Photo

The Official 2008 College Football Thread

Got something to say about college football? Say it here!

14 replies to this topic

#1 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hey college football fans! I made this thread to find out who everyone's favorite college football team is, and for people to talk about college football. Before anyone posts, please read these rules.

1. ONLY talk about college football related things here. If it's about pro football, take it somewhere else.
2. NO bashing anyone's favorite team. You can say comments on how they could improve, but I don't want anyone saying "OMG U LYKE ARKANSAS PINE-BLUFF! THEY ARE TEH SUK!"
3. If you do want to bash someone's team, please take it up through PM's, not in here.
4. If your team wins a game, don't be a dick, instead, say "hey did you see the Oklahoma-Chattanooga game? Oklahoma looked pretty good didn't they?"
5. Likewise, if your favorite team loses, dont be a dick, instead, say "hey did you see the Oklahoma-Chattanooga game? Chattanooga was out to lunch on that one."

Hopefully this will be a successful thread.

Good look to all teams and
BOOMER SOONER!
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#2 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

Nebraska YEAH! You MU fans need to tell me how the game goes.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#3 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

Huskers beat Western Michigan today 47-24
East Carolina upset Va Tech 27-22. What did you guys think about that game?
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

HUGE College Football fan-

Here are some of my predictions:
The heiman race s between Chase Daniel, Tim Tebow, and Knowshon Moreno and Tebow wins it again!
USC finished undefeated and will be the #1 team in the country
Expect huge years from
-Mcknight
-Spiller
-Alabama's rookie rb(fogrget is name)
-Maclin
-Rainy
-Juice Williams
-Foster

I also like Jake Locker from Washington.

I was very surprised that Bama beat Clemson.

I'm also anxious to see terelle prior.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

Wow, thats quite a detailed lineup. I think that Oklahoma will at LEAST get into a bowl game. And they will win if ol Sammie Bradford doesnt get the shit knocked out of him XP. I think the OU RB is real good also.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#6 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

UofL THey didn't do to well last year but BB was a pretty good QB.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#7 Jabulus

Jabulus

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

Nebraska YEAH! You MU fans need to tell me how the game goes.

Oh yeah, I will definitely be watching that. (woohoo! MU beat Illinois!)
WARNING-THIS IS GETTING BRUTALLY OLD!

QUOTE(Echnalaid)

One screw was stripped on my titan, so I Falcon Punched it. Try a Falcon Punch.

QUOTE(chrisnisk)

Not to mention I got the secret achievement Brass Balls for it

#8 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

College football sucks. It isn't so much that I hate football, but my city goes to crap on game days. It is nothing but drunk drivers, drunk pedestrians and there is no parking. People can't even come to my apartment unless I get them a parking pass prior to the game. I wouldn't mind the least bit if my school didn't even have a football team.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#9 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:07 PM

Damn. That sucks for you. If you don't like being in the city you live in, MOVE. Don't make other people read your post bitching about how too many people enjoy going to football games. That is all.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#10 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

I'm just annoyed by the fact that my School (UCI) doesn't even HAVE a Football team...

Eater Nation Pride.

Zot bitches.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

Damn. That sucks for you. If you don't like being in the city you live in, MOVE. Don't make other people read your post bitching about how too many people enjoy going to football games. That is all.

The subtitle for the thread said to say things about college football, so I said what I feel about college football. People here don't enjoy the football. They enjoy getting drunk and stumbling around the stadium. I love my city otherwise. It would also be kind of hard to move considering the fact that I get around $4000 per semester to go to WVU.

#12 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

That's kind of funny. I am 13 years old and enjoy football a whole hell of a lot. And I don't get drunk and stumble around stadiums. And another note. You CANNOT buy alchohol if the concession stand thinks you are DRUNK-drunk. Actually, if you are really drunk and stumbling around the stadium, you will be thrown out. I think its great you earn that much money. But no one cares. If you can't move, and go to West Virgina University, shouldnt you be studying instead of bitching?

That sucks bags. I really feel bad for you. Oh wait, our city (Wichita, KS) and WSU don't have a football team either. I guess we have something in common! WHOO BAGS!

Edited by Mxer4life369, 01 September 2008 - 09:51 PM.

GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#13 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

GO Terps! ....and now since I go there, Scarlet Knights!
I hate you.

#14 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:24 PM

That's kind of funny. I am 13 years old and enjoy football a whole hell of a lot. And I don't get drunk and stumble around stadiums. And another note. You CANNOT buy alchohol if the concession stand thinks you are DRUNK-drunk. Actually, if you are really drunk and stumbling around the stadium, you will be thrown out. I think its great you earn that much money. But no one cares. If you can't move, and go to West Virgina University, shouldnt you be studying instead of bitching?

Well, at least you are acting your age. If you don't want people's views on college football, you should edit the title of the thread. If you really want to try to get all technical about this, though, lets look at things you have said.
1) You are 13 and enjoy football.
Young people/other non-alcoholic people make up about 30% of football game attendance here.

2) The concession stand won't sell alcohol to drunk people.
The people here start drinking the day before games, and they continue drinking until the start of the game, and then they go into the stadium. They are completely hammered drunk BEFORE the game. They have no need to drink during the game or buy any alcohol from the concession stand.

3) Drunk people get thrown out.
No. They do not. Yes, I have been to football games here. Many people in the student section can barely stand up straight. They also stagger around the streets. Hardly anyone is given any trouble from the cops. Even if the cops/security guys did want to kick out drunk people, it would be hard for 20 cops/security officers to kick out hundreds of people. You really don't understand how many drunkards there are unless you live here.

4) Nobody cares about the money I make.
You're right. I don't expect anyone to care. I stated that simply to make a point that if I attend another school, I will have to pay them about double what I currently get in return for going to school.

5) Shouldn't I be studying.
Yes. In fact I am typing up a physics lab report right now. I like to take breaks, though, and browse the net.

Now, if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me. I don't want to get in trouble with the admins because of a boy that can't properly title his threads.

Edited by slowguitarman, 01 September 2008 - 11:25 PM.

#15 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

College football sucks. It isn't so much that I hate football, but my city goes to crap on game days. It is nothing but drunk drivers, drunk pedestrians and there is no parking. People can't even come to my apartment unless I get them a parking pass prior to the game. I wouldn't mind the least bit if my school didn't even have a football team.

Take it back. I'm kidding but what's not to love.

There are so many die hard fans that yes get drunk but they still love their team.

If you have ever been to a Patriots game, you'd know how intense it is. It's seriously ridiculous. 2 years ago I was at the Pats/Colts game in the cold and there were two colts fans with just jerseys on in front of a whoel crowd of Pats fans... These 2 guys got abused since play 1. People threw snowballs, ice balls, hot chocolates, hot cheesy nachos at them. I won't even get into the verbal abuse.

But It was awesome. No colts fans should be in Gilette.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users