Wodden Toy Gun.

Can this be converted to a nerf gun?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

Hey guys, I found this at a sale that is taking place in the parking lot next to my house.
Posted Image
Is there any chance this could be converted into a nerf gun. It has a breach, but it doesn't seem like it has a firing mech.
This is the breech:
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#2 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

It'd be a shit load of work, and probably more time, effort, and money than it's actually worth. What's the most complicated mod you've done so far if I may ask?

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#3 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

It'd be a shit load of work, and probably more time, effort, and money than it's actually worth. What's the most complicated mod you've done so far if I may ask?

Your probably right, I've couplered a BBBB and done an AR removal on a longshot, so I'm probably not up to it. The price is 8$.

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#4 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

Pump in the stock, AT2K behind the bolt, yeah. You could make it Nerf. NerfCrazy did something similar with a gun kinda like that and it performed... well, like and AT2k. It was really good infact.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#5 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

Pump in the stock, AT2K behind the bolt, yeah. You could make it Nerf. NerfCrazy did something similar with a gun kinda like that and it performed... well, like and AT2k. It was really good infact.

I could do that with my 4K air tank, but the look of the gun would be ruined. Oh yeah, and the body of the gun is solid wood. So to get the pump in I would need to go balistic with some kind of power tool, and I don't think I have any power tool that would do the job. I don't think it would work with a spring because of the lack of a firing mech. Geez, I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with this.

Edited by Firefox551, 30 August 2008 - 01:03 PM.

#6 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

Your probably right, I've couplered a BBBB and done an AR removal on a longshot, so I'm probably not up to it. The price is 8$.

Yeah. Not to bust your balls, but I don't think you'd be up to all the work in something like this. A lot of people who've done quite their fair share of mods wouldn't even be up to this. Repaint it and keep it on a bookshelf or something, cause it is pretty cool haha

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#7 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

Yeah. Not to bust your balls, but I don't think you'd be up to all the work in something like this. A lot of people who've done quite their fair share of mods wouldn't even be up to this. Repaint it and keep it on a bookshelf or something, cause it is pretty cool haha

:blink: Yeah I really should. :D

#8 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

Its just solid wood? Then you could attach something to the top of it in place of where the bolt is.
Or..you could take the time to hollow it out and put something inside it if you REALLY wanted to.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#9 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

Well if your going to just display it I would put some minwax on the wood and polish the metal.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#10 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

Finnaly! Someone thats adding my sig! ON TOPIC: Looks like a gutted bb gun. The breech looks promising to me, I would integrate a 3k into it.

EDIT: it is a bb gun, you cock it by pulling the breech back, if it doesn't cock, pull of the cap on the rear (behind the breech) (next to the stock) install a brass breech in the original, and put a 3k in there.

Edited by nerfer9, 30 August 2008 - 04:02 PM.

#11 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:41 PM

You should buy it. It looks really cool and maybe you could get the price down to $5. If the sale ended now, would you regret not purchasing it?

#12 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

It's not that hard to integrate an at2k or at3k into that at all. I'm working on putting an at2k onto the remnants of a flintlock replica myself and I'm just using my rotary tool, and it's solid wood. It will look cool for sure, In my opinion at least. make sure you slap some orange or bright colors on the end of the barrel though so you don't get shot.

#13 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

I might buy it, but the breech has a LOT of metal crap in it. I don't think I can get it out, Oh and just so everyone knows, I don't own a dremmel, and I don't own a 3K. I do have a 4K, would that work?

EDIT: I just got it for five bucks and I think I can get the breech apart and fix it.

Edited by Firefox551, 31 August 2008 - 03:26 PM.

#14 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

I might buy it, but the breech has a LOT of metal crap in it. I don't think I can get it out, Oh and just so everyone knows, I don't own a dremmel, and I don't own a 3K. I do have a 4K, would that work?

EDIT: I just got it for five bucks and I think I can get the breech apart and fix it.

Yay!! You could use steel wool on the inside with something like barkeepers friend and dremels are only 20 bucks

#15 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

Ok guys, I got the whole thing appart down to just the wooden body. I think I'm going to put my 4K on the thing. But I don't know how to make a brass breech.

#16 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

There are many ways to make a brass breech, look at this one, and search for a few others. You don't have to follow any of them exactly, but the principle should be clear.
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#17 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

Well guys, I think it's hopeless. I can't for the life of me figure out a way I might get my 4K into the gun. I forgot to mention that I don't use stephans. I might start if I found a way to make them less painful. So for now the gun is going in my spare parts box.

#18 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

Is there any chance this could be converted into a nerf gun.

No
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#19 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

No

I have to disagree. Anything can be made into a nerf gun. It wouldn't be good/useful/practical at all, but it is possible. I mean...a guy (don't remember who) made an N64 controller into a nerf gun of sorts, so if one really wanted, they could put an sspb in it and call it a nerf gun.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#20 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

No

I have to disagree. Anything can be made into a nerf gun. It wouldn't be good/useful/practical at all, but it is possible. I mean...a guy (don't remember who) made an N64 controller into a nerf gun of sorts, so if one really wanted, they could put an sspb in it and call it a nerf gun.

I think CaptainSlug meant that it's impossible to convert something in to nerf when it's basically just a piece of wood. It has absolutely no means of propelling a dart. Sure you can integrate another gun such as an AT2K into it, but that's not really converting it, is it?

That thing looks like a ROTC Drill rifle. Just a useless hunk of wood in the shape of a rifle with a fake bolt / trigger. I had to paint and refinish 13 of them for my brother's school a while back.

If you want to integrate a nerf gun into that thing, go for it. I personally just don't think it's worth it.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#21 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:45 AM

No

I think CaptainSlug meant that it's impossible to convert something in to nerf when it's basically just a piece of wood. It has absolutely no means of propelling a dart. Sure you can integrate another gun such as an AT2K into it, but that's not really converting it, is it?

That thing looks like a ROTC Drill rifle. Just a useless hunk of wood in the shape of a rifle with a fake bolt / trigger. I had to paint and refinish 13 of them for my brother's school a while back.

If you want to integrate a nerf gun into that thing, go for it. I personally just don't think it's worth it.

There really is no reason to argue semantics. If one wanted to make a hunk of wood fire nerf darts, it could be done. Chances are good that a rifle shaped piece of wood isn't going to make a great nerf blaster, but it is in no way impossible. Just because something isn't practical or "slug-approved" doesn't make it impossible.

From dictionary.com: "conversion: 9. a substitution of one component for another so as to effect a change." You could substitute the wood in that gun for an sspb in order to make it fire darts. So, if you want to be technical, that could be considered a conversion.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#22 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

Just integrate a 2k with a breech/clip system that is gravity loaded.

You can take a piece of wood, shape it to conform to the front of the gun and connect the pump to that.

Also, you could refurbish it.

Either way you put in a lot of time and effort for something that has been done better and easier before. But it would be custom made and your personal work.

Proceed with caution.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users