Photo

Buster Sword

15 replies to this topic

#1 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 03:01 PM

I was again inspired by a Final Fantasy... click here to see Cloud's Buster Sword, the foamy version.

Hope you FF fans like it...again.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#2 Ginjiroku

Ginjiroku

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:48 PM

that great, I really like it.

#3 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:42 PM

Any way you can fix that bend in the middle of the longer piece of PVC? Aside from that little detail, looks fun!
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#4 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:47 PM

I foresaw that one, wrapping the duct tape so tight...but later, instead of fixing it, I decided I liked the bend in it. Keeps it sturdy, 'cause it's already bent. Bended. Bented. Blah.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#5 Guest_davboy88dc_*

Guest_davboy88dc_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:51 PM

Wow that thing is massive. I'm not a fan of big axes,swords and bulky weapons because of my martial arts background I prefer combat weapons like sais, bo staff and my favrouite nunchucks. But good design the tape over it looks very cool.

#6 cooldood31

cooldood31

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:43 PM

Way to big. I'd take a broad sword or 2 sabers (thick blade, not fencing type) over that any day, but it would be cool to beat someone with pvc nunchucks (yes i do mean the ol' wheat-beaters) you could even use some plastic chain like they have for those stupid fences! I think I'm gonna make a pair.

#7 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:59 PM

but it would be cool to beat someone with pvc nunchucks (yes i do mean the ol' wheat-beaters)

I hope you don't really do that! :(
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#8 Guest_davboy88dc_*

Guest_davboy88dc_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:21 PM

I might make a ton of weapons so me and my friends can just have a h2h fight. And pvc nunchucks I had practice nunchucks I brought a while ago I lost. They were black heavy tubing covered with foam which still hurt but not as much as hardwood nunchucks which I got hit with once.

#9 cooldood31

cooldood31

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:26 PM

Nerfer16, like dav said his practice ones were like i'd cover 'em in foam (pipe insulator)

#10 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 01:33 PM

Well hey, if he wants to be cheap, he can use it in a game to deflect darts.

If he wants to be really cheap. That thing's practically a riot shield.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#11 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 01:38 PM

I'd hit that.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#12 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:17 PM

I once made a whip out of 5/8" FBR, duct tape some foam pipe insulation and a foot long length of PVC. Never got around to using it in a war but it'd be great for a boffer duel.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#13 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 05:28 PM

does anyone know any good sites where they show how to make some stuff like this? by the way the sword looks awesome!
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#14 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 06:03 PM

Any way you can fix that bend in the middle of the longer piece of PVC? Aside from that little detail, looks fun!

You can easily fix this bend by cutting the long "blade" pvc pipes in half, sticking on two t joints, and puting another piece of pvc inbetween.
Happiness is a foam gun.

#15 Exis

Exis

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 06:55 AM

About the whip:

I've been thinking for a while now that I could probably create a retractable whip. By modifying a ruler case (you know, the ones that you can snap back into the little casing) I could create a really nice, simple whip that you could get rid of instantly. Only problem would be to find a casing that doesn't rely on the tension in the ruler.

-Coop
I'm a noob... so sue me...

#16 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:47 PM

I was again inspired by a Final Fantasy... click here to see Cloud's Buster Sword, the foamy version.

Hope you FF fans like it...again.

Did you try to make a gun blade yet? I'm sure you can take like a at2k or something and put on a huge sword.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users