Got really bored.

37 replies to this topic

#1 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Okay. So today I was extremely bored so first I made my crossbow ammo holder, and then I decided to try to single my hornet. It was a success. I had known what to do because my friend did it yesterday, the only problem with his was he had over 20 leaks. :( Here's what you do.

Stock HornetPosted Image
Hornet InternalsPosted Image
Okay, now what you do is rip out all the internals, and cut all of the hoses except for one. Then fill those cut hoses with hot glue or whatever. Just make sure all 5 are airtight.Posted Image
Better look at the hoses.Posted Image
There's going to be a hole in the front of the gun. I used FBR plug it up and I hot glued over it (not pictured). You can use pretty much anything that's airtight. Everything in this gun has to be airtight and you have to be extra careful because i've seen more leaks in this single gun than many other pump guns combined.
Final Product
I'm not going to put it in a case because i'm going to be integrating it to one of my primaries.

Ranges - 10 pumps Flat around 95 FT. and angled I lost the dart because it's dark outside. :P

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#2 L0pper

L0pper

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

Getting rid of the extra blast buttons and the plastic tubes that connect them should help decrease the number of pumps it takes to prime, and make it easier to integrate.

#3 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

Okay, you need a shirt. This is not prepubescent boys gone wild.

Impressive though. I will admit that I know nothing about the hornet and would not have even thought this possible aside from connecting all 6 barrels into one and pulling the trigger really fast.
Teehee.

#4 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:50 PM

Nice Mod. I personally really like it but I think it would be more effective if it was like a big salvo were you had 4 shots of 65 to 80 feet instead of being one barrel. So you would keep 3 or 4 barrels. But very good mod none the less, I like it.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 29 August 2008 - 10:50 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#5 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:53 PM

Don't worry splitlip i'm not prepubescent, the only reason I have no shirt on is because I was getting ready for sleep. I have cross country time trials tomorrow. :P

#6 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:12 AM

Wow, Awesome splitlip. Way to lay on the burns. :P

Anyway, I didn't get the mod, probably because the no shirt distracted me from actually reading it. But good job on the results! Hopefully you aren't falsely advertising your overangled ranges.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 30 August 2008 - 12:13 AM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#7 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

Impressive though. I will admit that I know nothing about the hornet and would not have even thought this possible aside from connecting all 6 barrels into one and pulling the trigger really fast.

He had a shirt in the first few pictures then... took it off? Why?

#8 Brunta

Brunta

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:33 AM

First off, nicely said Splitlip.

Second, nice mod! I was actually about to do this on my cousins hornet because on of the barrels is busted. After seeing the range you say you got on this one, I think I'll give it a shot.

#9 zach attack

zach attack

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

knowing nothing about the hornet so great idea but I think the point of the hornet is the rate of fire

ps.... put a shirt on

Edited by zach attack, 30 August 2008 - 07:59 AM.

#10 FERD

FERD

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

The point of the hornet may be rate of fire but when you don't use the gun at all it becomes useless. By him singeling it out it's now usefull for an integration.

Edited by FERD, 30 August 2008 - 11:08 AM.

Im not nice...................... I KICK BABIES

#11 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

I must be exhausted. I didn't even notice the no-shirtness until Splitlip mentioned it, and I read the whole post. I need to get some sleep.

What are you going to integrate it into?

Probably dead by now, or something.

#12 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

Possibly my crossbow or plusbow.

#13 HugoChillingsworth

HugoChillingsworth

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Very nice mod, good presentation also.
Were you using stefans or stock darts when you tested it? Either way it's cool.
Huzzah for Nerf, shirtless manchilds, and long ranges!

#14 FERD

FERD

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

Wierd. ;)
Im not nice...................... I KICK BABIES

#15 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

95 ft flat without barrel replacement?Hmm, i think you should cpvc or pteg the barrel (almost said barrels :P )then it should get 100 ft :o that on a crossbow, Crap, thats gonna hurt
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#16 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

Well i'm just hoping that it's reliable.

#17 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

Just a few thing I would do if i were you. First replace the barrel with brass PETG, cpvc what ever fits your darts then plug the pump. Do that put that onto a crossbow you got a war machine.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#18 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

Just yesterday I PETG'd it with OMC PETG, and plugged the pump. Not integrated yet because i'm having a few problems with my baby.

#19 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't get it.

You singled a Hornet...why? Second, how do you fire it? When you got 95' had you even done an AR removal?

#20 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

You CANNOT hit 95' with a Hornet when shoot level.

IF you plug the pump, remove the ARs, drill a tiny hole in the plate behind the ARs, then add a 6-inch brass barrel and pump 20-30 times then you will get around 80 feet.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 07 September 2008 - 11:21 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#21 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:34 PM

Unless my measuring tape lied to me then i'm hitting 90 to 95'. This is no lie. The hornet becomes very powerful when single.
And Imaseoulman to answer your question - I singled it because the shots weren't consistant, now they are extremely consistant. To fire it you hit the shotgun button.

Edit - The AR's were partially removed. I had removed the peg and some of the AR came out with it.

Double Edit - Just a side note, my hornet went fairly well stock. I just looked up some mods and people are saying 60ish with barrel replacement. Three words, WHAT THE HELL? I was getting 45ish stock with a micro, and I have witness'. Is that normal?

Edited by NerfOnFier, 07 September 2008 - 11:46 PM.

#22 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:57 AM

IF you plug the pump, remove the ARs, drill a tiny hole in the plate behind the ARs, then add a 6-inch brass barrel and pump 20-30 times then you will get around 80 feet.

But he is not shooting each shot, all the barrels are going into 1. Which means when he hits the shotgun button 6 times the airflow is going into the barrel. I find this a very reasonable propisition. Now if only I could get mine to work decently.
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#23 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:26 AM

Unless my measuring tape lied to me then i'm hitting 90 to 95'. This is no lie. The hornet becomes very powerful when single.
And Imaseoulman to answer your question - I singled it because the shots weren't consistant, now they are extremely consistant. To fire it you hit the shotgun button.

Edit - The AR's were partially removed. I had removed the peg and some of the AR came out with it.

Double Edit - Just a side note, my hornet went fairly well stock. I just looked up some mods and people are saying 60ish with barrel replacement. Three words, WHAT THE HELL? I was getting 45ish stock with a micro, and I have witness'. Is that normal?

But he is not shooting each shot, all the barrels are going into 1. Which means when he hits the shotgun button 6 times the airflow is going into the barrel. I find this a very reasonable propisition. Now if only I could get mine to work decently.

No Tiny Tim, he is not gathering the flow of six blast chambers into one. He removed the other five blast chambers so that he is only pressurizing one chamber (remember when he said he cut the tubing and plugged five of them?).

I will just state now that I am skeptical of the performance, but I'm not saying it's impossible, especially if using the shotgun blast button and not the standard trigger. I will also say, however, that I think you're angling your shots, even if you think your shots are level, they're probably not. They may possibley be but, your ranges are a bit extreme. And no, 45' with a LEVEL shot is not at all normal for a stock hornet, or they would be one of the best stock blasters ever made. So are your shots level or angled?

Also, even if you have "mutant" hornet, the variation in hornets usually decreases after being modded. Yes, stock hornets vary quite a bit, some sucking completely and some being decent, but when modded, they all perform fairly similarly.

#24 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:29 AM

I perform shots from what I consider flat. From my shoulder height. And just because I didn't connect the barrels to the singled barrel, that doesn't mean it has less power. I'm still gathering up the same amount of air as I would for 6 shots.

#25 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

I perform shots from what I consider flat. From my shoulder height. And just because I didn't connect the barrels to the singled barrel, that doesn't mean it has less power. I'm still gathering up the same amount of air as I would for 6 shots.

No, you're really not, because of the fact that you're missing 5 of the air tanks.

The air for the Hornet is stored in the white bit directly behind the barrel, so since you took out 5 of those things from the system, you're storing up as much air as you would for one shot in a regular hornet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users