Longshot Ar Removal Problems

I can't get it out

12 replies to this topic

#1 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

I just fixed my broken Ls, put in a recon spring with the original spring and painted it. But when I went to take out the AR it would not come out. I tried for a while with pliers then let my dad try. It STILL would not come out. Then I searched Nerfhaven and found keef's mod. I do not have the right tools for that and i cannot locate a dremel in my and my dads work space. Does any one how to get the AR AND peg out (although I would be fine with just the peg). Thanks
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

Well, if you don't have pipe cutters, its a little bit harder.

Before I tried doing that mod, I used a drill. I just drilled out the AR, and then drilled out the peg. It took a good 15 minutes, and was messy, but it worked.

Heres a little paint diagram I just made. Push the bolt back into the plunger tube, and then drill, so the drill can reach it easier.

Posted Image

CS- I only drilled because my wire cutters were too big to fit.

Edited by keef, 27 August 2008 - 12:15 AM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

Thanks keef. When I drill out the AR how do I get the peg out?
TNL,

#4 Red Storm

Red Storm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

I use small needle-nose pliers and grab on to the little pieces that connect the little round part of the AR to the wall, and then twist them each a few times, and they just brake. Thats what I do and it works everytime, and it only takes a few minutes. Then I just used the pliers the pull out the peg too. Hope this helps.

Edited by Red Storm, 26 August 2008 - 05:22 PM.

#5 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

A way I found was effective, was to take a long screw driver, and hit it with a hammer against the AR. It pops right out and your done.
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#6 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

I must got lucky because I did mine this weekend and I just went in with some needle nose pliers threw the plunger side and grabed the restrictor and it came right out with one good pull. There was verry little glue holding it in.

#7 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:53 PM

I took the plunger tube and used a long scissor to cut the plate and the AR fell out, then I used a long flat head screw driver and manually drilled the barrel post out.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:56 PM

Posted Image

You can cut those pieces with wire cutters instead of trying to drill them.
And once it's removed the AR will pop out.
The peg can be cut out using a small X-acto knife or chisel with a hammer.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 26 August 2008 - 11:57 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

Thanks to all. But I still cannot get the peg out and I need to seeing as I converted Most of my darts into stock stefans, so I only have a couple stream lines left. And I can't cut the peg with A knife very easily CS.
TNL,

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

Thanks to all. But I still cannot get the peg out and I need to seeing as I converted Most of my darts into stock stefans, so I only have a couple stream lines left. And I can't cut the peg with A knife very easily CS.

You wedge an X-acto knife or a chisel into the brace that hold the peg and then hit the back of the knife/chisel with a hammer.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 123nerf

123nerf

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

I just fixed my broken Ls, put in a recon spring with the original spring and painted it. But when I went to take out the AR it would not come out. I tried for a while with pliers then let my dad try. It STILL would not come out. Then I searched Nerfhaven and found keef's mod. I do not have the right tools for that and i cannot locate a dremel in my and my dads work space. Does any one how to get the AR AND peg out (although I would be fine with just the peg). Thanks

All I do is take a sharp knife and cut at the prongs. I've done this to both of my longshots and it came out within ten minutes. Hope that helps.
Yo Mamma's So Fat, when she tried on a pair of pants, the tag magically changed from "One Size Fits All to One Size Fits Most."

#12 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:53 AM

Don't necro, dumbass. It's when you take a topic that's over 1 month old and you post in it.
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#13 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

This is the second one of my noobish threads necroed. No further post or flames needed or wanted.
TNL,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users