Photo

Nerf Armor

15 replies to this topic

#1 nook

nook

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

I am creating a nerf armor suit (for those who have seen iron man it will be based on the suit he created in the cave.

So far i have very basic cardboard armor with a small spinning wrist shield, with a battery powered blaster that can be used with all the armor on.
I can't post a pic of it because i broke it to begin a second version.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

If the gun is innaccurate, make a longer barrel.
If the bullet doesn't come out of the barrel, get a new gun.

#2 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

Just to tell you before the Shit storm hits. Unless it is made out of manta ray shells it will not be able to be used in most games.

that being said if you are still building it I would suggest getting some 1 inch nylon straping for conecting parts at the joints.

#3 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Nobody uses armor at Nerf wars. But hell, if you can top this kid lets see it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#4 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Armor in it's vary nature is bulky and cumbersome. Very VERY impractical in a nerf war because you need to be as fast and agile as you possibly can. It'll take alot of persuasion and fives of dollars to bribe a game host to actually allow it armor properties.

If it's get gits and shiggles, then have at it.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Oh, my fucking god.

On the topic of the armor, I'll let you use it if you let me use a plugged singled titan.. Anti-armor gun versus armor.. Who will win? Either way, there's no drawback for me.
Teehee.

#6 cookiecrusher

cookiecrusher

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

That kid will die a virgin.

#7 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

Like everyone said, armor is not a good idea. A tactical vest maybe, I personally use one made out of duct tape and cardboard, but not for the purpose of defense. And believe me, there are plenty of people with anti-armor guns: BBBBs, Titans, converted waterguns to name a few...

Edited by Shadowblade, 26 August 2008 - 09:19 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#8 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

INB4 shitstorm. Don't make armour and expect to use it at any public wars not held by YOU.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#9 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Armor in it's vary nature is bulky and cumbersome. Very VERY impractical in a nerf war because you need to be as fast and agile as you possibly can. It'll take alot of persuasion and fives of dollars to bribe a game host to actually allow it armor properties.

If it's get gits and shiggles, then have at it.

Spoken like someone who has truly never worn or studied armour. In any combat, it is and has been necessary to be agile. A combatant is of no use if he is unable to maneuver and take part in the action.

That being said, armour is unnecessary for nerfing. It is another thing for you to worry about getting ready and destroying. It also could start arguments because you might not have felt a dart which hit you. Also, if you think the armour would be accepted by others as a way of blocking the darts so they do not count, you are sorely mistaken.

If you want to make armour just for fun, you might want to try chainmaille. It is sinple and cheap to make.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#10 PirateShow

PirateShow

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

If you want to make armour just for fun, you might want to try chainmaille. It is simple and cheap to make.

Particularly if you go for aluminum- you can make some spectacular costume pieces quite quickly, and it's really easy to work with. But as to Nerfing in armour... I can't imagine it being much fun, even if a group did allow it.
Biff! Pow! Whammo!

#11 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

Yea, I was thinking of making a suit of armor too, but really light weight and non-movement restriction. And since this is an armor thread, not to hijack the thread, but I thought I'd say my cousin's and my idea. We already have the design and planning done, we just need a lot of cardboard and duct tape. By the way, it's a spartan armor with a helmet. And before you say a helmet sucks, I thought how to make it more comfy an better for war. I will call it TSA-N: Tactical Spartan Armor- Nerf. It has ammo holders and a nitefinder holster. And we made a proto-type that works well. But it's not for large wars. Just community skirmishes of 3-5 people and for looks. And they're easy to make. We plan on making a lot for our neighborhood wars.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#12 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

Yet again thought the only "Armour plate" that is allowed at games would we a manta ray. but that would require you to find a good amount of manta rays and attach them together... Which if my hampster driven manta ray shell makeing machine works all I will need to do is get 17 manta rays and make me up some full plate...

But on the note of armour practicality. If you made armour that counted as such in a game you wouldn't have to worry about being that agile if the majority of the body hits on you would not count. For example a knight or a tank doesn't need to be agile because they can just shrug off most hits where as an APC or armoured car that has relativly little armour has to be agile so they can keep the strong part of thier armour to the enemy or get out of situations that are too dangerous.

#13 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:46 PM

But on the note of armour practicality. If you made armour that counted as such in a game you wouldn't have to worry about being that agile if the majority of the body hits on you would not count. For example a knight or a tank doesn't need to be agile because they can just shrug off most hits where as an APC or armoured car that has relativly little armour has to be agile so they can keep the strong part of thier armour to the enemy or get out of situations that are too dangerous.

Well I mean the hit still counts, because it's just on piece of cardboard and you can hear it hit, but the main reason is so that you're not in searing pain if you get shot by something particularly powerful and to have a pistol and ammo ready at hand.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#14 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

Yet again thought the only "Armour plate" that is allowed at games would we a manta ray. but that would require you to find a good amount of manta rays and attach them together... Which if my hampster driven manta ray shell makeing machine works all I will need to do is get 17 manta rays and make me up some full plate...

Sigh. One manta per person is generally enforced, as well as the rule that each has to be able to shoot. Oh, and most hosts generally specify no manta body armor. Go to a nerf war. Seriously. You'll see that it's pointless. Darts aren't that hard to dodge.
Teehee.

#15 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

I also wear armor (Dart Tag vest) for the pain reduction, because a BBBB shot from 5ft to the spine hurts like hell.
It makes the world go round.

#16 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:32 AM

Just...........no.
I hate you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users