Your Nerf Workshop

Show off your Nerfing Space

38 replies to this topic

#1 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

So, I've been building up my Nerf Workshop over the past few months and I would like to see where you guys do your nerf Modding.

I do most of mine in the Garage, but I make Stefans at my desk, less wind. ;)

Posted Image
My workspace, it's a giant mess.

Posted Image
Since I bought a 800' roll of FBR, I had to put it somewhere, so I hung it up, and created a little station where I could easily cut Stefans. The top board has a hole in it and the lower board is angled to guide the FBR down into an old mesh laundry bag that I can then just toss in the dryer to straighten out the darts. There's also a mark on the board in the back that tells me how long to make the pieces. Makes it easier to do the cutting.

Posted Image
That's pretty much everything I need to make stefans, except for a place to put them. The PVC+PETG trimming tool was inspired by the thread in the Mods forum.

Posted Image
I took an old piece of 2x6 board and drilled 5 rows of holes, I can fit a total of 125 stefans in there at a time.

Show off your workspace!

#2 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

Someone beat you to It.
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#3 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

Alright.
First picture:
Posted Image
My small arsenal. That's fine with me. My quality of my big projects definitely compensate for the lack in quantity. Also, I hate pistols sidearms. The ttg and Mav are my nephews (notice the ttg's awesome paintjob), and the Eagle Eye is for sale (link in my sig). The blotted out part is my insane pistol that's on hold until after my Vulcan and my Primary are done. The big shelf that's blotted out are all parts of my Longshot mod, which is currently yet to be posted.

Next:
Posted Image
I figured you don't need to see the shelves. It's all just my ebay stuff. You can see my stock of Angel FBR, my table saw and inherited collection of spray paint HA. Drill and dremel of course as well.

Posted Image
Here on the right you can see how I keep everything organized.. Velcro, springs, screws by type so on and so forth. Great system honestly. You can also see my radial sander that I just got up and running about last week. It helped a lot in making the drum magazine.

I use the crawlspace and piece of plywood to store projects. Put all of the parts on a board, and slide it in. The one editted out will not be done for a while. It's in queue behind the Vulcan, my Primary, my LS, and that pistol, and possibly a homemade. And covered on the page are some diagrams for the workings of my primary.

Last and best: My work tables.
Posted Image
Nice, huge 8'x3' worktop to the right there, which I use for my primary projects. Covered are my primary and my LS. You can see my drum magazine to the right. I mentioned before that my LS can use that magazine.
Off to the left is the miter saw work table, currently with a Manta Ray that I'll be giving a writeup some time this week. Also a big table, the ful size miter saw swings out of the way, and the table top raises and lowers.
My tool collection! Yay! I've got everything I need so far, and if I ever need anything else I rarely hesitate to go out and buy it. Just added a new 1" pipe cutter and that mini hacksaw on the far wall.

Sorry about all of the secrecy, but my Primary is going to completely change everything around here, I promise you that. I'm not going to let the secrets out until it's all done. It will have a huge writeup. As will the rest of them, save the LS. <- very late edit, this was all a mocking joke, that nobody seems to have gotten.

Nat, no one is going to bring back that thread. So no, he did just fine.

Quick edit: Lol. Retractable lanyards hanging from the ceiling and the stack of deoderant sticks made me laugh. You can also see I keep a supply of lots of plexiglass, plywood, and sheet metal.

Edited by Split, 17 June 2009 - 05:17 PM.

Teehee.

#4 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

I'll take some pictures of my shop and post them up in a second, but I have to edit out some of the projects in there..

Nat, no one is going to bring back that thread. So no, he did just fine.

You doing some top secret stuff for the Black-Hat-Nerf-Ninja squad? ;)

DAMN... What I wouldn't give for a workshop like that... Very nice. I look forward to your writeups.

Thanks.

Edited by hereticorp, 25 August 2008 - 02:13 PM.

#5 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

Now everyone gets to see how OCD I am! You ready for this?

Posted Image

There it is! A portable workshop. Just add table.

Of course, there are the essentials such as dremmel and accessory kit (on the left) but I condensed everything into four boxes: Tool kit, tools and parts, barrel materials, dremmel.

Posted Image

On the left is my toolkit. Never leave home without one kids. The right box has extra tools such as pipe cutters, small measuring tape. various adhesives. In this box, I keep the two random bags below it. My massive bag of random spring and my bag of random parts ie velcro patches.

Posted Image

Here are all my barrel materials and PVC fittings. Brass and PETG are in the box. The bags are pre-cut pieces of brass organized by one size per bag: 1/2", 17/32", 9/16" (always empty!), 19/32".
Oh, the bag separated from the rest is PETG bits.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go refold the laundry three times over.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#6 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

I cannot take a picture of mine, as I have no camera, but besides that, my workspace is not really a workspace. It's a tacklebox and a big box. It's my very own portable workspace. In the box I have my collection of guns. In the toolbox, my collection of screws that fell out of guns, some random assorted springs, cpvc couplers, craft utility knives, rasp, gloves, my screwdrivers, glue gun, glue sticks, and various spare parts. The box fits in any car seat, and I take both with me to every war. I can do work on top of the box or anywhere else. Lately, I've been working on a card table in my basement. But anywhere works.

EDIT: I guess BlackFox beat me to the whole, portable workspace thing. Oh well.

Edited by bartel, 25 August 2008 - 03:44 PM.

"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#7 Killzor

Killzor

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

My workspace consists of 3 parts:
1. A table upstairs in my garage, kept clean unless I currently have a project going on.
2. A box with all my guns in it.
3. A box with every supply I've used and stuff I might need eventually.
CDO, it's OCD but put in alphabetical order, like everything should be

#8 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

Wow! You could potentially make 4800 stefans with that much FBR.

#9 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

1. A table upstairs in my garage, kept clean unless I currently have a project going on.

Your garage is upstairs? Does your car fly?
(Sorry, couldn't pass that one up)
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#10 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

I'll upload a picture or two once my camera starts working, but for now I'll just describe it. I do pretty much all of my working at my desk, which is a 6 1/2'x2' piece of white laminate countertop on 3 drawer/cabinet stacks. It's got plenty of room for multiple projects as well as schoolwork, and the drawers provide plenty of storage for tools and supplies. I also have a workbench outside on the porch where I Dremel, saw, drill and epoxy stuff. I make stefans wherever there's a large enough flat surface and an electrical outlet.
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#11 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

Wow! You could potentially make 4800 stefans with that much FBR.

Well yes, if I cut exactly 2" for each. Sadly, this is not the case.

And it's for padding too, FA24 uses it to muffle firing action sounds in springers.

As it stands, I'll probably make 1500 or so stefans and use the rest for other purposes. Unless you want to buy 2000 of em. ^_^

#12 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

My nerf space consists of the a laundry basket and a large rubbermaid tub for all my guns and parts and my garage with all my tools and paints.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#13 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

I use my dad's shop. I have my own table consisting of a piece of plywood on two horses. But I work on my dad's workbench, the table saw, the miter bench, and the floor. I also have an "art center" out of the shop where I do most of my gluing/ dart making. I also have a bunch of bin lids, each with their own project that I can move around to wherever I want to work. I also have the recycling bin in the garage that I pull outside to paint on.

Posted Image
My workbench. I keep all my parts and current projects on or around it when I'm not working on them.

Posted Image
Miter bench, where I keep all the things I am/ going to cut.

Posted Image
The floor, where I do most of my assembling/ testing.

Posted Image
The neatness. (I just cleaned that morning) In it is my dad's bench with the vice where I do most of my working.

Edited by Lt. Stefan, 25 August 2008 - 10:02 PM.

#14 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Your garage is upstairs? Does your car fly?
(Sorry, couldn't pass that one up)

I know you were joking, but some houses, such as those built on a hill or with a bottom-story below ground level can have an upstairs at about ground level. Our friends who moved to Tennessee have something like that.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#15 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

WARNING: WHAT YOUR ABOUT TO SEE IS VERY MESSY!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks messy, cause it is messy! But this is were I work, and I;m fine with it.

Edited by ice, 25 August 2008 - 11:08 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#16 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:12 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

I am still sorta new to becoming a modder so I usually just work in my room but I do have a worshop on its way.

http://s525.photobuc...ent=Photo27.jpg

Thats my workshop that is coming together
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#18 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

I work in my parent's storage room, which has a surface area of about 15ft max. ITS TINY!!!!! I have no room to store bigger guns, so I had to make more space by throwing out a lot of misc. junk I had lying around to accomodate the longshot I have coming in the mail. I will post a picture when I get my digital camera fixed. I lent it to my stupid sister(aka my new range testing target) who jammed the battery in backwards, so it is busted.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#19 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

I do all my modding in my room (unless I need to use powertools.)
Posted Image
It really is due for a cleanup soon.
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#20 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Fully equipped workspace complete with Target brand rotary tool, screwdrivers, all kinds of glue, soldering iron, silicone spray, tape, and all sizes of PVC and CPVC. And, just for Dark Shrimp:
Posted Image
My turtle.

#21 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

Mine's in my basement.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I eat down here.

Posted Image
Screws, hot glue, and assorted barreling material.

Posted Image
Pre-cut FBR.

Posted Image
Boxes holding blasters.

Posted Image
Spray paint and sander.

Posted Image
And across my basement is my test fire target!

Edited by Echnalaid, 26 August 2008 - 11:40 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#22 orogomi ninja

orogomi ninja

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

WARNING: WHAT YOUR ABOUT TO SEE IS VERY MESSY!

Posted Image

It looks messy, cause it is messy! But this is were I work, and I;m fine with it.

wow uni you weren't kidding-youch did a hurricane run your room over? ^_^ :lol:
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 23 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Thats the way I do it. Use a rag with some light fast rubbing.

Sometimes I hate my uncontrollable imagination....

#23 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

wow uni you weren't kidding-youch did a hurricane run your room over? ^_^ :lol:

Clean uo your grammer, punctuation, and spelling. I see you are one of the people directed by ice to NH. Welcome anyway.
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#24 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I prefer being relatively neat.

#25 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Holy Shit. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to work in a clean and organize work space? I'll have to take some photos when the sun comes up again and show you how it's done.
I hate you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users