Pvc Pipes

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_davboy88dc_*

Guest_davboy88dc_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2003 - 09:27 PM

I went to a hardware store yesterday and tryed to find some material for a homemade gun. The pvc there were like 15ft and I couldn't get it because I went by myself on a bike and didn't want to carry this long as pipe on my bike looking weird. Do other places sell small amounts of pvc pipes like in 4 or 5 ft? And where do you get thoes valves that 3D BBQ uses?

#2 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 09:40 PM

They should bw able to cut the PVC for you with PVC cutters. As for the vavles, the hardware store might have something like that. Other people should know......

#3 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 10:46 PM

In my experience I have found certain stores to have different ways of selling tubing. My local Rona Home Centre only sells it in 10' lenghts, but my local Home Hardware sells it by the foot. Rona still cuts the PVC so it fits in my car, but I still have to buy the whole 10 feet. Look around your area, and try to find a store that sells by the foot.
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#4 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 11:45 AM

You could just cut it into 5 feet lengths i'mm pretty sure you could ride with it then. Those valves are just painted but the are normal ball valves.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 01:17 PM

You're going to need some way to cut your pipe. Whether you're planning to use a saw or get a PVC cutter, just take that along with you and make it whatever size you need right there in the store or parking lot.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 04:56 PM

Whether you're planning to use a saw or get a PVC cutter, just take that along with you and make it whatever size you need right there in the store or parking lot.

Yeah, I don't think he wants to ride to a hardware store with a hack-saw, but that's only an assumption. He may appear to be some sort of illeducated criminal, trying to rob the place with a bloody saw.

Like others have said before, find somebody to cut it in the store for you, they will be more than happy... it's just money to them. Then ask for a few bags, and put your PVC in them, and hang them on your handle bars. Simple. Effective. It works.
Sylent Blade

http://cam-m.cjb.net

#7 Guest_davboy88dc_*

Guest_davboy88dc_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:45 PM

Thanks people
I'll try get my mum might drive me next time. If my mum dosen't have time I'll ride there.

#8 buckbogey

buckbogey

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 08:40 PM

Hey, make sure you get the CPVC for the barrel. The regular PVC is 1/16 to big, and the dart is loose. <sry, but i suck at spelling for a grown man>
Winners are never quitters, and quitters are never winners. Think about it.

#9 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 11:42 PM

well buckbogey, that all depends on the foam you use, and the size of your dart. Foam differs, so you can never generalize and say this barrel material works the best. And also, there are megas which fit in PVC well, and micros with fit in CPVC well. 1/2 PVC is really 5/8" inner diameter, and CPVC is 1/2" inner diameter.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#10 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:28 AM

I think CPVC has an ID of somewhere between 3/8, and 7/16 but I know its not exactly 1/2. It usually has a slightly tighter fit than what is ideal, but as always, it just depends on your foam.
facebook.com/gregdp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users