Doing Something Constructive: Video

NEW: Futureshop dicks over legitimate video posters,

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hey there ladies and gents. Just thought I'd start up a forum topic to drum up some publicity for a little movie myself and a few friends put together. This movie features the first ever footage of my LS Tactical going through some serious action. Anyway, you can find the vid here:

www.futureshop.ca/schoolritual

Plug "doing something constructive" into the "search videos" box and enjoy.

(alternatively just plug this in: http://www.futuresho...gon=&langid=EN)

Now of course I won't blindly direct you to the video, so first consider the following questions. If you answered yes to any of them this is your kind of movie.

+ Does the idea of wallpapering a cat put a smile on your face?
+ Do you like action packed gunfights using sound effects generated entirely by household objects?
+ Does having two of the same person on the screen at one time blow your mind?
+ Do insanely cool special effects turn you on?
+ Do you want to see the LS Tactical in "action"?
+ Do you think a guy in a sombrero saving the day is Effeminate?
+ Do you think using a tripod as a minigun is a neat idea?

Have a look and let me know what you think.

-Ta10n

P.S. This IS part of a contest so if you really like it be sure to vote for the video between Sept. 5-11, we would really appreciate your support. I'm not sure if the voting is open to residents outside of Canada, but if you're a canuck like I am make sure you check the vid out.

P.P.S. If this type of posting is extremely erotic I apologize beforehand.

NEW----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FUTURESHOP CONNECTION Sept 11, 2008

Okay guys, so this was the last day to vote for the video. In fact the winner was SUPPOSED to be named today. SO what happened? Well one person on the forum makes the comment that certain videos violate the terms that were set out to begin with (regarding copyrighted content and length, although the length comment had no merit). This complaint sparked more complaints about how certain videos should not have been in the top ten (our video was in the top ten). So what does Futureshop do? Instead of removing the rule breaking vids they decide, on the last day of the contest no less, to open up ALL previously submitted videos for voting, and to make all previous votes WORTHLESS. Futureshop broke the rules that THEY set (regarding dates and the function of the top 10), a dick move to say the very least.

The Futureshop forum is lit up with all the ticked off people (including me). If you were following the progress of the vid and think that a wrong has been done then post your comments on the Futureshop forum, and as always I appreciate everyone's support.

The forum thread is here:

http://www.futuresho...ump=true#M11926

The main video page:

http://www.futuresho...ogon=&langid=EN

-Ta10n

Edited by Ta10n, 11 September 2008 - 04:37 PM.

Primary: LS Tactical (http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12500)
Secondary: Clipped Maverick

Future Projects:

Doing something with my gutted SM5K

#2 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

I must have the I.Q. of a small nat, but I beleive that you gave us the wrong site. It seems like you showed us a shopping site, and I did enter your keywords in with no results.

Edited by Rogue Warrior, 29 August 2008 - 10:15 PM.

My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#3 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

I must have the I.Q. of a small nat, but I beleive that you gave us the wrong site. It seems like you should us a shopping site, and I did enter your keywords in with no results.

Tis a shopping site, a video contest on a shopping site :( Just tried the link and search myself and it worked ok. Make sure you scroll down to "search videos" Edited first post to clarify

-Ta10n

Edited by Ta10n, 29 August 2008 - 10:18 PM.

Future Projects:

#4 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

Ok, that was awesome. I think you and Captain need to team up to make some awesome videos.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#5 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

I must have the I.Q. of a small nat, but I beleive that you gave us the wrong site. It seems like you showed us a shopping site, and I did enter your keywords in with no results.

You must, because its gnat! :(
On topic: Yea, just scroll down and it's videos.
~~GamesRadar~~
Those of you who’ve never known the pain of hamster loss, just remember, your family doesn’t love you and there is no God.

LIVE Gamertag: CitrusyLimeO9. Its the letter o.

#6 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

I got it to work. Quite funny. Nice job.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

I can't tell WHICH ONE IS YOURS.

And at this point I don't give a shit.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#8 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

I can't tell WHICH ONE IS YOURS.

And at this point I don't give a shit.

The instructions were pretty clear Lynx :P

As I said plug "doing something constructive" into the "search videos" box

What's that old saying? No pain no gain? That seems to apply pretty well to this situation :P

-Ta10n

Future Projects:

#9 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:21 AM

I know that double posting is generally extremely erotic here at the Haven, but I figured this tidbit of information was worth bumping the thread up to the top of the off topic page.

Thanks to everyone who watched and enjoyed the video! We are now in the final ten, so if you enjoyed it do us a favor and cast your vote!

Head over here to vote or view the video: http://www.futuresho...ogon=&langid=EN

As I previously stated it is titled "doing something constructive"

Thanks again for your support guys, I really REALLY appreciate it

-Ta10n

Future Projects:

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

Wow. For the first time ever, I have actually laughed at a nerf video that was intended to be funny. Good job. I also have to commend your sound effects. That is a huge plus for me. In high school, my group in video class made a real-life version of doom, and we used the sound of a toilet flushing for the gun shots. The sound was augmented (played backwards and lowered pitch), and it sounded very close to an actual shot. Did you do your own music for this video too?
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#11 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

Wow. For the first time ever, I have actually laughed at a nerf video that was intended to be funny. Good job. I also have to commend your sound effects. That is a huge plus for me. In high school, my group in video class made a real-life version of doom, and we used the sound of a toilet flushing for the gun shots. The sound was augmented (played backwards and lowered pitch), and it sounded very close to an actual shot. Did you do your own music for this video too?

Yup, the music and sound effects (and special effects) were all made by myself and a friend. We did all the sound effects and music using an electric guitar, a steel bowl, a set of chopsticks, a cowbell, my LS, and of course our mouths (is that the plural form of mouth?). Glad you found it enjoyable, believe it or not my group in Grade 11 com-tech made a move with a Doom-ish scene as well. Although we just ripped sound effects and music off various internet and game based sources :lol:

-Ta10n

Future Projects:

#12 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Yup, the music and sound effects (and special effects) were all made by myself and a friend. We did all the sound effects and music using an electric guitar, a steel bowl, a set of chopsticks, a cowbell, my LS, and of course our mouths (is that the plural form of mouth?). Glad you found it enjoyable, believe it or not my group in Grade 11 com-tech made a move with a Doom-ish scene as well. Although we just ripped sound effects and music off various internet and game based sources :lol:

-Ta10n

Very excellent. I always made the music and sound effects for all of our videos too. The bathroom was our recording studio haha. It had awesomely weird acoustics. Talking about it has made me miss making those videos. My group was the oddball group of the class. The others usually spent about half an hour coming up with ideas and filming and then taking like four days to edit it, and the videos were terrible. My friends and I spent loads of time planning and filming, and then we edited it in one class period. We used corny(but totally awesome) special effects while filming. Sorry to hijack your thread somewhat.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#13 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

-Ta10n

Very excellent. I always made the music and sound effects for all of our videos too. The bathroom was our recording studio haha. It had awesomely weird acoustics. Talking about it has made me miss making those videos. My group was the oddball group of the class. The others usually spent about half an hour coming up with ideas and filming and then taking like four days to edit it, and the videos were terrible. My friends and I spent loads of time planning and filming, and then we edited it in one class period. We used corny(but totally awesome) special effects while filming. Sorry to hijack your thread somewhat.

Slowguitarman we must be related or something because that sounds EXACTLY like my high school video making experience. Although we didn't do recording in the bathroom, but we did have an Effeminate video where one of my friends beasted a giant bowl of cheerios in my shower, fully clothed, with the shower running :)

-Ta10n

Future Projects:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users