#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

I just got these today.
Posted Image
I will be cpvcing it later today.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

It looks bigger then the Longshot front gun, so therefore maybe better ranges. Awesome. Looks good.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#3 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

Cool..how much was it?
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#4 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

They are 4 in a pack for $20.00. Here's a link to Hasbro:

http://www.hasbro.co...roduct_id=22572
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#5 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:55 AM

Wow, the mods for this write themselves. Wire and/or electrical tape around the plunger, CPVC, and possibly some kind of mod like OfAll's for the recon, or it could just be banded. That thing is small as hell. I wouldn't get too excited though, that's basically a Recon without the boltsled and stuff.

#6 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:00 AM

If you can get more than 30 feet out of them, you could use them as easy integrations into a longshot, instead of the front gun. I might just have to do that if I get a longshot.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#7 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

They get 30 stock, are quite comfy, has an expendable handle in the bottom which also holds a dart, and is quite small. I love these things. I'm working on cpvc, but there hard to put back together. There very precise.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

Hmm, as expected it's basically the Recon plunger tube. Really hard to do any kind of barrel replacement due to the space limitations of the design.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 21 August 2008 - 12:35 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

If I get one I'll probably brass coupler it like my Nitefinder it'll be a pain though.You might squeze 60 out with hot glue weited stefans theytend to get better range and with a good dome pretty good accuracy.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 21 August 2008 - 01:09 PM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#10 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

Dude, you must be rich because I saw your youtube videos, and you have like 3 different longshots, and others things, a crossbow, AND a plusbow. Lucky rich bastard. Back to topic, I knew it would be like that. I don't really expect much, but by looking at the spring, it could surprise me. Looking forward to the mod.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#11 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

Damn! 30 feet stock?! That is flat, right? Or is that arced ranges? I am so going to spend 20 bucks on a pack of these when they hit stores.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#12 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

If I get one I'll probably brass breech it like my Nitefinder.

You might want to stop using that word until you actually learn what it means.

:huh:
Also I like inverted plungers.
Fine I'll edit it.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 21 August 2008 - 01:08 PM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#13 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

Also I like inverted plungers.

I'm gonna have to say that this makes you an anomaly among nerfers.

#14 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

Appears to me that the only similarity to the Recon is that the tube is exposed. I think the comparison to the LS front gun is much, much stronger. Barrel replacement will be very much like with that one.

It has an inverted plunger and the barrel is nested into the reversed plunger head. There's not enough material to remove to fit a replacement barrel inside of the stock one. If you added a barrel ahead of the stock one you will have a great deal of dead space that will inhibit the performance of the blaster.

While it does have a slightly larger plunger, it still has the negative design aspects that make the LS Front gun difficult to modify effectively.

In other words, I don't like it and won't be buying any.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#15 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

Dude, you must be rich because I saw your youtube videos, and you have like 3 different longshots, and others things, a crossbow, AND a plusbow. Lucky rich bastard. Back to topic, I knew it would be like that. I don't really expect much, but by looking at the spring, it could surprise me. Looking forward to the mod.

I'm not in the least bit rich. I sell alot of my guns on ebay, and they go for very high prices thanks to my youtube viewers.
Muker

#16 sub280

sub280

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

You make a lot of money on your guns because of your youtube account, which is another reason to keep your youtube account.

(i had to post in this thread cause i didnt know if you'd understand without the post above me)

-Sub280 :lol:
I refuse to buy anything that involves Billy "TALKS SO LOUD MY EARS ARE GOING TO BLEED" Mays.

#17 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I have official ranges now. Flat, stock, screamer darts (the darts it comes with)
25', 27', 28', 27', 29', 26', 27', 28', rounding to the nearest foot. I fired all 8 darts the gun came with.

Removed ar's, flat, shooting screamer darts, same as before.
36', 38', 38', 39', 37', 38' 39', 37'

Not bad for a gun that was predicted to suck more then the LS front gun.
Muker

#18 cookiecrusher

cookiecrusher

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

That looks to be a great gun for assassins.

#19 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I have official ranges now. Flat, stock, screamer darts (the darts it comes with)
25', 27', 28', 27', 29', 26', 27', 28', rounding to the nearest foot. I fired all 8 darts the gun came with.

Removed ar's, flat, shooting screamer darts, same as before.
36', 38', 38', 39', 37', 38' 39', 37'

Not bad for a gun that was predicted to suck more then the LS front gun.

Wow! An average 10' increase in range from just removing the AR's.... I really hope that it can get at least 50', but I'm not gonna speculate.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#20 Brunta

Brunta

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

I'm actually really excited about these. These may be small but I think they will be very useful when I use my ninja skills.

#21 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

I think they will be very useful when I use my ninja skills.

*Effeminate FACEPALM*

But I might give these things a try. Hell, 30 feet, Its better than a Firefly. :lol:
I'd love to see the finished project. Also I could get Creative with the paintjobs.

EDIT:/// Also, If you make it a video Disable comments,No-one likes to scroll down and see 12 comments saying "1st" or "1st Post"

Edited by Red Star, 21 August 2008 - 07:46 PM.

Red Star's Big Rad Bow W/ Red Star Breech
The Red Star Breech

Xbox Live- IS2DI RedStar Add me if your up for some games

#22 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

*Effeminate FACEPALM*

But I might give these things a try. Hell, 30 feet, Its better than a Firefly. :lol:
I'd love to see the finished project. Also I could get Creative with the paintjobs.

Already working on it...
Muker

#23 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

*Effeminate FACEPALM*

Already working on it...

Already looking forward to your paintjobs... :D

#24 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

I just got these today.
Posted Image
I will be cpvcing it later today.

Look at how close the catch is to the little nub on the plunger it catches to. That can't be any more than 2 inches. If someone were to move the catch farther back, they could possibly double the power of the gun...

Probably dead by now, or something.

#25 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

Yea, But we don't know how long the barrel it self is.(I'd assume longer)
Red Star's Big Rad Bow W/ Red Star Breech
The Red Star Breech

Xbox Live- IS2DI RedStar Add me if your up for some games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users