Which Gun?

To balance to my arsenal

27 replies to this topic

#1 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

Well I sort of want to expand my arsenal but I dont know which gun to buy. So far I have about $50 and minimal amount of modding capabilties. so any ideas?

My arsenal so far:
-RFR
-Double shot (shell-less)
-3 Nitefinder(single shot)
-BBB (loser)
-Over-under
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

A Vulcan, and make it the most awesome gun ever. It will fix your ROF deficiency. And bring you up from making which gun is best threads.

Edit: I thought you would say that. It is a best gun discussion, even if it's a "best gun for me" subject.

Edited by Splitlip, 22 August 2008 - 04:44 PM.

Teehee.

#3 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

Well it's not really a "best gun" discussion...oh well.

Where would i get a vulcan in Canada?
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#4 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

You need an air gun of some kind for distance. Get a 2k or sm1500 if you can find one. More importantly, learn to be good with what you have. It's the nerfer that makes the difference, NOT the guns.

Don't get a Vulcan, you'll never use it in a real war. N-E-V-E-R.
I hate you.

#5 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Would a Big Blast work? or do you know a really material-free way of modding a longshot?
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#6 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

A big blast would work very well. There are low-mat mods for the ls, but they aren't that great.

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

If you turret a big blast for ROF, then yes. Oh yes. And there isn't really any way to mod a longshot to get ranges above 50 feet without some heavy modding. (breech (barrel) replacement, spring addition, reinforcement, the works)
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:44 PM

So any other guns to suggest? cause if not im going to try to get a big blast

and thew guys just looking at the topic...just say something random thats somewhat on topic

Edited by k9turrent, 22 August 2008 - 04:46 PM.

QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#9 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

An air gun is definitely the way to go. As for which one, that's up to you. My personal favorite is the SM1.5K, because I enjoy taking on multiple opponents and need a couple of back-up shots. An AT3K isn't bad either but I like the 2K better. The 2K is affordable and efficient...highly reccomended.

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

Go with the Big blast and do a flip barrel mod. I'm just not a fan of the multi-barrel guns.
I hate you.

#11 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

Well this depends on your style, Are you loser or are you a gunner, Are you looking for a new primary or a good secondary/sidearm, This all depends give use that information and i think it would be much easier to answer your questions

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 22 August 2008 - 05:07 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#12 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

well since I usually end up loaning guns i guess after a good primary but my gunning style is still undiscovered lately though its more of the mid-range type of thing well you know its fun picking people off one by one...but its still funny to see them being hit with a crap-load of darts :P

and i need some thing to counter my friend's recon
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#13 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

I would say to get an At2k in there. once you plug the pump and replace barrels you will have some great range with a decent ROF.
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#14 Darth Gram Gram

Darth Gram Gram

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

and i need some thing to counter my friend's recon

Would you happen to be playing indoors?
If so, then a Vulcan would do just fine. If you're outside, then a Recon shouldn't be a problem at all.

Edited by Darth Gram Gram, 22 August 2008 - 05:37 PM.

QUOTE(Brunta @ Aug 21, 07:52 PM)
I'm actually really excited about these. These may be small but I think they will be very useful when I use my ninja skills.

#15 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

well we wage war in my area which use a section of a mall that is under construction and the parking lots... so it really depends
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#16 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

I don't want to say that it's wrong to choose a gun that suit's your style of play.

I do however think it's more important to choose a gun based on where you play. More info on where, and in what kind of situations your friends play will be a lot more helpful IMO. I would not reccomend a Big Blast when you play in tight, urban areas, nor would I reccomend a RF20 if you play open-field style.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#17 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

Well this depends on your style, Are you loser or are you a gunner?

I LOVE that filter. added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole. Anyway I recommend an At2k, BBB with Cpvc barrel and restrictor removal, or just arm yourself to the teeth with heavy modde NF's.
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#18 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

well I usually play in a an area with a lot of cover but with long sight lines.....but I still think a long-range gun would work.so other than big blast anything else?
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#19 Darth Gram Gram

Darth Gram Gram

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

Well in that sort of area a Titan modded with a "shotgun" barrel should do just fine.

A Big Salvo is another recommendation.
QUOTE(Brunta @ Aug 21, 07:52 PM)
I'm actually really excited about these. These may be small but I think they will be very useful when I use my ninja skills.

#20 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

For that, i think i would get a longshot. Mine has a recon spring addition and gets about 40-45 feet.

I don't want to hear any flames for that either. I'm broke, so thats all i can afford.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#21 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

well im not flaming you for the ranges but i already have 100 stefans and i heard that normal stefans dont fit in the longshot and i still dont have money for high-mat mods
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#22 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

I recommend a Big Blast. Under $10. Over 100 feet. And easily modded!

#23 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:15 AM

GET A 750. WITH BRASS AND SHIT.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#24 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

The BBB's are pretty nice- if you take out the AR and add a barrel you'll get decent ranges.
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#25 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:56 AM

The BBB's are pretty nice- if you take out the AR and add a barrel you'll get decent ranges.

SHIT TYPO. HE MEANT GET A 750. WITH BRASS AND SHIT.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users