Photo

Homemade 5-barrel Turret

2 replies to this topic

#1 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

So the other day I was annoyed at my Snaps reload time. I was having to ramrod the darts down the barrel after every shot, and that sort of defeats the purpose of a springer, so I decided to make a turret. I didn't want to scrap an AT3K that I had, so I made it entirely of PVC, copper, and e-tape. The general idea is that there are 5 barrels of PVC, inside nested several layers of copper coming down to 17/32" copper. These barrels are mounted around a PVC pipe that is in turn put over a brass pipe. The brass pipe is attached to the gun, and doesn't spin, but the barrels spin around it. On the end of the barrels there are couplers which attach to the section of 1/2" PVC coming out of the body of the gun. To operate, you just spin the turret, pull the coupler over the PVC, fire, pull the barrels away from the PVC, then repeat the process. The turret is rear loading as well, but is quite heavy.

-Upperhand

EDIT- The site keeps telling me that dynamic pages in the img form are not allowed. I followed the image hosting guide, and tried the tree symbol as well. Help on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by UpperHand, 31 August 2008 - 07:07 PM.

My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

Guide to post pictures.

It looks pretty good to me, though the e-tape would annoy me.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

Its fuck ugly and the barrels are crooked. Also, your snap looks pretty ugly and has a short handle.

Its a novel concept, but clean it up and it will be great.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users