Photo

Assassin

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

I'm sure you are all aware of Nerf Assassin. I find that it is very, very fun, and was just wondering how some of you have run games in the past. One that I recently participated in was structured like so: 6 teams, 5-6 people each. The first round had 3 brackets of randomly selected groups of 3 teams who would face each other. Basically three 1v1v1's going on at once. The first teams to get eliminated in each bracket would go to the 3rd place bracket to compete against other loser teams. Second team to get eliminated would go into 2nd place bracket, etc. The winning teams of the second round brackets would win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place money depending on which bracket they won. To keep the game going, at least one kill was required by each team every week, otherwise a team member had to be sacrificed. There were some pretty lame rules, such as you needed to wear your team color to get a kill, shields are allowed, and no home made darts. It was still fun, and I was just wondering about some of the NIC's assassination experiences.

#2 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=12415&hl=

That's the rules for the version I will be starting at my university on Tuesday. Note that teams are neither banned nor actively supported. This makes for some fun politics: there's nothing to stop me from backstabbing my teammate who's in the lead.

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:25 AM

The rules.
No confederate nonsense here.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#4 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:27 AM

Interesting. I was thinking of creating a version that used smallish teams, because large teams seem harder to manage, and you get more money when you win. I kinda like the idea of no rules regarding team play.

#5 ibme

ibme

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:11 AM

Some friends at work are trying to put something very similar to this: http://www.streetwars.net/
"Beware of artists - they mix with all classes of society and are therfore most dangerous" - Queen Victoria

#6 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

That street wars thing looks awesome! Organizing something like that at school would be pretty metal. I'm going to try.

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

http://www.streetwars.net/

I officially approve of the 3 videos found on this link.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users