Photo

Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

152 replies to this topic

#101 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:43 PM

I don't know man, She's pretty stressed right now. I'll talk to her about it, but if I don't reply it's because she tore me head off and ate it.

If she says yea, then you should drive down and take a look at it before we plan anything.
My children...They beat me...

...with sticks and buckets.

My wife...she is hairy...

...like sasquatch.

#102 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:15 AM

Dude it's fucking on at your house man, sounds awesome. Let us know if she doesn't feed you your own gonads.

Other than that I don't fucking care WHERE the war is, I just NEED one. I'm all for Bonelli park, we just need to find (and decide on) a relatively deserted area so we don't get kicked out.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#103 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:32 AM

I'm perfectly fine with Bonelli. Looks like a sweet place to nerf, and its kinda close to my house.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#104 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:12 PM

Can somebody tell me exactly what happened at Venado that is keeping us from going back?
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#105 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:39 PM

A teacher came out of his room and told us that we had set of his alarm (why was it on if he was working inside?). He also told us that people had set around a hundred fires at the school during the last year or so, people were racing pickups between the portables which are about 6' apart, and that the cops were just dragging people off to jail if they find them there.

Of course we don't believe 90% of what he said, BUT a representative of the school DID ask us to leave. The upside of Venado is that the school is adjacent to a park - where we actually play many of our CTF wars anyhow. So if they did kick us out of the portable area, we could move to the alamo or the CTF area or a playground.

Personally, I think Venado is still the best area we've found. It's got lots of space, almost no people, and we've only had one negative run-in over the course of dozens of wars there. We could start in the urban area and if someone has a fit, move elsewhere.

It would be helpful if we had a completely different location that's within a short drive of Venado as backup however. That time they were tarring the roof really sucked.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#106 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:56 PM

Guess what? I broke my fucking wrist in two places!! I'm ouy of the war, sorry kiddies.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#107 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:16 AM

~snip~

Venado sounds fine. Why don't we just try a war there, and if we get kicked out, we can just retreat to the park.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#108 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:33 AM

I dunno I'm starting to agree that Venado is still the best option. The big playground there sucks, but I could play CTF just about all day and be happy, and the Alamo CAN be fun, we just need to devise some new wars for that place.

Other park in Irvine is Castle Park, where some of the old LANOs were held. The place is AWESOME, better than Venado, but problem is that we got kicked off a lot because the community center is right next door. If there aren't many of us, or if the park's not crowded, it'd be ok. However if we're talking 12-14+ and on a Saturday afternoon, we probably wouldn't last an hour.

Honestly I don't know how much scouting I'll be able to do before the war. I'm 1st Assistant Director on a shoot the next two weekends (I'm taking the day off for the war), and it's hard to get down there on the weekdays. I'll try though.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#109 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:42 AM

Alright, done and done.

We stick with Venado until the cops haul us out.

Saturday the 28th, 9-5. We'll break for lunch around 12:30 or whenever a war ends close to then.

Be there before 9 if you want to make the first war cause we're gonna roll on time.

No eyewear, no play.

Bring your own darts and guns, sunscreen, bottled water, and preferrably a backpack or something to hold your shit over by whichever area we're in.

Don't bring your homemades, flares, military-style clothing, or dick friends.

Hell Yeah!

Who's in for sure? Grinch? Ice Nine? Spoon, et al? Fresh headcount!

#110 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 01:43 AM

Alright here's the updated count:

Me, Jordan, Jason, Matt, Phil, and possibly one other person. So 5 for sure, maybe 6.

#111 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 01:53 AM

Mario is 90% or better so with me that's 7-8 people.

#112 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:56 AM

Well shit.

Phil can't come after all, and Matt has work 10am-3pm so may only make it the last two hours.

Oh wait! Hubbard can come though, thats good.

#113 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 10:30 AM

Right now it looks like Jon, Mark, Brendon, and maybe a guy named Jeff.

Steve's out do to unpreperation, and I'm out do to my arm.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#114 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 01:57 PM

Yes, yes, I'm totally up for it, but what is the address of Venado? I need to Mapquest it for directions.
Oh, I'm bringing a friend and my dad would possibly join in one or two battles.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#115 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:29 PM

Alright then, we're lookin at 12 including Ice Nine's dad.

Venado is at 4 Deerfield, Irvine, CA 92604

Mapquest knows where Deerfield is but doesn't have address information for that street (it will give you a spot North of Culver rather than South) so here are some directions to go with the map:

Exit the 5 fwy at Culver and head west.
After 1 mile, turn left on Deerfield.
After 900 feet, find Venado on your right.

Park in the lot off Deerfield OR continue through the lot and park next to the tennis courts and find us at the tables between the two parking areas.

Hey hey, just look it up on maps.yahoo.com, they have the correct street information.

If you get lost, call my cell: 909.964.2296

#116 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 04:36 PM

Shortshit is coming for sure, just talked to him.

#117 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 06:37 PM

I'm almost certain I'm coming. But I still have to talk my mom/dad into it.

I'll probably be bringing a friend.

Now then, how far would Irvine be from the San Fernando Valley? As in, the Northridge area.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#118 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:18 PM

~65 miles.

You should plan on a bit over an hour for your commute, depending on how far from the freeway you are. Just take the 5 south and you'll run into Irvine pretty quickly.

If your parents are willing, they can drop you off at my house near the 60/57 interchange and I'll take you the rest of the way and drive you to lunch. They'd have to pick you up from my place around 6PM if they wanted to do it that way. If they'd rather not, I completely understand though. If they want to talk to me about it, PM me for my phone number - Groove had his parents talk to me before he flew out for Armageddon.

#119 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:07 PM

Just making sure thats its on the 28th; many of you know I've messed this up before. Sounds good though.
Happiness is a foam gun.

#120 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 10:51 PM

Yes, it's on the 28th.

2 Cxwq
4 Spoon
3 SD
3 Ice Nine
1 ShortShit
2 Aquabat
2 Grinch

17, plus or minus.

That will be enough to guarantee at least a dozen actually show up. Should be a good war.

It will be nice to see some new faces out there.

#121 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 02:29 PM

as of right now I am for sure a go, unless my brothers car decides to die on me again. Its only happened twice in the last month and I just took it to the shop so it should be OK. I have to go get some sunglasses, but I dont have darts. Is it really now required to bring your own?
~SS

#122 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 02:38 PM

Now required? It's always been required though that never stopped you from ignoring the rules.

Glad you're coming! There's always the box of crap darts...

#123 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:00 PM

I'm trying my best to get over there, but my parents are very paranoid about me hanging out with people I've never met in person.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#124 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 04:54 PM

Okay. Here's the deal on my arrival:

My dad talked to Kevin today. My dad said he felt comfortable with the situation, and agreed to take me the weekend.

He's still a bit unhappy about having to sit around all day, but, what the hell. I'm still trying to convince Spanky (webmaster of NHQ) to go along to YANO. He lives about ten minutes away from me.

You guys are going to freak out when you realize how short I am.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#125 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:26 PM

He's still a bit unhappy about having to sit around all day

Bring an extra gun or two for him.

Edit: Since there are going to be some new people (and Grinch's dad asked about this), I'll review the allowed armaments list.

All guns must derive their power from a Nerf-like air source. This includes, and is limited to, guns intended to fire foam projectiles. All modifications are allowed as long as the air source (air tank or plunger tube) is original. Homemades, by this definition, are implicitly disallowed.

Exception 1: The SM5k air tank can only be used with a stock or PVC barrel.

Exception 2: Any gun determined (by me) to be as powerful as a brass modded SM5k will be disallowed.

All darts must be weighted with smooth surfaced objects, in case of ejection. Prohibited weights include, but are not limited to, screws, thumbtacks, and powershot loads. All weights must be completely covered with hot glue. If I find a dart with exposed metal, I will warn the owner to check all of his darts. If I find another one after that warning, you're done for the day.

I will make no exceptions to the eyewear rule. I don't care if you wear ski goggles, sunglasses, safety shields, or eyeglasses as long as they are covering your eyes at all times during a war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users