Also, when I started this project a few months ago, I wanted to make a working trap for indoor and thick woods games:
If you can make a trap that will actually work, I'd like to see it. Homemades are generally banned, unless they suck. If it won't do much damage it'll probably be ok. Realistically, cannons that take too long to prime are just as useless as traps. Finally, CS has used HPA for his MagStrike for a while. Those would fall under the the same regulations as homemades.
For all of this I had to come up with a few working plans, so I used templates to get sizes and functions. Here is the one I settled on:
Where the trap piece buckles under the curve of the shell would be a notch for a rigid piece to slide through and attach.
The solid piece would then have a hinge and the triangle it sits on would be angled, so transform into this when set up:
And the gun would be mounted onto that. And for the trap gun I wanted to use a SMDTG for the three shot shotgun and its paddle trigger. So I removed the ARs and trimmed down the nub in the second picture here:
I cut my pieces out of MDF, and made my notch. To attach the base plate, I used three cut down bolts with a fine thread. They matched the stock screw holes well.
Trap plate in:
Trap plate out (base plate is not screwed in yet):
This is where I left off for a while, leaving it in my unfinished projects pile. By replicating the trap plates and attaching whatever blaster to it, you could integrate any gun you want to adjust for anything you need.
Now to improve on the Manta internals.
In order to increase the rate of fire, I wanted to have each side be able to fire independently. And since I had to add another handle, this would prove to be relatively simple. I added 20lb picture wire to the trigger mechanisms, ran it through the center supports and out the stock trigger holes.
I also attached ˝” couplers on the insides of the barrels. This allows for Petg nested in pvc speed loaders. You can imagine what this looks like. It’s nothing special, just a new idea. I may secure these better with a screw later, as I don’t completely trust their hold (e-tape and goop).
For range, I did some new things. I added a layer of hot glue between the plungers and the barrels. I found that this was a weak spot for air flow. I relubed the gun as well. The new barrels I mentioned before should help considerably.
For a new handle I used the following:
˝” Endcap ˝” End cap Bolt Bolt ˝” Pvc section ˝” Pvc section ˝” Elbow--------PVC------PVC----------˝” Elbow
I ran the bolts through the shell in the appropriate places and secured them with nuts.
I also put Velcro on the back of the shell, and, attached via screws and washers, to the base plate.
These next pictures are of course with an unfinished paintjob. Here’s the gun finished and attached to my arm: The trap plate is cut down as I did not feel the need for it to actually be used as a trap often enough. It’s held in by the tightness between the plate and the shell, and by a single screw where the notch is. Unscrew the screw and pull on the plate and it will come out.
And here’s the swappable plate removed:
I don’t have my PETG yet, but will post ranges when I do. Oh and to fire it of course needs keyrings. I haven’t added them yet, as I’m looking for a better solution (no one really likes key-rings anyway).
This system can be used for a ton of different things. A 2k on one of these plates will allow for a few shots with good range, while the SMDTG provides three extra shots at medium range. You can even just take it off for more mobility. Range, speed, accuracy, ROF, you can have it all with just one screw and a decent supply of integration plates.
Alright. You're free to post now. Thanks for waiting.
Edited by Splitlip, 29 August 2008 - 07:51 PM.