Photo

What Gun For Primary?

9 replies to this topic

#1 TGfeo

TGfeo

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

Okay, I've already got some decent secondaries going, but I'm in desperate need of a good primary. Here are my candidates:
- Stock LS
- Titan (AR free, can fire micros)
- DTR (AR free, strikefire spring addition)

Those are only the potential primaries I already own. If none of those are good enough, what gun should I buy?

Thanks.

#2 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

I say just go to town on that longshot. do the basic mods, slap a good spring in there, and if your up to it do a foregrip mod to it. You will get an awesome ROF and get a some distance at the same time.

You will get way more distance out of a singled Titan, but those are only good for losing, and thats even if the nerf war allows you to use it. Its not a good primary mainly because of how long it takes to prime and the fact that you have to load each dart.
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#3 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

Have you considered a Big Bad Bow? Or maybe a Big Blast/Blast Bazooka?
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#4 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Wait, are you saying these are guns you own, or are canidates that you are thinking to buy?

Out of the three, I would say the longshot. Its pretty non-complicated to mod, if you know the internals, and you can do basic mods.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 30 August 2008 - 09:49 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#5 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

From Ice: What the f*** is a DTF
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#6 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

From Ice: What the f*** is a DTF

Dart Tag Firefly? He probably meant to press the key next to it which is a G...

I agree with most of the people to use the longshot. You can mostly do the general mods, and then you can slap on an Angel Breech later if you feel you want more. A DTG is more a secondary if modified right so maybe use that too?

Edit: Now I understand Busta's sig too

Edited by AJ.Z, 30 August 2008 - 11:30 PM.

#7 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

I say just go to town on that longshot. do the basic mods, slap a good spring in there, and if your up to it do a foregrip mod to it. You will get an awesome ROF and get a some distance at the same time.

You will get way more distance out of a singled Titan, but those are only good for losing, and thats even if the nerf war allows you to use it. Its not a good primary mainly because of how long it takes to prime and the fact that you have to load each dart.

Fuck you talking about? Losing has been acceptable at every war I have been to. After all, its failure is always an option. *snickers*

Anyway, I swear by Big Blasts. Once I get my Maverick turret thing set up then I will report on that as it adds ROF to the Big Blast, but so far for two wars I have used a Big Blast with standard coupler mods and it has served me extremely well.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#8 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

- Stock LS
- Titan (AR free, can fire micros)
- DTR (AR free, strikefire spring addition)
Thanks.

Anyways, I'd say you should probably do some mods to the LS, although I don't really like them, but don't let my opinion stop you from what you want. I also wouldn't use the Titan because if it's singled, it won't be allowed in most nerf wars you go to, so if you are going to do something with the titan, maybe you should make it fire multiple shots, like in the Absolver modification that BendyStraw did.

There is also the "DTG..." if that's what you meant (probably because the "r" is next to the "g") but you could go with that, yet mine only get's 40' w/ an AR removal, and since you added a strikefire spring, it probably goes farther, yet I wouldn't use it because, although the good ROF, it wouldn't get as far as the LS if you did some good mods to it. Personally I use a BBB and most people would probably get a Big Blast, but those are hard to find (in my area), and besides, this is all my opinion.

EDIT:
BustaNinja, I finally understood your signature, (I am mentally retarded, but that doesn't mean you can't modify nerf guns!)... on topic:

Fuck you talking about? Losing has been acceptable at every war I have been to. After all, its failure is always an option. *snickers*

Since for some strange reason losing is, well, (darn I don't know how to bypass the filter)
S.niping (hopefully that works)

Edited by Watari, 30 August 2008 - 11:18 PM.

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

I have known about the filter for a long while. I was making a joke off it, and every time I see people who use "losing" even though they mean sn.iping, I laugh and make a joke.

So in closing, at Nerf wars, don't be a loser, and don't try to eat shit

(sni.per and sn.iping respectively.)
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#10 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

I have known about the filter for a long while. I was making a joke off it, and every time I see people who use "losing" even though they mean sn.iping, I laugh and make a joke.

So in closing, at Nerf wars, don't be a loser, and don't try to eat shit

(sni.per and sn.iping respectively.)

I've been here for almost 2 years and I didn't know about the eat shit filter. I knew about the loser / losing filter, but not the eat shit filter.

On topic: Titans get banned at wars, and DTG's just don't have the power to be a primary in outdoor wars. If you don't plan on modding your longshot, your should probably just buy a Big Bad Bow or a Big Blast.

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users