Help

front integration mod

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_metsgorock_*

Guest_metsgorock_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

Hi Everyone
I tried to use a string and attach it to the trigger but it wont work. I use a fish wire like forsaken angel. The main problem is that it won't flow smoothly. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried to do the modification the keyring way and the wire keeps on getting stuck. I will open up my gun which will be a pain in the ass and take some pictures for you guys to help me. I just want an easy simple way to solve this problem. I don't want to go out and by all this crap for my gun.Here are some pictures to help. The main problem I think is the orange thing that goes over it pulls the string back so the trigger can't go foward.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by metsgorock, 29 August 2008 - 10:47 PM.

#2 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

Pictures are the only way were going to be able to help you with any efficiency.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:08 PM

Specify. You mean a Longshot front gun integration? If it's that, don't attach it to a trigger. Make it key ring fired.
Posted Image
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 Guest_metsgorock_*

Guest_metsgorock_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:06 AM

Specify. You mean a Longshot front gun integration? If it's that, don't attach it to a trigger. Make it key ring fired.
Posted Image

Yeah I meant longshot front integration mod. Dont you think it is nice to have the string attached to the trigger?

#5 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:42 AM

When you quote someone, delete all the unnecessary stuff before you post a response. You didn't need to repost the picture. To be honest, you probably didn't need to quote him at all.

Anyway, whether you connect the integration to the LS trigger is a matter of personal preference. It looks nicer that way, but both shots will fire at the same time if both are primed. That could be seen as a benefit, but if you want to use a backup shot, you have to leave it uncocked until you are ready to use it.

Using a key ring trigger allows both to be cocked and fired seperately.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#6 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:49 AM

Yeah I meant longshot front integration mod. Dont you think it is nice to have the string attached to the trigger?

I should have a nice little write up/post when I get my new LS boltsled (I'm just gonna raid my friends basement for it). You can follow that. Should be up in a week, at minimum. My friend's in Asia so I need to wait till he gets back.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#7 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

To answer your question you should take some small tubing and route the wire thru that so it doesn't get caught up on any of the internal bends. Myself I used small acrylic tubing and heated it to make it bend to smooth out the internal contours of the gun and make the trigger pull much smoother.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#8 Guest_metsgorock_*

Guest_metsgorock_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

To answer your question you should take some small tubing and route the wire thru that so it doesn't get caught up on any of the internal bends. Myself I used small acrylic tubing and heated it to make it bend to smooth out the internal contours of the gun and make the trigger pull much smoother.

Would a straw work

#9 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

Not sure how many twists there are in the internals but a... *ahem* bendy straw would work, as long as there are only one or two twists that the string has to navigate to get to the trigger.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#10 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

Not sure how many twists there are in the internals but a... *ahem* bendy straw would work, as long as there are only one or two twists that the string has to navigate to get to the trigger.

You people all have the most appropriately timed posts for your names :D The bendy straw idea sounds like it wouldn't hold up too long to time in my opinion, but I haven't tried it before. I'd go with the acrylic tubing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users