up on and it could show who in the area wants to carpool.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#22 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:55 PM

You know what else would be great something that people could sign up on and it could show who in the area wants to carpool.

Damn, that's a good idea, wish I'd thought of that.

So yeah, It's going to be a couple of weeks at least before I start on the carpool feature. By then this will all be settled. Sorry guys.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#23 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:57 PM

Yeah......a map.....with all our locations on it. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Wouldn't it be sweeter if it was just DCNO?

Posted Image
Timothy M-Lick <3

#24 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:48 AM

I didn't see any pissing match either - it was a conversation about fuel efficiency and how best to get to DC cheaply and comfortably.

Since it seems like people are concerned with fuel economy, I suggest we all post what car(s) we have at our disposal for carpooling. This way we can decide who is driving who based on more than proximity.

We are up to 13, just in case you don't feel like counting:

Talio
Splitlip
Langley - 26 MPG - 1-2 seats remaining - traveling with doubleshot and Varsity (?)
Dark Shrimp
One Man Clan
Rambo - 2007 CRV 4WD - 26 MPG as per FuelEconomy.gov - 4-5 comfortable passengers
Badger
doubleshot - N/A - traveling with Langley (?)
Varsity - N/A - traveling with Langley (?)
keef
Silencer - N/A
Jlego
Gears

Edited by Rambo, 02 September 2008 - 02:55 PM.

#25 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:09 AM

Just put "No car available" for Varsity and I. His dad wouldn't let us use it.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users