Quick Longshot Clip Mod

Do it!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

You know how on the Longshot you have to hold the switch on the side, then pull out the clip? Well I found that hard to do because I have small hands. So for my first post/topic/write-up, I have a really quick mod to solve that problem for those younger nerfers and some older ones to make your Longshot more practical for war.

You will need:
A clip
Hacksaw/Bread Knife

Take your clip
Posted Image

See how it's a square shape thing? That's what makes it stuck to your blaster. Now take your bladed tool and cut the top tip at about a 45 degree angle.
Posted Image

Here's what it should look like when you're done.
Posted Image

It's quick, simple, and efficient. Now you just have to yank it out, but your bolt still has to be pulled back. Hope this gets into the directory!

Any questions?

Edited by Echnalaid, 28 August 2008 - 12:07 AM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#2 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

Do you thing It will damage the clip tooth over time?
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

Do you thing It will damage the clip tooth over time?

I actually did this mod a year ago, And my clip tooth is still in perfect condition.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 orogomi ninja

orogomi ninja

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

Brilliant!

I hated using my buddies LS for that same reason.

good idea
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 23 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Thats the way I do it. Use a rag with some light fast rubbing.

Sometimes I hate my uncontrollable imagination....

#5 1000 Zombies

1000 Zombies

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

And if you take out the clip lock from inside your gun, you wouldn't even have to pull the bolt back! I might try this, because I'm left handed, and it's slightly awkward to release the clip. Nice work.
WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS BRUTALLY OVERUSED!

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

And if you take out the clip lock from inside your gun, you wouldn't even have to pull the bolt back! I might try this, because I'm left handed, and it's slightly awkward to release the clip. Nice work.

But if you just remove the clip lock entirely, the clip will just fall out of the gun when you pull the bolt back.

With both my recons, the clips just fall out if you have the bolt back and you push the clip release. The Longshot doesn't drop clips like that, but I could still see them falling out if you're running around.

Echnalaid's solution fixes the problem without allowing the clips to just fall out of the gun.

However, I won't be doing this to my clips. My hands are fucking huge, and I don't have any problems with the clip-lock button. :D

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users