Photo

At2k Questions

9 replies to this topic

#1 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:08 AM

How long should the AT2K's barrels be? Im considering 12 inches. I'm using PETG, with a pen inside the turret for stability, the standard duct tape wrapped around, and with the pump lugged. Just thought you'd like to know my motives.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#2 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:23 AM

How long should the AT2K's barrels be? Im considering 12 inches. I'm using PETG, with a pen inside the turret for stability, the standard duct tape wrapped around, and with the pump lugged. Just thought you'd like to know my motives.

12 inches is probably a bit too long. Anything over 9" is probably not helping you much and 6" is the shortest you'd want to go. Singled, you might get away with 12" but even then 9" would probably do the trick. I'd say start with 9" and go from there, you can always take more off. Just for the record, I typically use 6".

Edited by imaseoulman, 25 August 2008 - 05:25 AM.

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:33 AM

Thanks. I'll use 7 inches.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

12 inches is probably a bit too long. Anything over 9" is probably not helping you much and 6" is the shortest you'd want to go. Singled, you might get away with 12" but even then 9" would probably do the trick. I'd say start with 9" and go from there, you can always take more off. Just for the record, I typically use 6".

I tried a 12" barrel on a singled one the other day, its too long. The dart came out ridiculously slow, and I was like "Why does everyone like these so damned much?". Needless to say the barrel is about 8-9" now.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#5 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

I tried a 12" barrel on a singled one the other day, its too long. The dart came out ridiculously slow, and I was like "Why does everyone like these so damned much?". Needless to say the barrel is about 8-9" now.

Yeah, occasionally you can get away with it, but like I mentioned, I use 6" when quadded and I wouldn't go over 9" singled.

#6 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:26 AM

SInce this is a AT2K questions thread I thought I'd post mine also.

How does someone generally load a long barrel thats not a breech? A ramrod?

Also I ripped the goo thing off mine and absolutely covered the theing with hot glue. I check for leaks, fix them, and everytime they're in a new place. This has led me to believe somethings blocked, and I wanted to know how I could possibly fix this problem.

#7 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

SInce this is a AT2K questions thread I thought I'd post mine also.

How does someone generally load a long barrel thats not a breech? A ramrod?

Well it could be a coupler and not just a long barrel. Couplers are long barrels that are detachable and you manually feed the dart into the end of it that goes into the gun so it travels through the entire barrel when fired.

Yes, ramroding is used sometimes. I even use it on my NF sometimes.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#8 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

Also I ripped the goo thing off mine and absolutely covered the theing with hot glue. I check for leaks, fix them, and everytime they're in a new place. This has led me to believe somethings blocked, and I wanted to know how I could possibly fix this problem.

What do you mean you think something's blocked?
Yes, that goo gauge is a pain to deal with. Try this mod. That way you get rid of the gauge completely.

I did this in a different way. Instead of finding smaller ID tubing, I just dremmeled the hole a little wider.

Oh yeah, and don't use hot glue to fix leaks.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#9 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

I got rid of the goo guage completely. I think something is blocking the path to the air tank because whenever I fix a leak, a new one pops up that wasn't there before, all the while no air is making it into the tank.

#10 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

Sounds like to me you need something better than hot glue. By nature, hot glue is not airtight. Take it all of and use some Plumber's Goop. I always take off the goo gauges on my 2ks, so I'm speaking from experience here.
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users