Simple Ls Brass Breech.

easy to do.

20 replies to this topic

#1 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

READ FIRST: I AM HAVING PROBLEMS POSTING THE UPDATED MS PAINT PIC> PLEASE BE PATIENT.

Ever since I traded for a longshot, I was thinking about how to deal with that stupid breech it has. I was thinking about doing an Angel breech first, but I don't really get how it works, and it involves buying too much brass. Then I looked at TIG's mod, which was simple, but some people had had bad results with it. I decided to invent my own using concepts from both, and here is what I came up with. I appologize for the crappy MS paint, but it really shows how it works.

Posted Image

This is how it works, unless you can't tell by the picture.

The main barrel is 17/32 brass, with tightening rings (black stripes on brass) 1/2 inch back from the tip. This barrel is fishin glued into the bolt. The other piece of brass, after the dart, is 9/16 with tightening rings 1/4 inch back from the tip. The brass, which is attached to the sled via epoxy putty, moves across the clip, catching a dart. The tightening rings on the 17/32 prevent the dart from going more than 1/2 inches into the tube. The 17/32 moves the dart up, into the 9/16, and into the tightening rings, which create a good seal on the dart. Then, the 1/2 inches of tightening ring free 17/32 goes into the 1/4 inches of tightening ring free 9/16, creating an airtight seal between bolt and dart chamber. I am in the process of building this, and will post official stuff when I get it fully complete.
Thanks

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 05 September 2008 - 07:56 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Maybe if the main content in your post wasn't a hanus MS paint pic I would read it.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

So the Angel Breech without the 1/2" Brass basically?

It looks like you just stripped the double size reduction out of the angel breech to save on brass.

Or am I not seeing something?

Maybe if the main content in your post wasn't a hanus MS paint pic I would read it.

Heinous. The MS Paint picture is heinous.

And you can do text in MS Paint, there was no need to try and write the brass dimensions with the pencil tool.

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Yes, that's kind of the general idea. The Angel breech is quite an intimidating project, due to the many sizes of brass required, and the somewhat vague instructions (to my slow minded opinion). This is more simple, and should have similar results.

Oh I didn't know you could do text in MS paint. I will go edit that now.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 05 September 2008 - 07:49 PM.

#5 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

Yes, that's kind of the general idea. The Angel breech is quite an intimidating project, due to the many sizes of brass required, and the somewhat vague instructions (to my slow minded opinion). This is more simple, and should have similar results.

just take fucking pictures dammit.

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

#6 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

I'll be posting a highly detailed and photo heavy guide to the Longshot in the next few weeks, this includes very detailed pictures about making the Angel breech.

Till I finish the paintjob for the gun though I won't be posting, the guide is mostly complete at: Longshot End to End Mod Guide on Flickr

Take a look at it and feel free to ask questions if I haven't explained something well enough, I want to make the guide as good as possible.

#7 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

My sister broke my camera. Paint is my last resort, Im sorry to have pissed you off with the MS paint, and I will be taking pics as soon as I get the camera fixed.

#8 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

My sister broke my camera. Paint is my last resort, Im sorry to have pissed you off with the MS paint, and I will be taking pics as soon as I get the camera fixed.

slap your sister and tell her that she'll never amount to anything because she's a woman.

You should have waited until you had pictures to post this thread though.

#9 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

They also have a straight line tool on MS so this squiggly stuff doesn't happen. Anyways I would just go with angels mod because I can understand it. If you can somehow make it any clearer I would rather do this because Split lip made me realize it would be hard to find darts to fit the 1/2" or whatever size brass it is in a war.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 05 September 2008 - 09:45 PM.

#10 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

I know I've said this before, and maybe I'm just gifted, but I've made two Angel Breeches now, and I haven't had much trouble with either. The first took me 2 hours, including time for the glue to dry (five minute epoxy) and the second took 30 minutes including dry time (five minute epoxy).
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#11 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

They also have a straight line tool on MS so this squiggly stuff doesn't happen. Anyways I would go with the complicated angel version because he always knows what he is doing and when he makes something he makes it to last but do whatever you want.

That's really hilarious actually. Like an overzealous supporter.. What other member do we see that a lot for? Hmm. I can't seem to remember. Something about whoring youtube videos.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy and a great modder, but as he puts it, the Angel breech was not his first attempt at a proper brass breech for the Longshot.

I unfortunately can't completely comment on the mod itself. It took me a solid four reads to understand what you meant, and I'm really good with this stuff.

I do know that you're going to need very specifically sized darts. And that's going to make just picking darts off the ground and firing them difficult.
Teehee.

#12 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

I get what you're saying, but really, Stephen Hawking could have done a better job on his computer.
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time
with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***,
Oakview CA 93022. You'll get paid after
we get back. Must bring your own
weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have
only done this once before.

#13 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

Thank you very much splitlip. I just tried it out with my darts, which worked fine, but then I tried one from the batch I got from scotch, and the tightening rings were too tight, and it fired 50ft, compared to 80-90. I have decided to make the expensive decision, buy more brass and angel breech my LS.
Thanks everyone for your imput.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 05 September 2008 - 09:55 PM.

#14 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

This looks alot like a cpvc'd longshot, so it cant take clips
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#15 cookiecrusher

cookiecrusher

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

Umm, did you read the title? Or even really pay attention to the information? He made a breech. That means he can take clips.

#16 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:32 AM

You made a wise decision. The Angel Breech is worth the extra brass and effort.

That said, I also tried to fashion a breech which wouldn't require more than two sizes of brass, and didn't work out either.

#17 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

slap your sister and tell her that she'll never amount to anything because she's a woman.

You should slap yourself and cry that you will never amount to anything because you are a belligerent bitch. Seriously, just chill out. Pictures would certainly be preferable, but since it's a variation of a very well documented mod, it's not really required.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#18 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

Umm, did you read the title? Or even really pay attention to the information? He made a breech. That means he can take clips.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10963
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10318
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13096

You'll notice in the links there are breeches, none of which take clips.

While msdfs did intend on his breech to use n-strike magazines, saying that all breeches use magazines is just plain wrong.

Edited by Galaxy613, 07 September 2008 - 04:26 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#19 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

Most breeches could be modified to accept a custom clip, all that was being stated originally (I assume) is that by doing this mod, you will not be able to use the stock clip. Feel free to try to design your own.

#20 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:09 AM

I believe that an angel breech accepts non modified LS clips, but I will check to be sure. I only have 1 recon clip, so I will be getting some more. I hope that miracle worker CS comes up with a homemade LS clip soon. I wish I had his tools, and his ingenuity.

#21 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

I believe that an angel breech accepts non modified LS clips, but I will check to be sure. I only have 1 recon clip, so I will be getting some more. I hope that miracle worker CS comes up with a homemade LS clip soon. I wish I had his tools, and his ingenuity.

Yes, the angel breech uses stock Longshot clips. The clip snaps over the top of the 19/32" brass.

The ideas he's having with the deodorant containers are looking promising so far, we'll see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users