Halloweeno '08

10/25/08, 10:00 AM

11 replies to this topic

#1 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

Hey guys, Me and a bunch of friends are planning a war in the light of Halloween. your welcome to bring and wear costumes, I know I will.(don't know what I'm going as this year though) now for the details...

5290 Cameron Dr.
Buena Park, CA 90620

Time: 10:00 AM
Date: October 25, 2008

attendance:

fo sho:
Myself(+8)
Falcon
Bags'
Raw Shrimp

Pending:
Wallasham
watari
Cruxader
Christian
cannonball

Not coming:
Mr.Tubb

this is also posted up on the SCUN Network, for those who don't know.

Standard rules apply, eye protection required for all. tree climbing is allowed. well that's about it, for now. I'll add anything as it comes to mind, enjoy.

UPDATE:there is going to be a few specialty matches, such as Slayer, Ambush, Duels. Slayer is a free-for-all match, no teams. Ambush is one team sets up in hidden positions while the other team looks for them, and tries to survive. Duels is a melee only match, so brings some swords and pikes and axes(foam tips only) I have about 7 melee weapons, anyone can borrow if they need to. I'm really looking forward to this, as its my first(non canceled/postponed) war.

Edited by SorrowX, 17 September 2008 - 11:44 PM.

You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

#2 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

Sound interesting, On the other hand this sound similar to a rip off of Hell Before Halloween
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#3 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Sounds interesting, but I think there'd be safety issues involved. I will consider it, even though I'm busy that day.

#4 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:02 AM

icespartan, It may seem that way, but truth be told, i know absolutley nothing about hell before halloween except that its hosted by forsaken_angel24. and cannonball, were taking into consideration any safety issues, so please, if there is any complaints about safety, please make them known and contact me.

#5 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

When are you going topost the writeup of your Forbidden Valley? I'm interested

#6 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:13 AM

I'm not going to attend, but you should probably make flashlights mandatory (just as a precaution against people accidentally getting lost (though I doubt it would happen,) falling over an unseen object, etc.)
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#7 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:56 AM

I'd rather have a day time war, but then again I don't know if I'm going to attend. I just would rather not run around in some park in some neighbor I have no idea about with not but a plastic gun and a cheapo flashlight (since my surefire wouldn't be allowed)

#8 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:50 PM

flashlights are asked, and will also be lent out at the time of the war. as for not knowing much, i don't think its much of a problem, as I'm pretty sure if you asked any nerfer or myself could provide a phone for any emergency contact. flashlights are rated, and if it isn't powerful enough or too powerful, we could work out something. as for the forbidden valley writeup, I'm not sure when I'm getting some money for more brass and another longshot(the one planned for the writeup ended up getting crushed in the earthquake that happened over the summer. :cry: ) I was lucky enough that the real Forbidden Valley was well situated inside Its case.

#9 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

Hey guys, Me and a bunch of friends are planning a war in the light of Halloween. your welcome to bring and wear costumes, I know I will.(don't know what I'm going as this year though) now for the details...

5290 Cameron Dr.
Buena Park, CA 90620

Time: 10:00 AM
Date: October 25, 2008

attendance:

fo sho:
Myself(+4)
Falcon

Pending:
watari
Cruxader
Christian
cannonball

Not coming:
Mr.Tubb

this is also posted up on the SCUN Network, for those who don't know.

Standard rules apply, eye protection required for all. tree climbing is allowed. well that's about it, for now. I'll add anything as it comes to mind, enjoy.

UPDATE:there is going to be a few specialty matches, such as Slayer, Ambush, Duels. Slayer is a free-for-all match, no teams. Ambush is one team sets up in hidden positions while the other team looks for them, and tries to survive. Duels is a melee only match, so brings some swords and pikes and axes(foam tips only) I have about 7 melee weapons, anyone can borrow if they need to. I'm really looking forward to this, as its my first(non canceled/postponed) war.

#10 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

Pending:
watari
Cruxader
Christian

EDIT:
Sorry, we all can't make it this date...have a nice war! (that didn't sound right)

Edited by Watari, 12 October 2008 - 10:36 AM.

#11 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:08 AM

I'm not going to be able to come to this one.

#12 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

My attendance should be pending, at this point. Not sure what's going to be happening at that point yet, with weekend classes and whatnot.

Sound interesting, On the other hand this sound similar to a rip off of Hell Before Halloween

That may be the dumbest thing I hear/read all day today. Can't believe I missed it before. Sorrow posts a war around Halloween, and you decide that should point out from your corner in PA that someone else hosts a war around Halloween, so he's obviously copying. I'm sorry, but REALLY? Sorrow's already on his way to becoming an experienced player in Southern California, and has every right to want to host a war, whereas you've failed to do so twice. Calling ANYONE'S war a "Rip-Off of ____" is just stupid. They're ALL nerf wars...they're ALL alike in many ways.

Don't take this personally (though it's pretty direct, not gonna lie), it just really isn't necessary. I'm a people pleaser, and I'm not saying I hate you...I just think that was completely unnecessary.

But now I feel a need to steal your logic, so the "PA War" is officially a YANO rip-off.

Moving on (as he'll probably never read this again anyway)...
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users