Where do I begin?

18 replies to this topic

#1 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

Well, I don't know how to say this, but I have decided to put my name on the 2008 presidential ballot. I've always been very interested in politics, and according to those close to me, I ought to be a politician. As a joke, a friend of mine submitted my name on a couple of different forums a couple months back. After being flooded with messages/emails, I used the audience I had to share some of my political ideals. A "grass roots" movement began to show the bipartisan system how the American public really feels. I didn't think it was going to go anywhere until this showed up on a local news network. I now find myself with a platform of moderation and change launched against the bipartisan "Big Wigs."

You can see the news report here: Richard Gallant for President

Please show your support by commenting on the video!

Thanks to everyone!

Edited by imaseoulman, 28 August 2008 - 12:25 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

Well, I don't know how to say this, but I have decided to put my name on the 2008 presidential ballot. I've always been very interested in politics, and according to those close to me, I ought to be a politician. As a joke, a friend of mine submitted my name on a couple of different forums a couple months back. After being flooded with messages/emails, I used the audience I had to share some of my political ideals. A "grass roots" movement began to show the bipartisan system how the American public really feels. I didn't think it was going to go anywhere until [url="http://www.inews3.com/play.php?first=Richard%20Gallant&last=aka%20"imaseoulman""]this[/url] showed up on a local news network. I now find myself with a platform of moderation and change launched against the bipartisan "Big Wigs."

You can see the news report here: [url="http://www.inews3.com/play.php?first=Richard%20Gallant&last=aka%20"imaseoulman""]Richard Gallant for President[/url]

Please show your support by commenting on the video!

Thanks to everyone!

Cool! How do I comment on the video?

EDIT: I'm retarded :(

Edited by Blue, 28 August 2008 - 04:23 PM.

#3 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

How dare you photoshop my campaign adds. How dare you!

Phil Langley for President

Edited by Langley, 28 August 2008 - 12:39 PM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#4 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

How dare you sir! That is a horrible fake! You can even see some of the edited texts blurring on the moving shots of the bus and taxi!

You've stooped to a new low. I wouldn't have expect this...not even from you! MUCKRAKER!

Edited by imaseoulman, 28 August 2008 - 12:49 PM.

#5 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

I just don't know what to believe anymore.

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

How deep is my political disillusionment this year? I was actually disappointed that it was fake.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#7 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

This is definitely just some prank website where you put your name in, and it puts it into this movie. Would have been more fun had Langley waited a few days to put his in though : D.

Edited by doubleshot, 28 August 2008 - 12:57 PM.

92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Sorry guys, you have to be at least 35 years of age in order to be eligible for the office.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

Sorry guys, you have to be at least 35 years of age in order to be eligible for the office.

True, but that doesn't mean you couldn't get an amendment to the Constitution if you had enough supporters behind you. Anyone ever read "The Kid Who Ran For President"? I realize it's fiction, but it was still a cool premise.

#10 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

Who would ever beleive that?
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#11 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

Yeah, I thought of that as I was posting this, but I figured that most people here have no idea how old I am. Also, I wasn't really expecting anybody to believe it seeing as how it ends with "Trick Your Friends." It's just a fun internet novelty. When I first discovered this I first showed it to my wife after having typed in "Peter Wiggin." (Suffice it to say, we're both fans of the Ender's Shadow series). She had a good laugh.

Who would ever beleive that?

I didn't expect that anybody would, it was just a gag. Having said that, here's a quote from a different forum I posted this on:
"I was actually convinced until I typed my name in the url address, I feel kinda stupid now."

#12 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:35 PM

Had me fooled until I noticed that the images on the buses and signs were a little weird.

Reminds me of the church sign generator.
SexD Warves

#13 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

Pretty well put together nonetheless, seemed pretty real until I saw langley's video.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#14 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

I think I'll register Independent.... Nader!!!
Peter Wiggin... Ha. Can I be Suri???

Edited by Philote, 28 August 2008 - 03:54 PM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#15 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

I'd like at this time to remind everyone that NerfHaven has a strict ban on discussion of political threads. It's not why we're here, and the problem is further compounded when some of the most ardent posters can't even vote in the election. I leave you with the best quote explaining our reasoning for this:

Grinch. You're a kid. Any opinion you may have about the Economic and/or Political state of our Nation is irrelevant*. This isn't the Dumbfuck Junior High Debate Team. You are not the Congressional Comittee acting on behalf of the NIC. If you want to have pretentious teenager political debates, find a forum that caters to pretentious teenagers, maybe comrad lobster can help you with that. We grownups have plastic toys to discuss.

Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#16 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

I don't think you're going to win.

#17 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

I don't think you're going to win.

I don't know, I've been raising lots of support. This campaign could just take off!

#18 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

So this candidate most certainly qualifies.

Posted Image

He's got my vote! Sorry Soeul.

Edited by badger, 28 August 2008 - 11:28 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:23 AM

So this candidate most certainly qualifies.

Since Cthulhu DOES have the most experience and has been in multiple wars (one man might I add):

I would vote for him.

Edited by Lynx, 29 August 2008 - 06:30 AM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users