Pump Shotgun 2k Integration.

Write up

16 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

I love single shot spring guns. They are more simplistic and usually more reliable than most air guns I've ever used. But I think that it is safe to say that air guns have far more versatility when It comes to potential. Distance potential, ROF potential, and integration potential. The thing I love about springers though is the fact that no matter what size the springer, It always has a faster priming time than air guns. But enough comparison, they become great when paired together. A pump shotgun as my primary, and a 2k as a back up shot.

Cosmetics are a very important thing to me in nerf guns, so I always look to keep a very clean look with all my mods, so after some thinking I found the perfect way to integrate a 2k into/onto a pump shotgun.

Things you need-
- pump shotgun
- airtech 2000 internals
- a dremel
- your favorite type of adhesive
- 3/8" tubing (I'm not 100% sure, because I did this mod a while ago)
- hot glue
- a metal pin
- plexiglass

First off, I did Angels level 2 shotgun mod, except for adding a spring to the trigger which I did differently to make space for the tubing. Angels mod can be found here.

We are primarily going to be working on the stock of the gun, so I don't have any pictures of the front in this write up.

First you are going to need to make a "cross" cut in the back of the stock.
Posted Image

Next, you are going to need to make the hot glue in the handle sort of like angel did, except for where I positioned my tank, we need space in the back, So you are going to have to glue a metal pin to support the spring and still be able to have space in the back. I hot glued the pin a little, let it cool, then used some zap-a-gap and then repeated the process a few times. DO NOT ADD HOT GLUE ONTO WET ZAP-A-GAP, IT WILL CREATE TERRIBLE FUMES, I got some of the fumes in my eye once, and I had a sharp buring pain for about five minutes.
(This pic isn't too great.)
Posted Image

Next, you want to cut off the end of the pump handle at a slight angle, and replace it with some plexiglass. (or you can skip this step if cosmetics don't mean as much to you.)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next you are going to need to pick a spot for the tank, I chose on top of the gun for reasons I can't explain, I just bought another pump shotgun and I'm going to put it on the bottom where firing it would be much more comfortable. I initially glued it with zap-a-gap and the used epoxy putty for support.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now you need to make a hole in the shell of the gun for the tubing to pass from the pump to the air tank.
Posted Image

Now you can put in the pump and put the tubing through the hole.
Posted Image

Next connect the tubing to the air tank.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now you have a 2k as a back up shot for the pump shotgun that is very cleanly done, the pump is not sticking out in weird places that make it look very "fugly".

Sadly, this gun is still unfinished due to the fact that I cannot for the life of me find any neon blue paint anywhere, but all other components are finished and have been tested.

Here's some more pics for the heck of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#2 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

Edit: Nevermind, the pictures were loading a little slower on my computer.

Very nicely done. I agree, the combination of springer and air gun should be very effective. And that ERTL pump shotgun is a beast. I've been shot by one many times...

Edited by BlackFox, 27 August 2008 - 08:25 PM.

"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#3 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

Good job, but personally I like to put weapons on other weapons with opposite abilities. Like putting an AT2K on a RF20. I mean you're gun looks VERY clean and well done, but now you have 2 single shot long range guns in one. In my opinion, not a very effective primary. But again, not my choice, and great job!
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#4 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

Good job, but personally I like to put weapons on other weapons with opposite abilities. Like putting an AT2K on a RF20. I mean you're gun looks VERY clean and well done, but now you have 2 single shot long range guns in one. In my opinion, not a very effective primary. But again, not my choice, and great job!

It's nice to have guns that compliment each other, but I think this is an effective combination. While both are long range single shot guns, one is a backup shot. You use it to hold off anyone who rushes you while you're reloading.

It does the same thing as a partner, without the partner.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#5 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

Well I did this to the other shotgun. We could have a matching pair.
Posted Image
Haven't glued it on yet. The missile in front is a breech cover. Not a missile shooting shotgun.
EDIT:I also share your love of single shot springers. I had a marvelous salvo set up on this baby, but I blew up the tubing and I needed a back up for Sunday's war, so I stuck this on there.

Edited by doubleshot, 27 August 2008 - 08:42 PM.

92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#6 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

Thats really nice. Very clean.

I'd be cool if you could somehow make the pump handle a stock as well, but then you might not be able to pump as effectively, but just saying.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#7 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

I really like how clean that looks, that looks like a very effective weapon.

#8 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

Nice integregation, looks really clean and professional.

Are you finishing painting it right now? It looks pretty cool so far with the green white fade, so could you post some picts of the final project when you're done?

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

Nice work.
I always knew there was room to integrate a pump into there.

How did you make the ring for the tank?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

You know I was thinking, there might be room for another pump and another AT2K on the other side. so You'll have 2 AT2K's.... Sweet.

#11 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

You know I was thinking, there might be room for another pump and another AT2K on the other side. so You'll have 2 AT2K's.... Sweet.

With a Y splitter for the tubing yea, but the stock in either shotgun has no room for any more pumps. You MIGHT be able to fit 2 2k pumps into the rapidfire version (mine) but I currently have a titan pump in there.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#12 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

Cool, its a good idea to work with. but I have no ERTL guns or extra AT2K's lying around.

#13 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

I really like this. One question though; does the plexiglass make the stock uncomfortable?
~~GamesRadar~~
Those of you who’ve never known the pain of hamster loss, just remember, your family doesn’t love you and there is no God.

LIVE Gamertag: CitrusyLimeO9. Its the letter o.

#14 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:48 AM

Good job, but personally I like to put weapons on other weapons with opposite abilities. Like putting an AT2K on a RF20. I mean you're gun looks VERY clean and well done, but now you have 2 single shot long range guns in one. In my opinion, not a very effective primary.

Like BlackFox said, it's a back up shot. For wars, I'm going to use a flip barrel system and have this ready in case someone rushes me or I can't reload in time, I'm not going to fire the shotgun and then fire the 2k every time.

Well I did this to the other shotgun. We could have a matching pair.

It looks very functional, but the whole purpose of mine was to do it as cleanly as possible

Are you finishing painting it right now? It looks pretty cool so far with the green white fade, so could you post some picts of the final project when you're done?

Like I said in the original post, I cannot find any neon blue spray paint anywhere, but if you guys have any suggestions for other colors, that would be great, because I really want to get this bad boy finished.

How did you make the ring for the tank?

I cut a sliver of 3/4" pvc and made a small notch in the side, put it on the firing pin, and then used epoxy putty in the notch where the pin met the pvc. If i'm not being clear, I can post a pic if you want.

I really like this. One question though; does the plexiglass make the stock uncomfortable?

Well, for someone of my size, It doesn't really reach my arm pit all the time, and I don't try and make it rest against my shoulder because it would be uncomfortable to me to hold the gun that close and try to fire, but when I do put the stock against my body, it doesn't really bother me personally.

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

#15 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:10 AM

That is just beautiful. I hate messy integrations. In my book, if it isn't clean, it's not worth doing. I really have to get myself a pump action shotgun one of these days.... I need a good single shot back up springer that gets similar range to my xbow.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#16 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

Very nice integration! I did a sm750 + ERTL pump shotgun combo a while back, though yours looks way nicer than mine (I didn't bother to do the pump relocation to the stock like you did; nor is mine painted). One thing though that I prefer on mine over yours is that I added a thumb-activated trigger (an upside down trigger from another toy, installed where the rear sight is - simply connected to the SM750 pump via steel wire; ugly but it works well); I personally never liked the 'ring' triggers as they are pretty awkward to discharge without changing aiming/firing position.

In response to the comment by Banshee saying that he/she likes integrating blasters that are complementary - I agree - that's why I use the sm750 as for a 'shotgun' effect (I load multiple darts in the barrel) and I'm sure you've thought of this too.

anyway - good job.

--edit--
I am on crack... it occurred to me that of course I didn't do a pump relocation because the SM750's pump and tank are one piece... unlike the 2k that is described here. Anyway, the comment regarding the ring/trigger still applies...

Edited by ambushbug, 30 August 2008 - 03:22 AM.

#17 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

I agree with you ambushbug, I do not like that I have to remove my hand from the back portion of the gun to shoot the 2k, that is what I am working on with my next one, I plan to place the trigger just in front of the shotguns trigger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users